• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is the right thread, but do any Gameboy emulators support loading from Google Drive? I'm thinking about buying My Boy but I need Google Drive loading (Its a work phone, after all :p)

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
SUCCESS.

Okay, so you have to use ComicRack and drop folders into the directory folder. Then sort by folder and BAMMO.

Shit works. Finally.

Huzzah.

HTC New One Grey

SeWWGUO.png

HTC New One Grey

SeWWGUO.png

5" 1080p, S800 2,2GHz, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM and 32GB storage. Not sure what the second camera is on the back though. Seems weird.

So much for that earlier leak without the HTC logo on the front. Can't believe people thought that was really going to happen.

In other news, two Galaxy S5 variants. The international LTE version runs MSM8974AC and is overclocked to 2.5GHz. It supposedly has a 1080p screen. The Asia/domestic LTE version has an Exynos processor and a QHD screen. The sacrifices in the version for us lot are being made to ensure that the battery life is still solid, Asians apparently don't care about battery life as much as westerners.

yogloo

Multiple lens will always be better than single lens for this type of tech. Usually the 2nd lens perspective difference can be used to create a better depth of field illusion.

pronk420

is there a good android email app like mailbox that works with imap yet?

i tried evomail and it was terrible (just didnt sync any changes), cloudmagic seems better but doesn't quite work because it marks mails as read before i have seen them

seems like boxer will come eventually, are there any others that are coming or are in beta?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
is there a good android email app like mailbox that works with imap yet?

i tried evomail and it was terrible (just didnt sync any changes), cloudmagic seems better but doesn't quite work because it marks mails as read before i have seen them

seems like boxer will come eventually, are there any others that are coming or are in beta?

Have you tried the default Android e-mail client (not the gmail app)?

Also check out Aqua Mail and K-9 mail. Both have imap support.

Xeno_V

The price of the HTC One went down in Europe (where I live at least) those days to 399 EUR which is pretty good I would say. I am between this and the Nexus 5 (also 399 EUR for the 32gb version). G2 and S4 cost the same more or less but the first one is too big and as for the 2nd one I don't like Samsung's UI.
Any advice on which one to choose? In the US the difference in price would make the N5 the best option for most people, but at exactly the same price this is quite the dilemma for me.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I got the comic app working right, I got my movies on my PC able to be streamed on the tablet anywhere in the house....now what.

What is something cool that I may be able to do with an Android tablet that I may not know about?

Groof

Set your network to Home Sharing, share your movie folder and download a free (I believe) app called Media House or BubbleUPnP. You can then watch anything in that folder on the tablet.

Pretty sweet.
#gamechanger

So gonna be trying this out when I get home. Thanks!

Pocket-lint think they know what the second camera's for - less about refocusing, and more fancypants depth of field photography: http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/127416-htc-one-m8-confirmed-to-have-two-rear-cameras-it-s-bokeh-time

Talking to sources familiar with the matter, Pocket-lint has learnt that the new flagship smartphone from HTC, due to be announced on 25 March, will still feature the same camera sensor that is in the 2013 HTC One but with also a second 2-megapixel camera sensor.

The job of the second camera will be to enhance bokeh and enable users to replace the background in any picture they take.

Bokeh (pronounced bo-kay) is the blur, or the beauty of the blur in the out-of-focus elements of a photo and it is something many portrait photographers strive for. It gives a greater sense of depth to photos and helps the subject have a lot more "punch".

The new technology benefits will be captured and controlled via an app HTC is currently working on. The system will be the first of its kind on a smartphone, but looks to work in a similar way to a dual-camera prototype Toshiba demonstrated before Christmas.
*fancypants is a technical term.

Nicktendo86

No one will give a royal fuck HTC, just put a proper sensor in and sort your software so it isn't a purple mess. It isn't that hard, the one was praised it needed a few tweakes and could have been a real winner.

Groof

So I got a SlimPort adapter to mirror my Nexus 7 through HDMI to a TV/Monitor today and I can't get it to work properly. At times it shows me the screen for a couple of seconds and then just dies, other times it just gives me a black, static screen. It works fine with my Nexus 4, however.
Anyone got any ideas?

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Anyone's Facebook app design updated to their new redesign over the last few days.

I haven't signed up to any testing or beta releases and mine looks like the preview shown last November now.

freshair

After 1 1/2 years, the price of a replacement N4 screen has come down enough that I can finally replace my cracked screen. $70 >__>

daoster

LG G2 owners, do you seem to have GPS problems? Lately, my phone seems to be losing the GPS signal and it takes awhile for it to get back...this happens on both Gmaps and Waze

That's pretty neat, wonder if it's just going to be a slow rollout or maybe an .apk will pop up. It looks like it holo-fied, which I'm cool with because I love holo apps.

Speaking of holo apps, I don't know if anyone has checked out Holofication Nation but they're a couple of guys in the process of holofying apps. Currently they have done Steam, Instagram, Snapchat, Grooveshark, and CNN.

Here is the xda thread of theirs.

They have an app in the Play Store which acts as their "hub", and it contains downloads for all their apps.

And this is their G+ Community.

And here's some pictures to get an idea:

Screenshot_2014-01-31-01-43-08.png

Screenshot_2014-01-31-01-49-18.png

nexusae0_unnamed-83.png

I know this is a complete and absolute shot in the dark, but...

I just dropped my S4. Screen is shit. won't work at all. just colors. No warranty on it.

I have about 800 dollars in shit to pay that I don't have at all right now. I'm broke and can't even pay this shit.

Does anyone have an old (I really don't care how old either) Android phone that they aren't using here? I have absolutely no money to buy one right now because of medical bills, school bills, books for school, etc. I'm on sprint, so I'd imagine a GSM one wouldn't work.

I'd ask in the Android GAF hangout, but... No phone. So yeah.

Fuck.

Edit: I'd be willing to trade a Mario and Luigi 3DS XL with Pokemon Y for a sprint/unlocked android phone as well if that would sweeten it for anyone.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I know this is a complete and absolute shot in the dark, but...

I just dropped my S4. Screen is shit. won't work at all. just colors. No warranty on it.

I have about 800 dollars in shit to pay that I don't have at all right now. I'm broke and can't even pay this shit.

Does anyone have an old (I really don't care how old either) Android phone that they aren't using here? I have absolutely no money to buy one right now because of medical bills, school bills, books for school, etc. I'm on sprint, so I'd imagine a GSM one wouldn't work.

I'd ask in the Android GAF hangout, but... No phone. So yeah.

Fuck.
Sell it and use that money to buy a cheap phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom