• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talon

but it's "plastic junk" not "premium materials" so overall the specs are better. and isn't the screen smaller?
Damn it, Faceless.

How many times do we have to say that "premium" doesn't mean metal. The matte soft touch plastic that Motorola used to use on the early Droids and HTC uses on the 8X are fine materials.

Samsung just uses that weird, jelly sticker coating on everything along with the flimsy ass back covers.
Here come the 2 people that use T-Mobile on this forum.

all the peeps say their Nexus 4 gets LTE on T-Mobile...
TFM: Strawman City

Matugi

but it's "plastic junk" not "premium materials" so overall the specs are better. and isn't the screen smaller?

the carbon fiber back looks better than the glass IMO and is less likely to crack. the screen on the X is 4.7 in with most often 4.5in of usable real-estate because of software navigation buttons

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
LoL @ All of you

zomg it is the same as the nexus 4

Not it isn't

Yes it is slightly worse with a slower processor

It isn't the same because it has a better CPU and GPU oh and a bigger screen

Ugh isn't the screen smaller dude

But this has LTE

Nexus 4 does do

Only on some technicality that works only for T-Mobile

But that counts yo

just about everything on the phone is better than the nexus 4. bigger screen, battery, same RAM, better graphics, arguably more efficient processor, LTE...

How can it have better graphics if it uses the same Adreno 320? If anything some games might end up being CPU limited by the weaker dual core Krait.

I kind of figured that. But in actual real world use is there a difference? I doubt it, just numbers on paper,

that's what i'm saying about this android mobile handset from Google. there is already a nexus 4. why does this deserve to exist at the same price, is there a difference?

How can it have better graphics if it uses the same Adreno 320? If anything some games might end up being CPU limited by the weaker dual core Krait.

higher clock? more efficient hardware revision? the bench we saw had fantastic numbers.

zedge

that's what i'm saying about this android mobile handset from Google. there is already a nexus 4. why does this deserve to exist at the same price, is there a difference?
There's obviously alot, all of which had been listed. For the same price as the 8 GB N4. Its much better to me. If this is the price.

kehs

Banned
I'm in disbelief at the reaction to a $300 off contract figure.

I'm gonna pay for a ubuntu phone just to piss you guys off.

higher clock? more efficient hardware revision? the bench we saw had fantastic numbers.

It's probably software optimisation, which will make its way to the N4 as well.

This discussion is a bit pointless anyway, it's not like anyone can buy a Nexus 4 right now so XFON is pretty much the only choice for people looking for a cheap off contract phone with half decent spces.

It's probably software optimisation, which will make its way to the N4 as well.

This discussion is a bit pointless anyway, it's not like anyone can buy a Nexus 4 right now so XFON is pretty much the only choice for people looking for a cheap off contract phone with half decent spces.
in stock on the Google Play Store with a free bumper.

I'm calling you out when the battery is better than your note dude.
we both know that won't happen. and the battery is sealed too!

Sky Chief

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but my Galaxy Nexus just updated to the latest version of Google Maps and it doesn't work.

Want to navigate somewhere? The wheel just spins endlessly searching for a route.

Want to see where you are? Sorry, the map will never load.

I rolled back the update and it worked perfectly again. Then updated again and same stupid shit. WTF!? How do i get this to actually work!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom