• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
just about everything on the phone is better than the nexus 4. bigger screen, battery, same RAM, better graphics, arguably more efficient processor, LTE...

N4 has a bigger screen. Motorola tends to use junky quality screens too, so we shall see.

Battery is marginally bigger (2100 vs. 2200).

My N4 has LTE.

So, we're left with a more efficient processor, which may or may not be true.

I'm still puzzling out where everyone is getting that the N5 is right around the corner.

Common sense.

Moto X hits late August, according to the rumors.

N5 will likely hit in November, and be announced in October. A two-to-three-month gap between the launch of the Moto X and the announcement of the N5 is "right around the corner" in my book.

cause motox sucks yo

Has nothing to do with it. I think the Moto X will be a very polished phone. I just would rather have the phone that will possibly launch with KLP.

kehs

Banned
nd the announcement of the N5 is "right around the corner" in my book.

Has nothing to do with it. I think the Moto X will be a very polished phone. I just would rather have the phone that will possibly launch with KLP.

It's gonna be a laptop that launches with klp. google already perfected the phone.

tino

Banned
Does any one find google's phone hardware strategy changes every year and its very inconsistent?

* release N4 and MotoX within 7 months of each other. Both of them are at the same price and target at the same price blanket.

* Nexus One's carrier relationship was all over the place, and they found out they couldn't sell the phone just on the website

* Nexus S was an afterthought

* Galaxy Nexus was the only one that had the coherent carrier co-marketing and competitive spec. Android 4.0 was also the biggest jump in software upgrade so it had serious edge over the competitors for half a year.

* Motorola usually launch their Verizon and ATT phones after E3, before Samsung. They have done nothing ever since google brought them. They have blown 2013 pretty much.

kehs

Banned
Does any one find google's phone hardware strategy changes every year and its very inconsistent?

* release N4 and MotoX within 7 months of each other. Both of them are at the same price and target at the same price blanket.

* Nexus One's carrier relationship was all over the place, and they found out they couldn't sell the phone just on the website

* Nexus S was an afterthought

* Galaxy Nexus was the only one that had the coherent carrier co-marketing and competitive spec. Android 4.0 was also the biggest jump in software upgrade so it had serious edge over the competitors for half a year.

* Motorola usually launch their Verizon and ATT phones after E3, before Samsung. They have done nothing ever since google brought them. They have blown 2013 pretty much.

N4 and N7 were price disruptors.

N1 was a disaster and they were out of their realm.

Nexus S was a push for NFC that never took off

Verizon fucked google over with the Galaxy Nexus, other wise it'd be similar to the moto x launch.

Moto used to be verizons bitch, they stepped up with new management.

gcubed

It's probably software optimisation, which will make its way to the N4 as well.

This discussion is a bit pointless anyway, it's not like anyone can buy a Nexus 4 right now so XFON is pretty much the only choice for people looking for a cheap off contract phone with half decent spces.

of course its going to run better, its not pushing nearly as many pixels.

They need to offer via carriers and GSM on Google Play. Thats the only way i'm interested, don't want to buy through a carrier

SimleuqiR

Where? Apple's blog?

That would be the antithesis of the motox.

I doubt they will skip T-Mo.

Still, even if they do, the AT&T version will run on T-Mo's network.

Googy ain't dumb.

http://www.tmonews.com/2013/07/9to5google-says-t-mobile-not-yet-on-board-with-moto-x-release/

The boys from 9to5Google are reporting that according to their inside source, only Sprint, Verizon and AT&T are definitively signed on to carry the Moto X. The report itself contradicts a WSJ source that stated all four national carriers will carry Motorola and Google’s first collaborative smartphone. The site speculates that because T-Mobile already carries the Nexus 4, it has yet to complete a deal with Motorola.

If the Moto X is priced close to the Nexus 4, I really don't see the need for T-mobile to jump on it too quickly.

I hope I eat lots and lots of crow, but I don't think that the Moto X will make much of a splash (nothing in the vicinity of the S4 or even the HTC One). Maybe the marketing push will help. Only time will tell.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
How do you add businesses you find in Maps to your contacts list? I could do it before but after Maps was updated I can't find the option.

gcubed

http://www.tmonews.com/2013/07/9to5google-says-t-mobile-not-yet-on-board-with-moto-x-release/

If the Moto X is priced close to the Nexus 4, I really don't see the need for T-mobile to jump on it too quickly.

I hope I eat lots and lots of crow, but I don't think that the Moto X will make much of a splash (nothing in the vicinity of the S4 or even the HTC One). Maybe the marketing push will help. Only time will tell.

you'd be crazy to say it would be anywhere NEAR the S4. The One though, thats a pretty low bar

kehs

Banned

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Thing is where as 5 years ago AT&T only had the iPhone and a couple of shitty crackberry devices (not even the good ones) they now appear to have the best phone lineup regardless of platform be it Android, iOS, or Windows Phone.

Vanillalite

Verizon event has started!

LB_7579.jpg

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Brian Klug (Anandtech):

Brian Klug ‏@nerdtalker 11m
Too busy traveling to SF to dig super deep, but if this "8 core" thing in the new Droids is the same as the X, it's just creative counting.

By their count, Exynos 5420 has like what, 14 cores? Can we stop this madness? Cores of what, not just some number. What's next?

Talon

The only reason these OEMs talk about cores is because they can make it sound like they're breaking some sort of ground through obfuscation directed at non-technical crowds.

Also:
gatOaAt.jpg

Missing the point. lol

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Presser Over...

2 Interesting TidBits

1 - Steals the Voice Controls rumored for the Moto X

2 - Appears to use it's own unique chipset

LB_7656.jpg

So I'm guessing that the new Droids specs will be pretty similar to the XFON's?

Vanillalite

The new Droid literally sounds like a repackaged Xfone with Droid branding for Verizon. Same chipset, both have 720p screens, both have that always on voice feature ect...

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
lb_76729ka65.jpg

Like the icon row at the bottom. Much more informative than a simple LED light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom