• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
lekI6eE.jpg

we're approaching 2nd Impact

Wait....leanback is still alive?

fuck this google tv team, holy shit.
it's built into the Youtube Android app now.

and yeah, Smart TVs with that are nice! PS3 version had compatibility for a while and even the 360 version has it now. quite a few standalone boxes have it as well. only bad thing is dealing with 'blocked on your device' videos, but that seem to happen less nowadays...

the Optimus G Pro is a damn good device, despite what you hear about LG

yeah, LG had a moment to shine before the Note 3 drops.

kehs

Banned
it's built into the Youtube Android app now.

Are we thinking of the same leanback?

I dont see leanback on my androids.

I just went to youtube.com/leanback.....why isnt this on google tv.

Actually, now that I think about it, I'm not to surprised anymore. They guy who was in charge of "community engangement" left a few months ago, and they didnt bother filling his spot. They dont cuur.

gcubed

Are we thinking of the same leanback?

I dont see leanback on my androids.

I just went to youtube.com/leanback.....why isnt this on google tv.

Actually, now that I think about it, I'm not to surprised anymore. They guy who was in charge of "community engangement" left a few months ago, and they didnt bother filling his spot. They dont cuur.
Leanback that I'm thinking of is phone control of the TV YouTube player.

Brettison is getting married and I'm bailing on the east coast, time to head to best coast. If you don't hear from me I had a nervous breakdown due to an insane timeline.

kehs

Banned
Leanback that I'm thinking of is phone control of the TV YouTube player.

Brettison is getting married and I'm bailing on the east coast, time to head to best coast. If you don't hear from me I had a nervous breakdown due to an insane timeline.

Oh I'm thinking about they're cool always playing interface they kind implemented once on the site.

Congrats to Brett and you man. Did you land the Google job, or are you just heading out there either way?

gcubed

Oh I'm thinking about they're cool always playing interface they kind implemented once on the site.

Congrats to Brett and you man. Did you land the Google job, or are you just heading out there either way?

Oh yea, nor sure what's going on with that.

Not Google, they be insane. Working for a semi startup data center switch company.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Holy balls dealing with Comcast is fucking shitastic. 2 hours and 5 people later....

Also the software on this modem router combo fucking blows. The wizard told me to make up a network name and password. Then nothing would work. I go check settings and ffs my password isn't even right. It is just some extra long random as string of characters. Gosh damn.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So I am getting better speeds with my new modem. To bad the wireless router portion sucks. This thing has shit for range, and some googling agrees.

The problem? You have to actually call Comcast cause their firmware blows to put the shit into bridge mode so I can just use my Netgear router.

reKon

Banned
Probably cheap and easy to manufacture. They don't have to complete with bigger players for stock of something like an s600.

I really think that the S4 + 2gb ram combo is pretty great. I haven't used a device with the S4 pro yet, but it seems that the combo I've just mentioned is strong and further Android optimization will just improve things more.
Q
My HTC One never lags or gets bogged down so I'm very satisfied. For me going forward it will be about design and battery. My phone, the Galaxy Nexus suffered in performance at times when it needed the ram top do what I call true multitasking (downloading and installing apps while using the phone with no lag at all).

I still think the iPad is the ideal for these devices, but I doubt that the next mini will give me the same value for the money, even with a retina display.

Vyer

So I am getting better speeds with my new modem. To bad the wireless router portion sucks. This thing has shit for range, and some googling agrees.

The problem? You have to actually call Comcast cause their firmware blows to put the shit into bridge mode so I can just use my Netgear router.

, go get your own $100 modem. Call Comcast and they'll activate it. Use it with your Netgear or whatever router you want. Also when you turn in the Comcast modem you won't have to pay the monthly modem fee.

Downside of course is Comcast won't do much if you have any problems with your modem in the future

I'm still trying to figure out why Brett didn't just buy a cable modem and the wireless router of his choice. I didn't even realize people actually used the Comcast provided equipment, that sounds awful and I'm sure there's a monthly ripoff fee too to lease it or whatever too.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
It's supposed to unless you run something which requires a lot of memory and kicks it out. And since you have 2 GB of RAM, that's pretty much never.
The thing is that it never used to do that prior to the update which I found weird. I hadn't used it since I bought PowerAmp but the new interface is really slick and has got me using it again.

thespot84

probably easier to do through telnet if i had to guess...

Nicktendo86

Ummm new n7 looks SLICK in that android police video. Only thing that's odd is they guy showed off the new wallpapers and the on that was on the leaked press shots is not included, weird. Unless it was a live wallpaper of course...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom