• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NH Apache

Banned
Any suggestions on what to do with an og galaxy tab? It can't do Netflix anymore and barely works as a browser. I have it rommed and rooted but I'm just not sure what it can be useful for anymore.

Ideas?

Any suggestions on what to do with an og galaxy tab? It can't do Netflix anymore and barely works as a browser. I have it rommed and rooted but I'm just not sure what it can be useful for anymore.

Ideas?

Use it as a digital calendar in your kitchen or corridor? That's what I'm going to use my OG iPad for.

that's awesome

you'd better get a free one. i mean, why else give away the passes, right?

I hope we do get free ones. They only gave away 30 tickets, and they have a $500 mil budget. Surely, they can afford it.

awesome d00d

Thanks, I got the last ticket at my location, and as I was filling out the picture waiver form, two guys came running up and got turned away.

That all said, I may give away the second ticket. My g/f is going out of town, and all my friends use iPhone, so... Who lives in NY and wants to be my date?

Vyse, what time is the event? Need a buddy?

8pm tomorrow in NYC. I'm going to ask a friend if they want to go; if they don't, I'll put it up for grabs.

I will accept bribes.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
When Key Lime Pie finally gets revealed/released, what major design changes do you think/hope will happen?

Maybe they'll get out of the blue menus and go for a white and black theme instead? Transparency? What do you guys think?

rnZrF4e.jpg

Also strict widget design guidelines.

Ephemeris

That all said, I may give away the second ticket. My g/f is going out of town, and all my friends use iPhone, so... Who lives in NY and wants to be my date?

8pm tomorrow in NYC. I'm going to ask a friend if they want to go; if they don't, I'll put it up for grabs.

I will accept bribes.

I used to live there :(

*starts punching babies*

NH Apache

Banned
re-gift for a pre-teen? video plate?

The only preteens I know have ipad3s already and would scoff at this I'm sure.

Never heard of it until now. Just checked it out and they won't accept the og tab, just tab 2 and up.

Use it as a digital calendar in your kitchen or corridor? That's what I'm going to use my OG iPad for.

This..is actually a great idea. Just keep it plugged in all the time and change the screen timeout?

NH Apache

Banned
Exactly. I already installed the Uniqluo calendar on the iPad and I'd say it's a good method to prevent burn in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHL72-hfFhA&list=PLB4AC0853ADBE35CE

Not sure if there's an Android version.

Doesn't seem to be. There is Uniqlo Wake up (Free) which looks cool as hell and I'll be trying tonight.

I'm going to search around and see if I can find something equivalent that is android compatible. Cool app though, and wish I could run that.

Edit: Been a while since I visited XDA and it seems that there is a 4.2.2 package that improves performance significantly on the tab. Maybe I'll give that a shot tonight to see if I see any difference.

besiktas1

ffs got pushed 4.3, downloaded, went to some weird boot thing because I installed Franco kernal so I can get louder headphones. Couldn't update. Now it doesn't push me the update when I check again :(

Groof

Met a guy at the bar with a Galaxy Note 8.0 today. Those capacitive buttons looked so dumb I wanted to pour beer all over it.

Better yet, who the fuck brings a tablet to bar?

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Cross device notification syncing coming to Calendar soon.
Dismiss appt on one device will do the same for all your other devices.

Would it be possible to set the time on my Nexus 7 past the year 2037 if rooted? Also, is it possible to select multiple apps and transfer them to the home page?

Ephemeris

"Part of Apple's competitive edge has come from the fact that it tightly integrates its hardware and software together, producing innovative synergies that its hardware-centric competitors have a tougher time matching over the long term. Google's unified approach with its Motorola subsidiary appears to recognize this advantage, and they are clearly seeking to match it," said Goldman Sachs analyst Heather Bellini.

"Nevertheless, the impact may be negligible if Google’s in-house phones fail to generate meaningful share or if Google’s efforts weaken the broader Android ecosystem by alienating key OEM partners," she added.

Regarding Google's relationship with Samsung, Bellini said, "Moto X represents Google's attempt to achieve higher levels of mobile monetization, as it does not have to pay TAC on this device and since a more meaningful presence in smartphones could help elevate Google’s bargaining positioning vs. Samsung and Apple. However, if Moto X fails to garner traction, this creates the potential for Samsung to ask Google to pay a higher TAC rate than it is currently paying, as Samsung looks to increase the revenues associated with after-market sales of its devices."

Not much else here.

okay, no more X talk from me.

"If you S Beam me yours I'll S Beam you mine"

Never have unprotected S-Beams.

kehs

Banned
Yup, Moto is doing some off the wall hardware playing with their new phones. I figured they'd be adding extra hardware to deal with their moto magic, and it sounds awesome.

Fun times ahead:

"It's done by Motorola, a lot of design in the entire system," he said. "The actual silicon is specified by us but we don't go ahead and design and fab it. It's not an ARM processor, it's a very low-power separate processor," he said.

The contextual computing processor handles the sensors, display and touch interaction, but it also appears to function as the primary processor when the phone is in standby mode, including showing status and notification information on the display. The natural language processor deals with audio, noise estimation and noise cancellation; Motorola isn't using noise-cancellation technology from Audience or any outside vendor, Arshad said.

"We invented mobile. We have [80] years of DSP expertise, That is all Motorola's unique technology," he said.

"If we did not have the contextual computing processor and our natural langauge processor in place, we would need two additional batteries," he said. The X8 also performs 50 percent better than "our competition" on gaming battery rundown benchmarks and can push higher graphics frame rates, he said.

Going HAM

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2422513,00.asp

3phemeral

Yup, Moto is doing some off the wall hardware playing with their new phones. I figured they'd be adding extra hardware to deal with their moto magic, and it sounds awesome.

Fun times ahead:
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2422513,00.asp

Separating the custom logic from the CPU will allow Motorola to build X8s based on other CPUs, Arshad said.
"We can with with any Qualcomm processor. We can work with anybody's CPU. That's the beauty of it; all of our technology and experiences are decoupled from the legacy CPU processor," he said.

CHgjELn.gif

thespot84

Doesn't seem to be. There is Uniqlo Wake up (Free) which looks cool as hell and I'll be trying tonight.

I'm going to search around and see if I can find something equivalent that is android compatible. Cool app though, and wish I could run that.

Edit: Been a while since I visited XDA and it seems that there is a 4.2.2 package that improves performance significantly on the tab. Maybe I'll give that a shot tonight to see if I see any difference.

Yoko Kanno? Wow!

bob page

What's everyone's favorite widgets that don't look like shit?

I hope we do get free ones. They only gave away 30 tickets, and they have a $500 mil budget. Surely, they can afford it.

Thanks, I got the last ticket at my location, and as I was filling out the picture waiver form, two guys came running up and got turned away.

I will accept bribes.

Still have that ticket? I work in Times Square & could probably leave early.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
What's the best set of earbuds to use? I'm looking for a mix of great sound quality at a somewhat reasonable price.

Define reasonable?

I have these that I put on my Xmas list and got....

9410883219_36b20e5ea9_z.jpg

9410883695_be6e9df7be_z.jpg

I use them with my HTC One X(L) with CyanogenMod as well as my 3DS and they work out perfect for me! I think my sister in-law found them for under $60 on Amazon. The Fischer Audio Eternia are a good choice as well for around the same price.

Vanillalite

What's everyone's favorite widgets that don't look like shit?

Outside of the cLock widget that comes with CyanogenMod that displays my time/alarm/weather I don't use anything else. Put me in the camp that 9/10 widgets just end up looking like shit.

A little too cheap. I tried some $20 Sony ones and there was popping during music playback.

Define reasonable?

I have these that I put on my Xmas list and got....

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7334/9410883219_36b20e5ea9_z.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7338/9410883695_be6e9df7be_z.jpg[IMG]

I use them with my HTC One X(L) with CyanogenMod as well as my 3DS and they work out perfect for me! I think my sister in-law found them for under $60 on Amazon. The Fischer Audio Eternia are a good choice as well for around the same price.[/QUOTE]

This might be a good option.

jokkir

Anyone know where I can get an offline version of all the content in developer.android.com? Or is that not legal or something? Going on a long trip soon and need to read it >__>

Vanillalite

The Chrome for Android Beta channel has been updated to 29.0.1547.40 and will be available in Google Play over the next few hours. This release has a number of crash fixes as well as the following main fixes

226870: Add "+" for new tab to the left of the omnibox on phones (experimental)

The Chrome for Android Beta channel has been updated to 29.0.1547.40 and will be available in Google Play over the next few hours. This release has a number of crash fixes as well as the following main fixes

226870: Add "+" for new tab to the left of the omnibox on phones (experimental)
Like every other browser already has. Amazing.

LiDfcyO.png

Yay plus button. All of these browsers piss me off. Stock pisses me off, Dolphin pisses me off, Fire fox pisses me off and Chrome pisses me off. Urgh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom