• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably old, but apparently, the version of 4.3 in AOSP is a newer version than the factory images/OTA one. Newer one has a new N4 kernel and GPU fixes.

Oh Googy and its self-fragmentation.

Would you rather updates that break your phone?

Hmm? The version in AOSP was published by Google. It's the final version of 4.3. A Google engineer mistakenly thought it was only for the N7, so he used the earlier build (the one we got) for the N4 factory image, according to XDA.

ShowDog

If the new Kindle Fire 7" really has a Snapdragon 800 for a similar price I can't think of a reason not to get it. It will be rooted and run Cyanogenmod before long, and updating to the newest version of Android right away is entirely overrated at this point. Hell, 4.3 isn't much different than 4.1 and 4.2 destroyed the user experience on the last Nexus 7. Day 1 Google updates don't mean much to me at this point as a prospective cheap tablet buyer.

But from what I have seen the standard Kindle Fire UI is trash, so there's that.

Speevy

Banned
Hey guys, I just put Cyanogenmod 10.1 on my Nook HD+.

What's the most idiot-proof way to get this thing to download apps to my external storage?

Anybody?

I've tried several apps, but none of them seem to think I have it partitioned right (though they acknowledge the root)

I don't want to brick this thing.

My Nexus 10 finally got the 4.3 update.

Installed it about 2 minutes ago and I'm a little worried how slow it's feeling. Hopefully just needs some time to settle. :\

Talon

So the numbers that Google quoted about Nexus 7 sales in Japan ignored Apple stores and SoftBank?

I'm sure those wouldn't have affected the 4% difference at all.

I'm really interested in switching from the iPhone back to Android (I had a G2X many moons ago)

I'm on Verizon and the Maxx is really interesting to me because of the battery life. Is there a way to get COMPLETELY stock on it? I don't know anything about bootloaders and all that jazz.

Talon

I'm really interested in switching from the iPhone back to Android (I had a G2X many moons ago)

I'm on Verizon and the Maxx is really interesting to me because of the battery life. Is there a way to get COMPLETELY stock on it? I don't know anything about bootloaders and all that jazz.
The version they've showed looks about as stock as any OEM. Literally the three things that people have caught as different is a different quick settings button, the local share feature and the (ugly) widgets.

kehs

Banned
I know it's the final days with the motox but, I just heard a rumor from a very very legit source, apparently it's going exclusive to rogers in canada.

Cipherr

Kindle still is the only tablet/mobile device that will play Amazon videos.

Not good enough. The negatives still outweigh the positives. It really doesn't matter for me what Amazon ships. Ill be happy because it pushes competition, but I wouldn't ever buy one. I'm not going to deal with trying to get Play Store access, all my app, videos, games, and book compatibility and dealing with that mess of an OS fork they have going.

I know it's the final days with the motox but, I just heard a rumor from a very very legit source, apparently it's going exclusive to rogers in canada.
66RGx32.gif

Ephemeris

I hope you all remember Professor pctX this thursday.

He gave his life so the dream could live and his Moto X-men be accepted.

I'm not home till around 6 or so these days but just know that I'm at work lurking this thread so I'll be giggling like a schoolgirl at your reactions.

If google sell it unlock in Asia or Europe then you can buy it and use it. What google doesn't sell in Canada doesn't matter/
but it kinda defeats the value proposition if I'm gonna have to pay extra to get it shipped here or something. That's assuming google isn't shipping to canada at all and is only US.

Google should always couple Canada with USA. We're basically the same shit. Like is it really that much harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom