• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ephemeris

Who is Pctx?

images

Professor
Charles
T ??
Xavier

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
AT&T has slowly become the best wireless carrier in the US. They have more coverage than Sprint and T-Mobile and a better phone selection than Verizon. Plus the data plans are slightly better on AT&T.

That's a long way from shitastic iPhone only with dropped calls everywhere AT&T.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Looks nice with the color options, but considering you can get an HTC One for Under 100 bones on contract now with 32 gigs of RAM it is underwhelming to say the least.

yyzjohn

Banned
Yeah, what's with the crap Leo Laporte was saying that "some things haven't been leaked" about this phone. Blah, the size looks nice, doesn't seem like a 4.7" screen because the bezels are so small, but other than that nothing really jumps out at me.

daoster

So...When does Nexus 5 come out? And do you think it'll be compatible with Verizon.

FUCK I am so angry and disappointed, still stuck with my shitty Galaxy Nexus...maybe I can buy a cheap Note II or GS3 on Ebay for Verizon.

Fox318

So...When does Nexus 5 come out? And do you think it'll be compatible with Verizon.

FUCK I am so angry and disappointed, still stuck with my shitty Galaxy Nexus...maybe I can buy a cheap Note II or GS3 on Ebay for Verizon.

Roms make the Galaxy Nexus better but I'm with you.

lol @ Verizon

The Verizon Wireless Moto X, for example, is pre-loaded with a number of apps, including NFL Mobile, VZ Navigator, Verizon Tones, a voicemail app, a caller ID app, and a setup wizard. The device also has a Verizon Wireless logo on the back, and the phone checks with the carrier to see if tethering is enabled on your account before letting you share your internet connection.

Talon

That wooden phone is the most ridiculous device I've seen in a long while. A light birch would look nice, but the deep hue makes it look like grandma's floor.

tino

Banned
I told you guys many times low cost smartphone doesn't work in the US because there is no low end pricing for smartphones here. And some people didn't believe it.

This price is broken, lol.

3phemeral

ROMs do not seem to make my Galaxy Nexus much better, and definitely hasn't seemed to do jack shit for my biggest concern, battery life :(

ROMs have always be very miss and hit for me. Mostly miss, though, until recently. The weird thing about it is that no matter how many times I flash using the same super wiping method, the results are always inconsistent. For instance, I've been running stable CM 10.2 and finally got it smooth enough with a few tweaks to the franco kernel. When 4.3 ROMs came out, I decided to try a few and found them to be horrible. I went back to flashing CM 10.2 again and it's running absolutely perfectly smooth with no kernel modifications.

I really don't know why there's so much inconsistency in performance, but I'm sticking with stable 10.2 for now until I have good reason to upgrade. So long as it's performance stays the same, I'll be happy. But I'm really getting desperate for a new phone and being on Verizon just makes it suck when you have grandfathered unlimited data and don't want to lose it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom