• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's what the nex6 should have launched at. It doesn't solve it being an abomination but it could have been a well priced abomination.

Reckoner

Right on. Seriously thinking of the Z6 next summer. (Provided Sony doesn't get out of mobile altogether). Really liking my Z3.

Sony has everything to get on top. They just have to put their shit together.

Btw, it pisses me off that in 2015 I can't still plug my Android phone through usb to my car stereo and have it output audio.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Nexus 6 is a great phone. $350 price point makes it a winner for a buy today. I certainly wouldn't buy any other phone right now.

Nexus 6 or N5-2 for the same price? N6 all the way.

Wreav

Banned
Nexus 6 is a great phone. $350 price point makes it a winner for a buy today. I certainly wouldn't buy any other phone right now.

Nexus 6 or N5-2 for the same price? N6 all the way.

AJ's been secretly using a BB Tour this entire time.

thuway

Serious advice needed guys. I want a new Android Phone and I'm currently rocking a Note 3 but my microphone has begun shitting the bed.

I am looking into two phones, I'm ATT only. I am thinking of either getting a Nexus 6 or a Galaxy Note 5. The main issue I have is - if I go with the Note 5 it can't be rooted because ATT has locked down the bootloader, and if I go with a Nexus 6 I'm afraid it will be very hard to replace the battery or be extremely expensive. Samsung offers a replacement service for 50 bucks.

Any help? I want an OLED display, and a user replacable battery with a decent camera, but I keep looking at my Note 3 running CM12.1 and realizing it really might be the GOAT.

Serious advice needed guys. I want a new Android Phone and I'm currently rocking a Note 3 but my microphone has begun shitting the bed.

I am looking into two phones, I'm ATT only. I am thinking of either getting a Nexus 6 or a Galaxy Note 5. The main issue I have is - if I go with the Note 5 it can't be rooted because ATT has locked down the bootloader, and if I go with a Nexus 6 I'm afraid it will be very hard to replace the battery or be extremely expensive. Samsung offers a replacement service for 50 bucks.

Any help? I want an OLED display, and a user replacable battery with a decent camera, but I keep looking at my Note 3 running CM12.1 and realizing it really might be the GOAT.

LG G4? It's IPS LCD but it still looks good. Go to your local store and try it out to be sure.

Granted I can't help you on the root access front.

Husker86

I'm sitting here using my GS6 in bed, one handed, and I'm starting to dislike thin bezels. Android either needs better touch rejection, or...I dunno. Thin bezels are so damn good looking, but not very user friendly.

Saiyan-Rox

In Nexus we trust

Let it warm us with its chipset but not burn like its rivals with the 810, amen.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/0...l-hardware-in-white-with-fingerprint-scanner/

ap_resize.php

Mmmmm I want that damn phone already.

Looks just the same as before, so that's a news story with nothing new in it. They should just leak some information about the damn battery so I know if this thing is worth buying - or if I should upgrade to a flagship Samsung and put Cyanogenmod on it.
pretty reliable leak says 2700mah for a 1080p battery. Should be solid with marshmallow.

Saiyan-Rox

Looks just the same as before, so that's a news story with nothing new in it. They should just leak some information about the damn battery so I know if this thing is worth buying - or if I should upgrade to a flagship Samsung and put Cyanogenmod on it.

1080p
808 Snapdragon
2700 mAh battery
3GB Ram

Pretty much everything? I'd say its probably accurate as most Nexus leaks are this time for year.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Get the G4

1080p
808 Snapdragon
2700 mAh battery
3GB Ram

Pretty much everything? I'd say its probably accurate as most Nexus leaks are this time for year.

I must have missed it. I don't read :(

So it is slightly better than my current Nexus 5 - looks like I'm making the switch. Old Nexus 5 can go to my parents.

I must have missed it. I don't read :(

So it is slightly better than my current Nexus 5 - looks like I'm making the switch. Old Nexus 5 can go to my parents.
I would say it's more than slightly better.

Better camera (with laser autofocus)
1 whole extra gig of ram
+400mah extra battery capacity for a slightly bigger screen (and more efficient OS)
fingerprint scanner + type C

I would say it's more than slightly better.

Better camera (with laser autofocus)
1 whole extra gig of ram
+400mah extra battery capacity for a slightly bigger screen (and more efficient OS)
fingerprint scanner + type C

The battery is the only thing that makes it worth the switch from the old Nexus 5.

Still, 399 for 16 GB is a bit shit.

Oh, and what about the rumored metal frame? I haven't seen it mentioned in a while.

The battery is the only thing that makes it worth the switch from the old Nexus 5.

Oh, and what about the rumored metal frame? I haven't seen it mentioned in a while.
Yeah according to the OnleaksxUswitch leak it was supposed to have a polycarbonate back with a metal frame. We haven't heard anything since. Would be nice if true.

Metal frame is for the N6, hence the ugly big black plastic camera hump. The 5 won't be metal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom