• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talon

Never used the Nova Launcher before, but this Google update actually made me try it - it's very nice indeed and I really do love how customisable it is, I think I may even buy prime due to how good it is.
Nova Launcher is the GOAT.

Though I did use Aviate for a little bit, and it looks nice aesthetically.

jokkir

wgw7Xax.png

Still not so sure about that mic button being coloured

Yea, no. That's bullshit, the fucking world uses BLE on stock android and it works fine. Every other fitness tracker, every watch, any hr monitor. Take your Samsung cock gobbling somewhere else.

LMAO I didn't even mention Samsung. You seem to have some problems though.

Fitbit controls something like 70% of the nascent wearable fitness monitors market

Multiple manufacturers make Nexus devices so it's not even a manufacturer thing, last I checked Samsung has made 2 Nexus devices in the past

Hattori

Banned
I ended up backing that Robin phone, hopefully it doesn't turn into vaporware.
Not that I care though because AMEX x)

Alchemy

So is the Z5 Premium going to be the only 5.5 inch Xperia phone released? The rumored 4k screen sounds horrible for battery life.

rrvv

are xperia owners stupid? You don't need to know where it is on any other phone lol

never understood it

You will be surprised how many people doesnt know what is NFC in general.

I think Sony just want to increased the awareness consider Sony is one of the pioneer

yup, its low risk enough for me so I'm taking a leap of faith. I'll keep myself busy with a Moto X Pure in the meantime :)

Ah just seems weird to jump on a phone with those specs that you won't see until that timeframe. MWC would be right around the corner along with new devices by all the major oems. Seems pretty cool what they set out to do though.

gcubed

LMAO I didn't even mention Samsung. You seem to have some problems though.

Fitbit controls something like 70% of the nascent wearable fitness monitors market

Multiple manufacturers make Nexus devices so it's not even a manufacturer thing, last I checked Samsung has made 2 Nexus devices in the past

It's still bullshit. BLE works fine for every thing that uses it on stock android. Fitbit is blaming their poor programming on a phone when both my wife and I use multiple BLE devices every day between different wearables (one a fitbit), a BLE HR monitor, and a bike cadence monitor with no battery difference.

Why is gcubed angry all the time?

I have to be too cheery at work, so I have none left

terrier

am i the only one that likes the new google logo on google search bar ?
Feels different, and at least it isn't a lifeless white bar at the top of my home screen.

Should be transparent or like LG's launcher, just a G and a mic on one side (or like portrait mode on tablets)

I also like google now cards new design

kami_sama

am i the only one that likes the new google logo on google search bar ?
Feels different, and at least it isn't a lifeless white bar at the top of my home screen.

Should be transparent or like LG's launcher, just a G and a mic on one side (or like portrait mode on tablets)

I also like google now cards new design
While I think it is great, if you had minimalist homescreen, the new colors are not good.

terrier

While I think it is great, if you had minimalist homescreen, the new colors are not good.

yes, i understand that for people having some minimalist designs it is a bit.... shitty :p

I have a typical colourful family background photo and just a flashlight widget (1x1) so it is nicer now than the white lifeless bar that was before.... Google search bar should be able to be disabled though since GNow is just a swipe away and you can say OK Google from any screen these days.

Groof

The colourful logo I can live with, but the microphone is a tad much. It doesn't look good on the smaller screens, looks a bit messy. Other than that I approve of the new designs.

Nicktendo86

I like the new coloured logo by yeah not sure about the mic. Donning the colour but the uneven amounts puts me off a bit. Sure I will get used to it.

The new now cards are lovely.

The Cowboy

The colour on the Google search bar is growing on me (though i would prefer the same typeface in grey), but i can never see myself liking the new google now cards page, it just has so much wasted space with the search box being towards the middle of the screen, the drawing logo above it taking way to much room and the cards having a line between groups (this doesn't need a space on each side of the line).

Regarding the top logo on the page, why didn't they at least do it like the one i edited on the right?.
The logo still draws just fine at this area, and the search box is very close to its original location - i just don't see why they wasted so much space above the logo.

terrier

The colour on the Google search bar is growing on me (though i would prefer the same typeface in grey), but i can never see myself liking the new google now cards page, it just has so much wasted space with the search box being towards the middle of the screen, the drawing logo above it taking way to much room and the cards having a line between groups (this doesn't need a space on each side of the line).

Regarding the top logo on the page, why didn't they at least do it like the one i edited on the right?.

The logo still draws just fine at this area, and the search box is very close to its original location.

yes, agree on wasted space, but cards are nicer now. Hope they fix the big empty space between cards

The Cowboy

yes, agree on wasted space, but cards are nicer now. Hope they fix the big empty space between cards

I to prefer the look of the cards now, they look a lot nicer - but as agreed the space between them is just to much.

I want a best of both builds. the new build cards design with the layout/spacing (not wasted space) of the old build :D.

Nicktendo86

Hey I'm not sure if I'm late with this or what but I noticed on the clove.co.uk site that the Moto X style they have for pre-order is 32gb, I am sure it was 16gb before so I've just checked the Moto.co.uk site and sure enough under specs they only have 32gb & 64gb options, looks like they have dropped 16gb!

The logo still draws just fine at this area, and the search box is very close to its original location - i just don't see why they wasted so much space above the logo.

How do you even get that? M preview?

Mindwipe

Agree, though the category splits are about six times bigger than they need to be still.

At least let us compact it in settings or something. This completely nerfs the usefulness of Google Now.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Xperia-Z5-Family-640x854.png

The Sony Xperia Z5 will be available in Gold, Teal, Black and White. The Xperia Z5 Compact will be available in Pink, Yellow, Black and White, whilst the Xperia Z5 Premium will be available in Chrome, Black and Gold.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
matt grey looks really nice. Especially if it means no glass back (my Z3 fell off the bedside table again this morning. So damn slippery)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom