• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

In case yall thought the dumbass fingerprint sensor location was fake on the S8 lol:

https://www.sammobile.com/2017/02/0...face-shows-a-rear-mounted-fingerprint-sensor/

I just ordered a Nexus 6P.

My first Android device.

Any advice for a first-timer such as myself?
not really. Android can be overwhelming, don't try to take it all in and figure it all out at once. Try some apps, test some settings, don't go buckwild or it will backfire on you. Try out some cool shit that would only work on Android like the app Airdroid for example. Lots to discover.

In case yall thought the dumbass fingerprint sensor location was fake on the S8 lol:

https://www.sammobile.com/2017/02/0...face-shows-a-rear-mounted-fingerprint-sensor/

not really. Android can be overwhelming, don't try to take it all in and figure it all out at once. Try some apps, test some settings, don't go buckwild or it will backfire on you. Try out some cool shit that would only work on Android like the app Airdroid for example. Lots to discover.

eyewitness account looks exactly like the shopped image

Avixph

Oh no.

Android Police has the LG Watch Sport priced at $350. That is compared to the $250 price of the LG Watch Style although you get more features for the money. That being said, I saw some talk on Reddit suggesting the Sport might not support swap-able bands due to some sort of conflict with the LTE radios. For reference here's the image of both watches again. The watch with two buttons being the sport.
ap_resize.php
LG Watch Sport:
Larger display that is also higher resolution.
IP68 Water Resistance.
GPS.
Heart-Rate Monitor.
NFC (Android Pay Support).
Supposed to have slightly more RAM.
LTE Support.
Two additional physical buttons.
Priced at $350

LG Watch Style:
IP67 Water Resistance.
No GPS.
No NFC.
No LTE.
Less RAM than Sport.
Priced at $250.

Laekon

Not doubting that they would do it but the drawings are odd. The top drawing has the same length screen on the front as the whole device on the back. And do companies really use measurements in even and odd hundreds of a millimeter?

Has anyone found good reviews of the S7 or Huawei's Nougat upgrades?

nin-swappable bands?

how is this thing releasing over a year after the Gear S2 Classic and still gimped?

Googy PLZ!

Maybe Samsung is pulling a fast one on everyone. Only explanation.

Also shopped image was based on evleaks real image.

nah, i'm gonna guess that's just how it is.

rotate 90 degrees and paste.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I'd prefer the Style but with the Sport stats. But since they screwed it up, hard pass. It'll drop in price substantially within three months.

Hasney

because that's not where the index finger naturally goes?

Yes it is. Everytime I grab my 6p and forget about the sensor, my finger rests slightly to the left of the sensor (and probably slightly to the right for lefties.)

My finger is never anywhere near the camera.

Yes it is. Everytime I grab my 6p and forget about the sensor, my finger rests slightly to the left of the sensor (and probably slightly to the right for lefties.)

My finger is never anywhere near the camera.

My fingers often find themselves resting right on the camera on my Note 4 and I have to think about moving them slightly so I don't put fingerprints on the camera all the time.

I think a fingerprint sensor right by the camera would work out perfectly for me, if I actually got an S8. Which is unlikely, I hate Edge screens. I might end up keeping my N4 forever at this point if Samsung never offers regular screens ever again. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XSJmS_JN6s

Lol, fuck off Samsung (Galaxy S7 Edge Int'l is still the best phone I've ever used, but this is pathetic)

because that's not where the index finger naturally goes?

but there's no logo on the Sprint and T-Mobile versions and car dealers really do put their logos on the back of cars.

and god luck testing call and data performance of the international version on two of the top four US carriers.

reKon

Banned
but there's no logo on the Sprint and T-Mobile versions and car dealers really do put their logos on the back of cars.

and god luck testing call and data performance of the international version on two of the top four US carriers.

it's not about the quality of the video, but it's the basic principles!

My fingers often find themselves resting right on the camera on my Note 4 and I have to think about moving them slightly so I don't put fingerprints on the camera all the time.

I think a fingerprint sensor right by the camera would work out perfectly for me, if I actually got an S8. Which is unlikely, I hate Edge screens. I might end up keeping my N4 forever at this point if Samsung never offers regular screens ever again. :(

I've had no issues with S7 Edge using a very slim case, so that could be a solution if it bothers you that much.

Blackhead

Redarse
Android Police has the LG Watch Sport priced at $350. That is compared to the $250 price of the LG Watch Style although you get more features for the money. That being said, I saw some talk on Reddit suggesting the Sport might not support swap-able bands due to some sort of conflict with the LTE radios. For reference here's the image of both watches again. The watch with two buttons being the sport.

LG Watch Sport:
Larger display that is also higher resolution.
IP68 Water Resistance.
GPS.
Heart-Rate Monitor.
NFC (Android Pay Support).
Supposed to have slightly more RAM.
LTE Support.
Two additional physical buttons.
Priced at $350

LG Watch Style:
IP67 Water Resistance.
No GPS.
No NFC.
No LTE.
Less RAM than Sport.
Priced at $250.

DOA. Fitness and a little fashion are the main reasons anybody is buying smartwatches at the moment. The Style doesn't have a heart rate monitor wtf? The Sport could compete with the Garmin/Fitbit but lack of interchangeable bands (and so big/bulky) will limit mainstream adoption. Google needs to put out their Pixel watches by end of this year or they'll miss the boat completely.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Meh.

The general public still doesn't give a fuck about Smartwatches. Only thing they want is something maybe to track working out.

Blackhead

Redarse
Meh.

The general public still doesn't give a fuck about Smartwatches. Only thing they want is something maybe to track working out.

It's going to be fascinating to see if/how Google markets the LG Style. I don't think Google Assistant is anywhere close to being a marquee killer app, especially when the Style still requires a smartphone. But perhaps there's a feature of it they'll reveal at the event

Gear S3 is the best watch available right now for Android. Until AW 2.0 comes out at least and even then I don't think it will be much of a game changer.

JoseDFrog

Banned
I went back to iPhone and boy does the Gear S3 does not work well with iOS. If any one is interested I'm willing to sell it for $250 shipped. It's the T-Mobile version.

Damon

Yeah I dig my iphone 7. No real complaints at all. The only reason I haven't gotten an apple watch is I fear I flipflop too much between android and iphone. If the pixel 2 underwhelms and I end up signing 2 years on an 8, I think I'm just going to stick with it and get the watch though.

Only time will tell.

Same.

Switched from my HTC 10 to iPhone, few complaints but mostly enjoying it,

Had a Pixel for a short period, but at the same/similar price outright I felt the 7 was a better purchase for me.

Interested in the Pixel 2 but also interested in the iPhone 8, likely sell the 7 nearer the time since I didnt jump on the upgrade programme especially If I go for the 8.

Hoping for better battery though with the 8.

The size of the iPhone 7 is just perfect for me imo.

Lets see if Android can pull me back this year.

IISANDERII

Does anybody know how to make it so an app is a tab on a home screen? I saw this at BestBuy on a demo. The tablet has multiple homescreens like mine but one of the screens is just an app(it was Flipboard, a news app) so when you swipe left, the app is there instead of another homescreen.

kaiyo

Does anybody know how to make it so an app is a tab on a home screen? I saw this at BestBuy on a demo. The tablet has multiple homescreens like mine but one of the screens is just an app(it was Flipboard, a news app) so when you swipe left, the app is there instead of another homescreen.
It's a widget that fills up the whole space.

this_guy

Even then, what does LG offer that would make buying a G6 a good decision?

They usually lose value quickly, so after 3 months you can get a high end phone with a good camera in the $400 range. At full retail value it offers nothing over what Samsung offers.

Top Bottom