• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

RoKKeR

The back might be a train wreck and I'd still never get a samsung phone but props to sammy for the front cuz it's beautiful and it's what I hope google can match with the pixel and apple with the iphone 8. Low expectations on the pixel front :/

Looks pretty damn good. Fingerprint sensor on the back is a bummer.

Man, if a company can get a finger print sensor underneath the screen... would be so damn slick. Bezels be gone!

It is insane how much better iOS is at battery. Absolutely insane. I never got great Android SOT battery life like others reported so YMMV but man, iOS is actually usable for hours for me.

Of course, it has its drawbacks in background data pulling. Works perfectly fine for me, though. I notice no difference in how I actually use the phones.

Perhaps but there are no Android phones to me but Nexus and Pixel. I am not interested in any other Android phone. I'll just go to iOS.

If Nexus and pixel are only thing being considered Android then we should not say entire Android SOT is bad. Just mention those phones. There are many 625 or 820 powered phone with much better battery life.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
If Nexus and pixel are only thing being considered Android then we should not say entire Android SOT is bad. Just mention those phones. There are many 625 or 820 powered phone with much better battery life.
I was talking about my personal opinions. I am not here to defend Android. I only bought Nexus because it's the only Android phone I want. Yes, there are benefits to other phones. No, I won't make the sacrifice of software for that.

Apple Watch is way more confusing than Android Wear. It is like Apple and Google switched design philosophies. It's completely convoluted and lacks the elegant simplicity of Wear. Taptics, though, just as I predicted in the Apple Watch announcement thread, is crazy good. It is incredible. If Nintendo Switch has this kind of feedback, you'll be thrilled. Pops and twitches and buzzes. It all feels different. Messages come up like a Snapple bottle cap. Pop pop, but in and out feel. Very impressive.

yogloo

What's the current best android tablet with user replaceable battery? I just replaced the battery of my old n5100 note. It just feels good to spend 10 bucks and have my original battery life back.

Hasney

What's the current best android tablet with user replaceable battery? I just replaced the battery of my old n5100 note. It just feels good to spend 10 bucks and have my original battery life back.

Well I think you'll be keeping hold of it for a lot longer.

this_guy

I was talking about my personal opinions. I am not here to defend Android. I only bought Nexus because it's the only Android phone I want. Yes, there are benefits to other phones. No, I won't make the sacrifice of software for that.

That's cool, but just say Nexus phones, not Android, have shitty battery life. Most people have been saying that for years. The Mate 9, a recent high end Android phone, has pretty great battery life.

Your opinions don't override facts.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So people who recently updated to 7.0 ie OP3/T, Honor 8, Axon 7 ect ... what do you think of your device now post update?

ty_hot

So people who recently updated to 7.0 ie OP3/T, Honor 8, Axon 7 ect ... what do you think of your device now post update?
I didn't use it before the update (bought it last week) and I didn't notice any problems, bugs, freezes or anything wierd. Battery seems great, Ive been playing lots of Fire Emblem over 4g and the battery holds well. Can't compare with before the update though.

reKon

Banned

Apple Watch is way more confusing than Android Wear. It is like Apple and Google switched design philosophies. It's completely convoluted and lacks the elegant simplicity of Wear. Taptics, though, just as I predicted in the Apple Watch announcement thread, is crazy good. It is incredible. If Nintendo Switch has this kind of feedback, you'll be thrilled. Pops and twitches and buzzes. It all feels different. Messages come up like a Snapple bottle cap. Pop pop, but in and out feel. Very impressive.

What sacrifice? Google Assistant?

Jeels

Man, my HTC 10 is less than a year old and I have to charge it twice a day - once overnight and once again at some point in the middle of the day. It's ridiculous. :/ Hope phones come out soon that do something about battery life.

Futureman

I've done 18 surveys on the Google Rewards app and only have $3.20. Don't really know if it is worth giving so much personal info. I feel like 90% of what has been asked so far though Google should already know based off everything else I use Google for daily. Eh.

vivftp

New shots of the Xperia XA2 show pretty much what we saw before

http://m.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_xa2_spy_shots_show_off_its_square_design-news-23281.php

The source of this new photo claims Sony will sell this as the ‘Xperia XA2’. The photo is of poor quality but you can just make out the Android version, 7.0. Allegedly, the XA2 will be powered by the MediaTek Helio P20 chipset coupled to 4GB of RAM. On the back a 23MP camera, on the front a 16MP one.

The rumors are insistent that the USB port will be Type-C and that there will be a 3.5mm headphone jack. Rumors put the price at about CNY 2,200 ($320/€300).

Not too bad for a mid range device. Still waiting for anything about the new flagship.

I've done 18 surveys on the Google Rewards app and only have $3.20. Don't really know if it is worth giving so much personal info. I feel like 90% of what has been asked so far though Google should already know based off everything else I use Google for daily. Eh.

They seemed to have nerfed it pretty good. Used to be able to pay for YT Red with it.

Been using it for about three years now. Total, about $80.

I rarely get questions about personal stuff, usually "where you here?", which they know already cause GPS.

So It's been free movie rentals every couple of weeks, for a few seconds of my time. I'm ok with that.

what in gods fucking name is the lg sport watch:

jUuBNVL.jpg

2017-02-08.jpg

these OEMs are the reason android wear is DOA

Tizen Gear > *

The LG Watch Sport looks like a disaster. Way too chunky and not having a removable strap is dumb when Apple has a system that encourages swapping bands and makes it easy to do so.

I just do not see a sustainable audience for $300+ Android Watches. Nobody except enthusiasts are going to spend $350 for a smart watch and it is hard to justify that price tag when you can get a great phone like the OnePlus 3 for $400.

reKon

Banned
that review is so utterly ridiculous. They basically say battery life sucks, software is questionable, huge, uncomfortable, somehow still gets 7.1/10.

they're using the game review scale

game reviewers are harsher these days, especially from places like IGN who try to act like they're hard now, lol

Jeffrey

Do people really need 3g on their watch?

I wouldn't mind it if most carriers didn't charge you like $5 a month for every extra device.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
The LG Sport is exactly the watch I imagine the tech industry to make. It is hideous and packed with garbage features no one cares about. Why does the watch need a data connection? That is so unimportant. Wifi connection worked well when you work out but your phone is in the locker, for example. I thought that solution worked well. But even then, it's like an hour or so. It's not a big deal. There's no way I care about LTE on my watch. Anyone here? Why?

That thing is absolute disgusting.

RIP Sony Smartwatch 3. Came with NFC but won't ever get Wear 2.0. Sad!

Top Bottom