• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Has the WSJ ever been wrong on an Apple rumor?
I don't think so. With USB C, this new iPhone just keeps getting better and better.

Also, curved screen over the top and bottom would be a cool design and useful imo.

I don't think so. With USB C, this new iPhone just keeps getting better and better.

Also, curved screen over the top and bottom would be a cool design and useful imo.
iPhone 8 continues to sound more and more interesting even with a thousand dollar price point lol.

Everything else is kind of sounding less interesting. Kind of deflating. Whatevs. Will see what's going on come sept. We will have everything leaked in a month or two. Don't mind sticking with iOS but was hoping for a harder choice.

There be time. Some playas left.

Jeffrey

Someone leak a better notification system for iOS pls.

Also hope Apple adds some magical quick charge solution. 7 plus takes forever to charge even with an ipad charger which isn't even in the box.

zewone

i switched my moto x play with a lenovo p2. holy hell, i am almost back to the nokia age.

one full day of use with gps and bt on and it is at 80%. the 4gig of ram are also nice.
Now i am just waiting for the Nougat update.

and finally i can try cheapish VR ^^

Where did you get your P2 and how much did you pay? LTE work in the US?

First time I'm hearing about this phone and it sounds up my alley.

RoKKeR

I sort of hate how good the iPhone 8 is sounding as I'm now deep into the Android/Google ecosystem. Might just pass on new phones this year if the Pixel doesn't wow and wait for the S9. We shall see! It does sound sweet, though.

Someone leak a better notification system for iOS pls.

Also hope Apple adds some magical quick charge solution. 7 plus takes forever to charge even with an ipad charger which isn't even in the box.

that gonna be in the iPhone 8s ...quickcharge which they invented

iPhone 8 continues to sound more and more interesting even with a thousand dollar price point lol.

Everything else is kind of sounding less interesting. Kind of deflating. Whatevs. Will see what's going on come sept. We will have everything leaked in a month or two. Don't mind sticking with iOS but was hoping for a harder choice.

There be time. Some playas left.
I'm actually get an iPhone at this point.

Hasney

I'll admit, I did poke around what the current state of jail breaking iphones is right now. I couldn't live without doing that though.

I'll admit, I did poke around what the current state of jail breaking iphones is right now. I couldn't live without doing that though.
I'm one of those that didn't even customize my android phone much but back in the iphone 4 days I was definitely a hardcore customizer. Now I think everything is good. Just want ios11 to copy android on some things like notifications and it'll be perfect.

I have an ipad pro and it's probably my fave tablet. I guess if I get iphone 8 I'll get the series 3 watch too, Sticking with my windows PC though. Gave my macbook to my bro.

Ecosystems galore! I have a chromebook too but I gave it to my mom. She won't let it go.

Quasar

I've long wondered when Apple would make an even more ludicrously priced phone to complement the ipad pros. Maybe this will be it.

Would be nice to see Apple finally give up on proprietary connectors. I just kind of doubt it given the control they get over who can make addons.

Jeffrey

Well to be fair if you want to stick with android just get a s8. All the rumors at this point is that the iPhone 8 is just a Reskin s8 lol. Even the same Samsung screens!

There's literally no reason to get a phone over $600 anymore. I only use $600 as the baseline because of the Mate 9. So many phones under that price point that can go toe to toe with any device in the $700+ range.

Jeffrey

There's literally no reason to get a phone over $600 anymore. I only use $600 as the baseline because of the Mate 9. So many phones under that price point that can go toe to toe with any device in the $700+ range.

Samsung still has gimmicks that might be worthwhile although you can easily snag a new Samsung Galaxy for under $600 in a few months.

For android I definitely agree. Unless the premium ones do something truly special/unique. Unfortunately for the size-picky not a lot of cheaper smaller phones that don't suck.

I can't even stomach paying 650+ for a phone anymore either. Oh how the mighty have fallen

I also agree, unless you're like me that hasn't had any new smartphone since the Galaxy S3 & wants a high-end phone for better performance, quick charging, waterproofing, etc.

I'm waiting on the Google Pixel 2 to release this year since I've managed to save enough money (the XL version of it).

Also that iphone to usb c rumour still makes no sense at all. They 100% just mean the charger will be lightning - usb c so you can charge it in new PCs and new macs.

I also agree, unless you're like me that hasn't had any new smartphone since the Galaxy S3 & wants a high-end phone for better performance, quick charging, waterproofing, etc.
still waiting on them pixel 2 leaks....bordering on radio silence outside of a stupid rumour saying "it might be waterproof" and will have a better camera. Thanks internet.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I bought an iPhone and regret it. Want to go back to Axon 7. Better screen, Wi-Fi, and speakers. My iPhone even has a camera lens defect that makes lens flare ruin shots. Android wear is caca on it and I love my Huawei watch. Battery life is garbage.

iOS is rock solid but boring. Nougat with the split screen is fun to use.

Jeffrey

I'm barely even willing to pay $600 as it is.

BTW I really like the rounded corners on the G6. Anyone else? Looks very nice.
Check our roundify on the play store to simulate that. It's pretty neat.

For android I definitely agree. Unless the premium ones do something truly special/unique. Unfortunately for the size-picky not a lot of cheaper smaller phones that don't suck.

Even for iphone,i picked up a new 64gb 6s plus when 7 was announced for $500. Still faster than all Android devices and better camera than most lol.

Also that iphone to usb c rumour still makes no sense at all. They 100% just mean the charger will be lightning - usb c so you can charge it in new PCs and new macs.

still waiting on them pixel 2 leaks....bordering on radio silence outside of a stupid rumour saying "it might be waterproof" and will have a better camera. Thanks internet.

If they were taking suggestions a week ago, it's probably not even in a state to be leaked yet lol.

LeleSocho

Banned

Ok here's a new Pixel 2 leak, just don't tell anyone i told you about it...

It will have a faster processor!

ssssshhhhhhhhh! don't tell anyone

If they were taking suggestions a week ago, it's probably not even in a state to be leaked yet lol.
honestly, tech blogs are dumb as hell. Google was NOT taking suggestions on the pixel 2. It was probably just for the future of pixel afterward. The pixel 2 has been finalized a long time ago and well into QA testing and other things. The lead times on these kinds of products are crazy long.

Even last year it was known that they have some sort of working version of the pixel 2.

I guess this is google though so cobbling a phone together in 3 months and then having manufacturing and stock issues is totally something they'd do.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I'm in for the OP or Axon 2017 version. I figured I waited this long I can wait for that. Even if the OP is more expensive than the 3T it still won't be Pixel/iPhone pricing.

honestly, tech blogs are dumb as hell. Google was NOT taking suggestions on the pixel 2. It was probably just for the future of pixel afterward. The pixel 2 has been finalized a long time ago and well into QA testing and other things. The lead times on these kinds of products are crazy long.

Even last year it was known that they have some sort of working version of the pixel 2.

I guess this is google though so cobbling a phone together in 3 months and then having manufacturing and stock issues is totally something they'd do.
I'm fully expecting
hoping
that the Pixel 2 is a top tier phone ala Nexus 6P at the time of release.

reKon

Banned
I can't even stomach paying 650+ for a phone anymore either. Oh how the mighty have fallen

Tt's pretty easy not to. You just wait and don't buy shit at launch. Paid $530 for Galaxy S7 Edge 4 months ago. And it went lower again in a few weeks...

I'm fully expecting
hoping
that the Pixel 2 is a top tier phone ala Nexus 6P at the time of release.

Yes...we need another Google phone that will be just as memorable as the Nexus 6p, especially when Google themselves are now the ones who are engineering the phones themselves unlike with the Nexus lineups.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
C5zFzC5U0AIiwFH.jpg:large

Evan Blass‏ @evleaks 4m minutes ago

I think this is what you've been waiting for.

Laekon

I'm ultra mad about this because i had thought of this concept years ago but because i'm a dumb average joe i couldn't bank on it...

Sony has had this technology for years in point and shoot cameras. I remember cameras the size of a regular wallet with 5 to 10x optical zoom a good 7+ years ago.

you cannote think of onenote reason to pay more than six hundred notes for a phonote?

that is unbeleivablnote.

Fatalah

So I know Lenovo has two design teams -- one in Chicago, and another in China

I just can't remember which team is designing what.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
That's a good looking phone right there. Bixby button is a total waste, hopefully it's reprogrammable. And the rumor that the camera isn't a big jump is disappointing.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I know we're now past the subject and I risk a bunch of blowback from other posters who want to talk about the next $300 mediocre Chinese me too phone, but

If Apple had any plans to switch from Lightning to USB-C, why wouldn’t they have switched last year with the iPhone 7, when they started making tens of millions of pairs of Lightning ear buds? Why did they put a Lightning port on the AirPods case? My expectation has been that iPhones will never switch to USB-C — that Apple would stick with Lightning until they can do away with external ports entirely.

If there’s any truth to it, I’d bet this year’s iPhones will ship with USB-C chargers, that use a USB-C to Lightning cable to connect to the phones. That makes sense.

Yeah that rumour reaks of bs. It will just be lightning to USB c which makes a ton of sense. USB c only makes zero sense.

Also s8 looking good. I'm just glad we finally have a good trend in phones with the bezelesness.

I know we're now past the subject and I risk a bunch of blowback from other posters who want to talk about the next $300 mediocre Chinese me too phone, but

If Apple had any plans to switch from Lightning to USB-C, why wouldn't they have switched last year with the iPhone 7, when they started making tens of millions of pairs of Lightning ear buds? Why did they put a Lightning port on the AirPods case? My expectation has been that iPhones will never switch to USB-C — that Apple would stick with Lightning until they can do away with external ports entirely.

If there's any truth to it, I'd bet this year's iPhones will ship with USB-C chargers, that use a USB-C to Lightning cable to connect to the phones. That makes sense.

so people can buy them all over again?

the only reason anyone gives the rumor any kind of respect is the source.

if i read it almost anywhere else i'd be laughing.

Top Bottom