• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
That's cause the aspect ratio makes the phone waaaayy to long. So it's gonna be weird to hold.
My OG Note was too wide to hold but it was a nice aspect ratio for looking at. Seems like this S8 will be the opposite. It'll feel bad to hold, I suspect. Not a fan. Great work on the bezels but they didn't need to make it so tall.

I really like the flat, square sides on my SE. I hate the rounded edges on my iPhone 7+. It feels awful to hold as it'll slip from your hands at any moment. Probably a lot to do with the overall size of the device, tbh. Phone feel is a big thing IMO. It's not really talked about in the spec wars but when you hold the device for hours a day, a nice feeling design goes a long way.

Jeffrey

My OG Note was too wide to hold but it was a nice aspect ratio for looking at. Seems like this S8 will be the opposite. It'll feel bad to hold, I suspect. Not a fan. Great work on the bezels but they didn't need to make it so tall.

I really like the flat, square sides on my SE. I hate the rounded edges on my iPhone 7+. It feels awful to hold as it'll slip from your hands at any moment. Probably a lot to do with the overall size of the device, tbh. Phone feel is a big thing IMO. It's not really talked about in the spec wars but when you hold the device for hours a day, a nice feeling design goes a long way.

Well the 7 plus is a 3 year old device design as well. It's barely smaller than the mate 9 which has way bigger screen.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Well the 7 plus is a 3 year old device design as well. It's barely smaller than the mate 9 which has way bigger screen.
The iPhone 6 design was garbage on release. It looked and felt terrible on day one. The Nexus phones always felt better. My SE feels and looks way better.

The S8 looks great but I agree with Vanilla. It's gonna feel like crap with that tall aspect ratio. It would be cool if they released a non gimped version that's like 3/5 of the height.

Don't know why people are so eager to throw money on a Samsung flagship considering how they're doing current Verizon S7 owners dirty on updates. Going to switch over to TMobile and get a Moto G5 Plus when that drops. It should be coming out this month yes?

why isn't Samsung this dirty to Sprint, T-Mobile and AT&T GS7 owners?

Jeffrey

Kinda surprising that inbox is still kinda stuttery on pixel vs silky smooth on my 2015 iPhone 6s plus.

Wait not really. Typical Google.

Bboy AJ

Booted up my 6P again today to try and get Google to RMA it. Seems like they will after I spend a day trying their nonsense tips. That's good to know since it's past warranty. They seemed to be familiar with the problem, too.

The 6P is huge when I come back to using it again. Jeez.

Jeffrey

Booted up my 6P again today to try and get Google to RMA it. Seems like they will after I spend a day trying their nonsense tips. That's good to know since it's past warranty. They seemed to be familiar with the problem, too.

The 6P is huge when I come back to using it again. Jeez.

Don't you have a 7 plus? Aren't they similar in size?

Bboy AJ

Don't you have a 7 plus? Aren't they similar in size?
Yeah and I don't use it. It's sat for months while I use an SE. The 6P feels much nicer in my hand than the 7+ although the 7+ feels better built. Just slippery.

Love the 6P. It's a really great phone. If you have one with the battery issue and you bought it from Google, call them for an RMA.

Yeah and I don't use it. It's sat for months while I use an SE. The 6P feels much nicer in my hand than the 7+ although the 7+ feels better built. Just slippery.

Love the 6P. It's a really great phone. If you have one with the battery issue and you bought it from Google, call them for an RMA.

Are you rich? You seem to have alot of phones.

Bboy AJ

Mr.Shrugglesツ;231304636 said:
Are you rich? You seem to have alot of phones.
Dr. Funk has a lot of phones. I am just impulsive.

Bboy AJ

Mr.Shrugglesツ;231305254 said:
If anyone wants to buy a ZUK2 that was used for like three days total, PM me. It is like new in box except my family member dropped the phone once. It has a hairline crack in the screen :/ I'll take $150 shipped for this Snapdragon 820 phone. I think that's fair?

I'll also sell the LNIB iPhone 7+ in matte black and 32 GB. $675 shipped I think is fair?

Frost white 64GB Nexus 6P possibly for sale. Maybe. I kind of need it for Fi when I travel. What do these go for?

If anyone wants to buy a ZUK2 that was used for like three days total, PM me. It is like new in box except my family member dropped the phone once. It has a hairline crack in the screen :/ I'll take $150 shipped for this Snapdragon 820 phone. I think that's fair?

I'll also sell the LNIB iPhone 7+ in matte black and 32 GB. $675 shipped I think is fair?

Frost white 64GB Nexus 6P possibly for sale. Maybe. I kind of need it for Fi when I travel. What do these go for?

What's your store front url?

Mr.Shrugglesツ;231308424 said:
I found this awesome site. You can type stuff you want to know about and it crawls(it indexes[look through] ) websites for information. Go to http://www.google.com and in the search box type "google split keyboard tablet android". One of the first results was:

http://www.droid-life.com/2015/06/01/android-m-feature-google-added-a-split-keyboard-for-tablets/
Thanks for sarcastically posting a 2 year old link that isn't of any help in the year 2017. Very helpful of you.

Seems like Google got rid of the feature. What the fuck is that all about?

Also, this would've been much funnier than your post. http://lmgtfy.com/?s=b&q=Google+split+keyboard+Android+tablet

Why put the feature in and then get rid of it? How does that benefit anyone¿

Maybe I should just give this tablet to my mom. As much as I prefer Android and dislike ios, it's becoming very clear which is the superior product.

Hasney

Why put the feature in and then get rid of it? How does that benefit anyone¿

Maybe I should just give this tablet to my mom. As much as I prefer Android and dislike ios, it's becoming very clear which is the superior product.

Not really, because Android keyboard support is just better. Download Chrooma keyboard and use that. It's better all round and has a split layout.

Quasar

Kinda surprising that inbox is still kinda stuttery on pixel vs silky smooth on my 2015 iPhone 6s plus.

Wait not really. Typical Google.

Wonder why it's smooth on my 5x then. Hell how is a email client even stuttering aside from network issues?

Not really, because Android keyboard support is just better. Download Chrooma keyboard and use that. It's better all round and has a split layout.
Or maybe Google could actually give enough of a shit about making their tablets have some basic features like Split keyboard and gestures since you know, they make tablets after all.

Pretty damn annoying. I say this as a very happy owner of multiple Nexus devices. But not having such features strikes me as subpar.

Should we be expecting the LG G6 to cost more or less than the G5 £529 launch price in the UK?

On the one hand, LG are saying that this isn't a flagship and will be priced as such, but on the other hand.... Ruddy Brexit.

Jeffrey

Why not just side load this split keyboard Google keyboard from 2 years ago? Power of Android.

Wonder why it's smooth on my 5x then. Hell how is a email client even stutters aside from network issues?

Don't know. It's inconsistent but it's mostly when I expand an email open it has animation stutter. On pixel and mate 9. Wonder if it's to do with my mail box size?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Sort of want that Galaxy Tab S3.

My homie Gwantau says the screen is pure sex in person. He also said the memo he got from Samsung was expect premium pricing.

Fuck

Top Bottom