• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

I'm also looking for good battery life.

I always choose nexus even if it isn't my fave nexus phone

fuck everything else

My only gripe against the Nexus 5X is its insanely low storage (32gb is low for me)... The others have expandable memory, which is a plus (The ZUK has 64gb which is nice)

Quasar

I'm also looking for good battery life.

My only gripe against the Nexus 5X is its insanely low storage (32gb is low for me)... The others have expandable memory, which is a plus (The ZUK has 64gb which is nice)

Coming from a 16GB N4 32 has been great. My complaint, now that I'm using blutooth and location tracking a lot is battery life. Prior to that it was fine, now its problematic sometimes.

What downsides? And I have FLAC songs, they are quite heavy.
depends what you value. Seems like google will be putting even more emphasis on nexus devices going forward, widening the gap between OEM phones that lineup. At least going by stuff Sundar has said. I like to get all that immediately. You really won't get any updates or very late ones if you're lucky. Camera on the 5X is SOLID as well.

the lenovo zuk is also very big. I'm not a fan of massive phones personally. It's also kinda uggo. I mean if you don't care about this stuff and just want the huge battery and software is goodenough.jpg then go for it. But that's my opinion.

Shiggy

I just updated Chrome. Why the hell are the tabs now no longer individual windows and instead you need to switch between tabs in Chrome again? Why remove that option? Pretty annoyed.

What's going on with the tablet market? My requirement list:

~10", 1080p minimum
32gb + SD card
Not missing basic things like light sensors
Not a shitty no-name brand that I could never get support from
Not super high end expensive

The closest I can find is a Lenovo tablet, but I think that's the one I saw that is missing a light sensor. It's either that, Samsung (but I hate their cartoony looking AI when stock Android is so clean in comparison) or go to the other side and get an iPad. I tried to look up the Sony tablet but that seems to have been discontinued.

My Nexus 7 still works fine for the most part (screen rotation sensors give up and it needs a restart to fix) but I want something bigger for all this browsing, and I want a better comic reader screen.

Nvidia Shield Tablet K1 is all of that except for the screen size which is 8". Ignore their silly gamer-centered marketing.

Finding 10"+ tablets is going to be difficult - even Apple people seem to prefer iPad Mini over the bigger ones.

49GB 😵😵. I just looked at my phone's wifi data usage. From May 14- June 11, I used 38.38GB of data.

I have zero data since i refuse to pay more than 25 bucks a month on cell phones. I just use wifi strictly. Never missed data. Wifi is at mall resturant job home. Nevigation is always offline and works perfact. Email is always on pc that way mobile does not turn in to work.

Soodanim

Nvidia Shield Tablet K1 is all of that except for the screen size which is 8". Ignore their silly gamer-centered marketing.

Finding 10"+ tablets is going to be difficult - even Apple people seem to prefer iPad Mini over the bigger ones.
This is what I feared. 8 doesn't seem to be worth upgrading for.

wait till the fall
Hmm... What's on the way? Or is it just release season?

Fatalah

I have zero data since i refuse to pay more than 25 bucks a month on cell phones. I just use wifi strictly. Never missed data. Wifi is at mall resturant job home. Nevigation is always offline and works perfact. Email is always on pc that way mobile does not turn in to work.

I hate to admit it, but I rely on my smartphone so much, a monthly carrier bill of $60 is totally fair.

Jintor

what's the least shit twitter app? Twidere is weird about reply chains and plume's ads are a bit irritating space-wise.

official app any good yet?

this_guy

The typing fuckery on GAF mobile is driving me insane. Is it like this on all browsers/keyboards?

What keyboard and browser do you use? I don't have any issues. I use the Google keyboard with Opera Mini. I've used other browsers that get recommended like RSBrowser and Habit browser but always go back to Opera Mini.

Keyouta

I'm on Telus, with a Galaxy Note 4 and the recent software update to 6.0.1 fucked up my phone. It wouldn't install correctly and it finally went through the third time. Now my phone's been crashing, restarting and freezing. I've done a hard factory reset through the recovery menu, and flashed the firmware on it through Kies and Odin multiple times. Cleared the cache. It's still having issues.

Do you guys have any recommendations on what to do other than take it in to my carrier? I've been planning to keep this phone for 2 more years, I don't really want to buy a new one, but I don't want to be phoneless if I had to send it in to Samsung for a couple weeks too.

Noema

I'm on Telus, with a Galaxy Note 4 and the recent software update to 6.0.1 fucked up my phone. It wouldn't install correctly and it finally went through the third time. Now my phone's been crashing, restarting and freezing. I've done a hard factory reset through the recovery menu, and flashed the firmware on it through Kies and Odin multiple times. Cleared the cache. It's still having issues.

Do you guys have any recommendations on what to do other than take it in to my carrier? I've been planning to keep this phone for 2 more years, I don't really want to buy a new one, but I don't want to be phoneless if I had to send it in to Samsung for a couple weeks too.

Have you wiped Dalvik/Art via recovery?

Agent

what's the least shit twitter app? Twidere is weird about reply chains and plume's ads are a bit irritating space-wise.

The official app is actually somewhat decent with the update this week. It's not quite there when compared to some other 3rd party clients, but it's not far behind.

I was using it until the big update to Flamingo yesterday. Now that Flamingo remembers your spot on the timeline and doesn't automatically jump to the top on refresh, it is way better for how I use Twitter. Plus, it just looks good with the themes and customization. The developer pushed 2 updates yesterday and is super quick about adding features, so it is going to only get better.

Keyouta

Have you wiped Dalvik/Art via recovery?
How can I do that without rooting?

My camera lens was also shattered when I took it out of my pocket just now, was fine minutes ago. This sucks.

At least it seems like the lens will be easy to replace. Once it ships.

Nexus 5X keeps getting cheaper and more tempting, now I'm finding it €265 for 16GB and €300 for 32GB. Only thing keeping me from upgrading Nexus 5 is that it doesn't seem like much of an upgrade and some people say that 5X actually performs worse because of forced encryption.

There's also the possibility that something awesome will show up at fall, but it may be really expensive like Nexus 6P.

I wish I could see the fall phones now. 5X keeps tempting me and my family needs an upgrade too (can give my Nexus 5 away)

Anyone have issues with Lollipop(Touchwiz could be issue) not reporting battery using apps? Just picked up a Tab S new for dirt cheap and after a charge it doesn't show the browser for instance. Even though I've spent an hour actively browsing. Sometimes the only thing using battery is the screen or the screen and Android System, according to Battery in settings.

I posted something similar the other day with no hits and I refuse to believe I'm the only one that obsesses over battery life.

thenexus6

I hope the 2016 Moto E is around £129 for 5" 720p, 16GB/ 2GB i'd be very tempted to replace my recently required P8 Lite.

I also recently got a first gen Moto E solely for podcasts and the build and feel is very nice.

I like the look of the Moto Z, but wow is that camera hump worse than I thought.

2016_MG_4534-edJT.jpg

I hope the 2016 Moto E is around £129 for 5" 720p, 16GB/ 2GB i'd be very tempted to replace my recently required P8 Lite.

I also recently got a first gen Moto E solely for podcasts and the build and feel is very nice.

You're thinking of the Moto g play

https://www.motorola.com/us/products/moto-g-play

Quasar

Its shit on all platforms.

On android I really like fenix, but I thing twitters evil policy has it now off the store due to lack of tokens.

Ty4on

Yeah, but what happens to the camera bump with a module snapped on the back? Abra cadabra !

I assume everybody who're complaining about small batteries and camera humps are going to buy the Moto Z with a battery pack :p

2600mAh is really impressive in that thin body. The LG G5's is just 200mAh bigger.

andthebeatgoeson

I just updated Chrome. Why the hell are the tabs now no longer individual windows and instead you need to switch between tabs in Chrome again? Why remove that option? Pretty annoyed.
Terrible. Why not even the option? I'm switching apps so much, it made sense. Fucking stupid.

diaspora

What keyboard and browser do you use? I don't have any issues. I use the Google keyboard with Opera Mini. I've used other browsers that get recommended like RSBrowser and Habit browser but always go back to Opera Mini.

Google keyboard with chrome or (typically) samsung browser.

Saiyan-Rox

I like the look of the Moto Z, but wow is that camera hump worse than I thought.

2016_MG_4534-edJT.jpg

You're thinking of the Moto g play

https://www.motorola.com/us/products/moto-g-play

it's like they had left over Moto 360 shells lol

Well Lmk if you figure it out.

I got mine updated like push notifications. Think it's because I turned on "Enable Data Sync" in Advanced options. or could just have been in the notifications setting and turning it on i'm not sure.

Top Bottom