• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

Any shred of interest I would have for a Moto phone will be long gone before the unlocked version becomes available. Fall is realistically October? Every major device and possibly the Nexus devices will have already been out by then. Why would I consider it at all?

5.5 inch quad hd screen....2600mah battery....lol. Some OEMs just don't get it. If you're going to have a huge fucking phone then take advantage. I guess thinness was the aim of the game for them.

oh i get it now

Motorola's Incipio offGRID Power Pack seems like the most appealing Mod. It adds a 2200mAh battery and 6.2mm of thickness. There's a standard and wireless charging version of this battery that weigh 79g and 85g, respectively. The wireless version works with both Qi and PMA pads.Z
it's all about consumer choice!

Ah fuck, my LG G4 bootlooped. I think I'm out of the warranty period too. How the fuck did LG make a flagship phone that literally dies randomly. It's like the Xbox 360 RROD but my whole life is on my phone...

Any way to get my stuff off the phone (and erase my personal info) before I either recycle or pay to replace my phone?
Same thing just happened to my gf. Was trying to take back in T-Mobile but she cracked her camera as well and won't take it. Sux since we just want the phone fixed 😞

Quasar

Looking forward to seeing what usb-c headphones the majors start shipping now that its started.

Makes me wonder what happens with beats, assuming Apple goes all in on lightning headphones. I guess they might just include lightning-usbc adapters.

Looking forward to seeing what usb-c headphones the majors start shipping now that its started.

Makes me wonder what happens with beats, assuming Apple goes all in on lightning headphones. I guess they might just include lightning-usbc adapters.
they're probably going to continue with wireless beats but they'll also make some with lightning on the end of it.

I'm sure there will be adapters for everything made by apple and other companies.

Talon

Wireless, natch. Decent Bluetooth buds have been around for the last two years.

Even Bose has Bluetooth QCs now.

I have to say, now that I use wireless buds for the gym, I can't imagine going back. No more tangles or accidentally hitting a cord.

Take with a grain of salt given the lack of a solid source, but Macrumors is running a story that iMessage for Android is rumored to be unveiled at WWDC.

Take with a grain of salt given the lack of a solid source, but Macrumors is running a story that iMessage for Android is rumored to be unveiled at WWDC.
it's not macrumors....it's macdailynews reporting that who barely has a track record. Sounds like pipe dreaming. I don't see how it benefits apple at all tbh. imessage is a big thing for them to get people to stay with iphone.

Toki767

iMessage on Android would make sense if Apple made money on iMessage somehow, which they don't really.

I'd like to see it happen, but I'd doubt it.

Quasar

iMessage on Android would make sense if Apple made money on iMessage somehow, which they don't really.

I'd like to see it happen, but I'd doubt it.

And given Apples troubles with lawsuits and patents on imessage I'm surprised they havent started again google style.

But yeah, with Apple Music crossplatform Apples messaging was sonething I wanted to see. That and a videoplayer for itunes content.

Quasar

Wireless, natch. Decent Bluetooth buds have been around for the last two years.

Even Bose has Bluetooth QCs now.

I have to say, now that I use wireless buds for the gym, I can't imagine going back. No more tangles or accidentally hitting a cord.

Decent blutooth. Now theres an oxymoron.

I'm more hoping for headphones with much better dacs than we get in phones finally. Though thats not something I care about with buds.

And I guess this means we'll start seeing avrs with usbc/lightning for headphones.

Toki767

I can't help but laugh at the Moto Z/Z Force.

Software buttons but an extended bottom bezel just to put a fingerprint scanner.

#SamsungWasRight

Either way.

Software buttons with a fingerprint scanner on the back is fine.

Capacitive/hardware buttons with a fingerprint scanner on the front is fine.

Software buttons with a fingerprint scanner on the front? Seems stupid.

Agreed but still better on back. Otherwise you are accidentally fire long press trickery on the home button.

I was going to reply it was a chip-set issue as well, but then I remembered all of the quality control issues that plagued that thing.
it still isn't comparable to me. HTC hasn't really had these issues with phones. Their phones have been top notch hardware wise, including the htc 10. Google using that prowess to make their own phones has potential.

Guys I think I'm going crazy, the Moto Z is looking better to me by the second. I'm tempted but I know updates will basically be non-existant for the thing.
updates...battery life....

it is kinda purdy though I'll give it that. I still say wait for nexus. It will assuredly be pretty as well.

updates...battery life....

it is kinda purdy though I'll give it that. I still say wait for nexus. It will assuredly be pretty as well.

Yeah, I guess I'm tempted by the new tech, the mods look cool and if atleast a few actually get made it could be cool, headphone jack bummed me out at first but then I realized I'd just be delaying the inevitable by getting a phone that still has one. Battery case looks nice but yeah, I'll wait it out to see how the Nexus looks.

Noema

it's not macrumors....it's macdailynews reporting that who barely has a track record. Sounds like pipe dreaming. I don't see how it benefits apple at all tbh. imessage is a big thing for them to get people to stay with iphone.

If they do, it would probably be because they're scared Whatsapp will eat their lunch in the US (their last stronghold since basically no one outside the US uses iMessage) so they figure they have to go multiplatform or face irrelevancy.

And still can't get it in Omaha. This would be so good for my sister, but I guess they're still using T-Mobile as their "main" carrier, so you can't get an Omaha area code. So silly.

No way man. I lied on the zip code on the first page. Tmobile is basically non existent where I live.

It took my billing, shipping and 911 address so everything is all good.

Funny part is I tried to port my number to tmobile a few years ago and they wouldnt take the area code. It went to Fi no problem and I get tmobile reception.

Husker86

No way man. I lied on the zip code on the first page. Tmobile is basically non existent where I live.

It took my billing, shipping and 911 address so everything is all good.

Funny part is I tried to port my number to tmobile a few years ago and they wouldnt take the area code. It went to Fi no problem and I get tmobile reception.

No luck. Couldn't choose to keep my Google Voice number or port my carrier number.

Come on Googs!

sounds ridiculous.

why would they do that when they can continue to make consumers believe that they are missing conversations after switching because iOS just works.

that's just another part of the lock-in.

Top Bottom