• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

The unlocked HTC 10 in the US is getting an update with camera improvements and already getting the June security fixes.

Damn this phone is boring. :/

WWDC and i/o were boring this year
if the nexus phones suck this is the skip year of all skip years since the iphone is likely getting the big upgrade next year and not this year.

And yes I don't count any OEM releases because they don't exist in my head. We shall see. I have heard from my work that google is putting in work with these nexus phones so we'll see.

if the nexus phones suck this is the skip year of all skip years since the iphone is likely getting the big upgrade next year and not this year.

And yes I don't count any OEM releases because they don't exist in my head. We shall see. I have heard from my work that google is putting in work with these nexus phones so we'll see.

HTC? Or Huawei? Both?

HTC? Or Huawei? Both?
I've only heard the first but all they've told us really is that they have nexus phones coming in early october and they really want to spoil apples release.

But it could be PR bullshit. Though I'm not sure why they'd PR us considering we aren't the customers lol. Hopefully I find out actual details soon.

Unless something ends up horribly wrong with it I feel like I'm going to buy an Axon 7 and if I like it a lot I'll skip the Nexus this year. I really cannot wait to get rid of this MotoX 2014 because the battery is horrible. Aside from the size which I will either get used to or give up on I feel like the Axon 7 is going to be a better phone than whatever HTC comes out with.

I don't know if I want to wait the extra 2 months or so just to find out something disappointing about the HTC Nexus like it ends up being compromised similarly to the 5X, or it ends up being super expensive which could be a possibility given how pricey the 5X was and that has quite a few compromises in it.

Unless something ends up horribly wrong with it I feel like I'm going to buy an Axon 7 and if I like it a lot I'll skip the Nexus this year. I really cannot wait to get rid of this MotoX 2014 because the battery is horrible. Aside from the size which I will either get used to or give up on I feel like the Axon 7 is going to be a better phone than whatever HTC comes out with.

I don't know if I want to wait the extra 2 months or so just to find out something disappointing about the HTC Nexus like it ends up being compromised similarly to the 5X, or it ends up being super expensive which could be a possibility given how pricey the 5X was and that has quite a few compromises in it.

axon 7 looks amazing so i do not think you will go any wrong. Camera and battery are two things you will find different in all phones. Performance wise all phones are pretty much equal due to 820. I am looking forward to reviews.

Furyous

MQWTHuY.jpg

^^ I hope these OP3 specs are the cheaper version. I mean WTF at 720p 120 FPS video recording.

So I have a potentially stupid question... currently my contract status with Verizon is month to month, and I don't see myself changing carriers.

Need new phones and it appears Best Buy still has good deals when compared to the VZW shop, for instance. A lot of them require signing a two year agreement like the old days...

Is there some underlying reason, or reasons, to avoid this? Currently pay half of what we used since last year when VZ switched their model, and I'd like to keep it that way. If going for one of these deals and taking the two year contract, does anything change?

I assume I will be locked into the old two year upgrade model and early termination fees but if there's no other changes I see no reason to not take advantage of best buys prices...

Dobsie

Thank fuck for tempered glass screen protectors, my 6p fell off my work bench earlier into a pile of tools and shattered the screen protector. I was certain my screen was fucked too until I peeled back the protector.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Impossible for them too totally suck as an upgrade to the 820 will fix a lot of reservation about recommending the 6P cause of the 810.

I'm sorta at a loss on wtf they could do to upgrade the 5X though.

Furyous

The Verge gave the OP3 an 8.6.

At $400 I may jump in. The lack of microsd support is frustrating but the lack of bloat helps alleviate my pain.

It's missing these things from my Kameelah ass list of smartphone requirements:
IR blaster
Manual video mode like the V10
Microsd support

... but $400 and cheaper than the HTC 10.

Looks like OnePlus have sorted out some of the issues with the OP2 (NFC and charging speed to name the two obvious ones). Still have reservations over the speed of their software updates, and customer service being close to non-existent.

But.... Thats a lot of phone for the money.

Noema

Biggest issue with the OP2 was the SD810 and more specifically their choice to basically shut down the A57 cluster on their CPU governor as their "solution" to the overheating and throttling issue. Horrible performance ensued. The lack of NFC, no fast charging and mediocre camera where just the icing on the shitcake.

This phone looks solid. The only apparent compromises are the lack of QHD (not a big deal, 400ppi is still a ton of pixels) and the smallish battery (slightly more concerning since each year they put in a smaller battery in those phones).

Regardless of whether this phone ends up falling apart after 6 months of use, or gets no updates, or no customer support, it's undeniable they spent their points where it counts: performance, RAM, camera.

Top Bottom