• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

jokkir

3b3pCHv.jpg

Let's go Nutella

Jigolo

It's amazing. It's very similar to a Spanish turrón if you've ever had that.

Ritter Sport with Nougat is the GOAT.
hmm I want to try this candy now
is the S7 the only flagship worth getting at this moment? Gonna go grab a new phone at lunch today.

The S7 is the best phone on the market, yes.

I don't care about the desert names usually but Android O better fucking be Android Oreo.

Noema

I think the only reason they went with Kit Kat (a brand name as opposed to a generic dessert / candy) for 4.4 is that there literally wasn't any other possible candy that started with K.

They'll probably stick with generic names unless they absolutely have no choice.

So O will be oatmeal or something.

I have the M8 right now, if the 10 had the same amazing speakers I would be leaning towards that. I wanted the Edge anyways and I had no idea about the battery.

Good to know, thanks everyone.

The speakers arent amazing, but the headphone DAC is very good. You won't really notice anyway unless you have 320 kbps mp3s or FLAC files anyway.

Noema

Also keep in mind that the speakers on the S7 are not very loud and kind of muffled as a result of the water proofing.

Bread

Banned
The speakers arent amazing, but the headphone DAC is very good. You won't really notice anyway unless you have 320 kbps mp3s or FLAC files anyway.
Also keep in mind that the speakers on the S7 are not very loud and kind of muffled as a result of the water proofing.
Hmm that's disappointing, I use my current phone as a mobile speaker in my apartment. Well it's not a huge deal really, I can keep doing that.
I vote wait for a nexus if not get the htc 10
When is the nexus expected to release? And is that available on verizon?

Noema

We don't know. It's usually by the end of October. We don't really know anything about the Nexus other than the fact that HTC is probably making the small one.

Get the S7 Edge.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Hmm that's disappointing, I use my current phone as a mobile speaker in my apartment. Well it's not a huge deal really, I can keep doing that.

Nexii usually drop late oct/early nov. And they're usually usable on verizon after verizon 'approves' the device (about a month and a half after release)

Bread

Banned
Nexii usually drop late oct/early nov. And they're usually usable on verizon after verizon 'approves' the device (about a month and a half after release)
We don't know. It's usually by the end of October. We don't really know anything about the Nexus other than the fact that HTC is probably making the small one.

Get the S7 Edge.
Yeah I don't think I can wait that long, my phone is turning off at 30% battery, overheating regularly, and the camera vibrates when it tries to focus.

Thanks for the info everyone I appreciate that.

You're better off getting a Chromecast audio or bluetooth speaker for that anyway. No matter how good the phone speakers are it is no substitute for legit home or portable speakers.

Yeah I don't think I can wait that long, my phone is turning off at 30% battery, overheating regularly, and the camera vibrates when it tries to focus.

Thanks for the info everyone I appreciate that.

Nexus devices last year worked on Verizon day one. Verizon got in hot water for pulling that years ago.

Also the Nexus devices have the potential to come out MUCH earlier this year. Android is over 2 months ahead of schedule this year. Android is supposed to be ready around August and usually the new phones come within weeks of that.

Have you factor reset your device yet?

Bread

Banned
You're better off getting a Chromecast audio or bluetooth speaker for that anyway. No matter how good the phone speakers are it is no substitute for legit home or portable speakers.
Yeah I will at some point, but I haven't had the need to with these great speakers in my phone.
Nexus devices last year worked on Verizon day one. Verizon got in hot water for pulling that years ago.

Also the Nexus devices have the potential to come out MUCH earlier this year. Android is over 2 months ahead of schedule this year. Android is supposed to be ready around August and usually the new phones come within weeks of that.

Have you factor reset your device yet?
Yeah, it's just past its life expectancy. My upgrade just came up at the beginning of the month.

Yeah I will at some point, but I haven't had the need to with these great speakers in my phone.

Yeah, it's just past its life expectancy. My upgrade just came up at the beginning of the month.

If you cant wait you could go cheap with like a moto g4/nexus 5x and sell later this year.

Otherwise it comes down to usb c, cleaner software and better updates vs water proofing, wireless charging and better camera when you compare the HTC to the Samsung.
Both are decent but i prefer cleaner software and updates. Good luck

LeleSocho

Banned
lol that name is terrible, why even make the name contest thing? I refuse to believe that's what got the most votes.
Nougat isn't even the original name of the sweet since it's torrone/turrón, they goofed up.

So it seems like Google will be taking the Apple approach with the new Nexii by not gimping the smaller phone, if AP is to be believed. Disappointed at the slightly smaller display and lack of front facing speakers on the big one.

LeleSocho

Banned
So it seems like Google will be taking the Apple approach with the new Nexii by not gimping the smaller phone, if AP is to be believed. Disappointed at the slightly smaller display and lack of front facing speakers on the big one.

Please tell me you are not talking about the 5,5 inches screen one when you are talking about "the smaller phone".

Hmmm. They list a headphone jack in the specs for the smaller one, but not the larger. I hope that's just a mistake on AP's part.

Fucking same.

Also, as a 6P owner, I'm in the wait and see camp. I would need all these factors to even consider it:

• Better camera; it's HTC, so I'm worried.
  • Headphone Jack.
  • Priced comparably, i.e. not more, than the 6P.
  • Significantly better battery life -- like A LOT better.

Top Bottom