• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Angina's tough!!" Rock Band 2 Track And Spec Info (& Dreams) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm....something that was pointed out to me that I thought was hella cool was that we actually have videos of some of the "music video" challenges.

-Testify: http://xbox360.gamespy.com/dor/obje...ent-bundle/videos/Spy_rb2_081808_testify.html

-Hungry like the Wolf: http://xbox360.gamespy.com/dor/obje.../videos/Spy_rb2_081808_hungrylikethewolf.html

-Spoonman: http://xbox360.gamespy.com/dor/obje...nt-bundle/videos/Spy_rb2_081808_spoonman.html

re-watching those videos thats pretty badass. especially the testify video.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
So I was wondering about my Drum Rocker shipment (seeing as I'm Canadian, and the border sucks for expensive things) and I emailed the ION people about it:

Hi there, I preordered the ION drum rocker set with the extra pedal and
expansion cymbol, and I'm from Canada.

I'm curious if you guys will be packing the proper customs forms with the
shipment so that I won't be murdered with brokerage fees from customs when
I go to pick up the shipment once it clears?

Have you guys taken this into consideration, or will they be shipping from
within Canada to avoid this glaring issue..? On a shipment with the value
that high, Canadian orders could be facing fees upwards of $100 if not
shipped with the proper documentation...

Also, do you have an expected ship date (For canadian orders) beyond that
of just "within a couple days of rockband 2 release" ?

I got this oh so helpful reply:

The product is scheduled to be released in mid September. In regards to
Canadian orders, we are in the process of determining the best possible way
to ship. Please check back with us in a couple of weeks.
Regards,

inMusic
Sales & Order Support

So for anyone else wondering about customs charges, still no answer.

it's hilarious to me that lump isn't in the easiest difficulty setting. it's played on a guitar with only three strings!

also, i have no problem admitting this, but i'm glad that i don't know any of the songs in impossible guitar section by name, and that none of the songs i'm excited about are in that group.

plagiarize said:
it's hilarious to me that lump isn't in the easiest difficulty setting. it's played on a guitar with only three strings!

also, i have no problem admitting this, but i'm glad that i don't know any of the songs in impossible guitar section by name, and that none of the songs i'm excited about are in that group.

Please avoid youtubing them and then record your reaction as you first play Master Exploder.

BigBlackGamer said:
hmmm....something that was pointed out to me that I thought was hella cool was that we actually have videos of some of the "music video" challenges.

-Testify: http://xbox360.gamespy.com/dor/obje...ent-bundle/videos/Spy_rb2_081808_testify.html

-Hungry like the Wolf: http://xbox360.gamespy.com/dor/obje.../videos/Spy_rb2_081808_hungrylikethewolf.html

-Spoonman: http://xbox360.gamespy.com/dor/obje...nt-bundle/videos/Spy_rb2_081808_spoonman.html

re-watching those videos thats pretty badass. especially the testify video.

Can you explain what a "music video" challenge is? Is it just a crazy filter in the background?

awhile back HMX had said there will be challenges in which you would have to make a music video in the tour mode or whatever. Basically like a 1 song setlist but not in a venue but shot music video style.

Motion Picture Soundtrack said:
Please avoid youtubing them and then record your reaction as you first play Master Exploder.
i know that's a Tenacious D song... but i don't believe i've heard it. i'll see what i can do.

Belgand

I find some of the genre tags to be... odd. For one Bosstones is listed as "Alternative" which they clearly are not. They are most definitely "Crappy Third-Wave Pseudo-Ska". Just like Alanis Morissette is not "Pop-Rock" (what in the hell? There is no such thing!) but simply "Shite".

I find it odd that we have a separate tag for "Grunge" as well since there really isn't enough (or enough in the game) to separate it out from other Alternative. I'd also say that Steely Dan runs closer to "Prog" than they do "Classic Rock" and speaking of which, why not "Prog Rock" or even "Progessive Rock" I hate it when people shorten things unnecessarily. Speaking of the "Prog" tag while Jethro Tull was definitely progressive I still think that "Classic Rock" describes them best, especially on "Aqualung". Also, isn't Blondie typically regarded as New Wave with occasional (and unfortunate) lapses into Disco? So why the "Pop-Rock" tag on them? It's not like it doesn't have plenty of other New Wave.

I can live without Cheap Trick being correctly identified as "Power Pop" as well because, well, just plain "Rock" is good enough and how many other bands would we be likely to get that would be classified as "Power Pop"?

If AC/DC is listed as "Metal" rather than "Hard Rock" though.... I mean, AC/DC is probably one of the best definitions for "Hard Rock".

Johnkers

Belgand said:
I find some of the genre tags to be... odd. For one Bosstones is listed as "Alternative" which they clearly are not. They are most definitely "Crappy Third-Wave Pseudo-Ska". Just like Alanis Morissette is not "Pop-Rock" (what in the hell? There is no such thing!) but simply "Shite".

I find it odd that we have a separate tag for "Grunge" as well since there really isn't enough (or enough in the game) to separate it out from other Alternative. I'd also say that Steely Dan runs closer to "Prog" than they do "Classic Rock" and speaking of which, why not "Prog Rock" or even "Progessive Rock" I hate it when people shorten things unnecessarily. Speaking of the "Prog" tag while Jethro Tull was definitely progressive I still think that "Classic Rock" describes them best, especially on "Aqualung". Also, isn't Blondie typically regarded as New Wave with occasional (and unfortunate) lapses into Disco? So why the "Pop-Rock" tag on them? It's not like it doesn't have plenty of other New Wave.

I can live without Cheap Trick being correctly identified as "Power Pop" as well because, well, just plain "Rock" is good enough and how many other bands would we be likely to get that would be classified as "Power Pop"?

If AC/DC is listed as "Metal" rather than "Hard Rock" though.... I mean, AC/DC is probably one of the best definitions for "Hard Rock".

Don't be so anal about genres, everybody will have a different interpretation of them.

DuckRacer

Belgand said:

An incessant degree of petty bitching, even by my usual standards
INDEED

(still love you)

Belgand said:

So Bosstones should be labeled as Ska despite being the only ska band in the game, but there shouldn't be a grunge tag because the only grunge bands in are Nirvana, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam and Alice In Chains, some of which have multiple songs and future DLC coming? What?

Belgand

TheGreatDave said:
Belgand cares about the little things, maaan.

And so, apparently, does my girlfriend. :D

Man, I'm doing this shit to myself on my birthday. I need more self-respect or something.

I mean, I did give it an appropriate title. At least I recognize my madness.

Belgand

So Bosstones should be labeled as Ska despite being the only ska band in the game, but there shouldn't be a grunge tag because the only grunge bands in are Nirvana, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam and Alice In Chains, some of which have multiple songs and future DLC coming? What?

Grunge I can accept, but it just seemed... needlessly specific. I realize that I'm splitting hairs everywhere else, but it seems to me that Alternative would work well enough. Ska however is not in any way related to Alternative and has absolutely no reason getting that tag. I don't care if there aren't any other ska songs in the game (and it sounds like more might be coming in DLC) it doesn't belong.

While I understand it's anal it's also relevant sometimes. Maybe I want to use a genre tag to make a quick-and-dirty playlist. I don't want odd and somewhat mislabeled choices popping up in the middle of it. It's also an issue for the future. When we have 500 songs in the game and more coming out past that and on into the future having things correctly labeled is going to become increasingly necessary to find what you want. Not to mention it's affect on challenges.

DuckRacer

Belgand said:

Man, I'm doing this shit to myself on my birthday. I need more self-respect or something.

Today's your birthday?

Have a totally decent day.

They're the only ska band in the game FOR NOW. Hopefully we'll get more!

birdman

Kuran said:
I have no interest in this game, but I have to know.. what does "Angina's tough!!" mean?

It's a quote from the movie High Fidelity.

*puts another check down on how many times that's been asked*

Belgand

birdman said:

Seriously. Not only should you just plain know it, but is it so hard to spend a second and look it up on Google? There's a Wikiquote page for it ranked just a spot ahead of this thread. C'mon people, try looking things up first before you ask.

Belgand said:

Pretend I'm singing happy birthday to you.

I've just realised something I want that I don't think is in RB2; the option to sort DLC by download date. Also; sort by song ranking. So I can just skip the ones I have gold on.

Belgand

TheGreatDave said:
Pretend I'm singing happy birthday to you.

I'm pretending that you're giving it the full Marilyn Monroe treatment. You should learn not to trust things to my imagination.

Edit:Since I'm now listening to some Rush this is taking on even more disturbing Geddy-erotic vibes as well. I need to put some sort of limiter on this thing. It does things I really don't want it to.

Bigfoot

birdman said:

I get that it is from High Fidelity. What I don't get is what is the meaning of the quote, and why it is the title for this thread??? What does it have to do with Rock Band or music in general?

The wikiquote page doesn't help any, and the only thing I know about an angina is that it is a chest pain related to the heart.

birdman

Porthos said:
I get that it is from High Fidelity. What I don't get is what is the meaning of the quote, and why it is the title for this thread??? What does it have to do with Rock Band or music in general?

The wikiquote page doesn't help any, and the only thing I know about an angina is that it is a chest pain related to the heart.

It's just a running theme that every music game thread Birdie makes he quotes a movie that has to do with music.

birdman said:
I thought that got shot down a few days after the rumor came out.

The rumors said the songs would be included with the DVD. That was shot down. The songs might not even exist now. If they do exist (hoping for Montage, Man, and What Would Brian Boitano Do?) I would expect them to come out when the second half of the season starts in Sept/Oct.

seems like every site sucks at RB. every video I've seen so far is easy-medium with people still missing notes. Unless people just have RB horribly calibrated.

Yeah, even Gamespy for some reason put only mediocre players to play for the video, when they have Sluggo (unless he left at some point), who can play guitar really well on expert.

AMUSIX

I've yet to see a single site with someone who drums on anything over medium. That Eye of the Tiger was absurd to watch.

Oh, but I do feel better now knowing that Lars is a great guitarist. Thank you, Lars, for letting me know. Not sure why I needed to know...but I'm sure it was important.

I do very much love the way the player names are inserted into the introductions. Loved it in GRID, and it works beautifully here, as well. Also, was cool to see the stock models redone in RB2, gave a good comparison to how more detailed the characters are now.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
i wish wed get a demo with like 3 songs, i remember the gh franchise doing that with GH2, too bad it wont happen :p

M3wThr33

Banned
BigBlackGamer said:
seems like every site sucks at RB. every video I've seen so far is easy-medium with people still missing notes. Unless people just have RB horribly calibrated.
I've never seen a gameplay video with a competent player. The Midnight Club LA feed was good, up until the last 20% then the guy completely fucks up.

M3wThr33 said:
I've never seen a gameplay video with a competent player. The Midnight Club LA feed was good, up until the last 20% then the guy completely fucks up.

it was funny in the GS video the dude was like "damn I hate eye of the tiger this song is hard on drums" and then when you check the tier its the first song in Tier 1. :0

Johnkers

BigBlackGamer said:
it was funny in the GS video the dude was like "damn I hate eye of the tiger this song is hard on drums" and then when you check the tier its the first song in Tier 1. :0

In Bloom is hard and it's tier 1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom