• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Angina's tough!!" Rock Band 2 Track And Spec Info (& Dreams) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

birdman

sublime085 said:
Well, technically 360 owners can do the same, it's just a lot more complicated.

Sony encourages us to do it, Microsoft shuns you for it.

BenjaminBirdie said:
*Laughter drowned out by sound of playing Rock Band 2 on September 14.*

;D

*goes in a corner and cries*

Man I really hope there is enough room on my 20GB harddrive to both rip all of Rock Band 1's songs and install all of Rock Band 2 to the drive for faster loading (and have room left over for DLC)...

Oreoleo

I don't see why anyone feels the need to install RB2. You still need to put the disc in, and RB1 loads pretty fast anyway. Save that space for the Mass Effects, GTA4s and Ninja Gaiden 2s.

Struct09

Orellio said:
I don't see why anyone feels the need to install RB2. You still need to put the disc in, and RB1 loads pretty fast anyway. Save that space for the Mass Effects, GTA4s and Ninja Gaiden 2s.

I actually find the song loading times in Rock Band to be quite slow and annoying. Especially compared to the Guitar Hero games which load up songs pretty quickly.

Rock Band 2 will likely be my most played game, of course I'm going to install it.

Orellio said:

Incorrect. Compare RBs load times to GH3. Stick to the same arena and GH3 doesn't even have any. I hope installing RB gives similar results.

sneaky77

TheGreatDave said:
Incorrect. Compare RBs load times to GH3. Stick to the same arena and GH3 doesn't have any. I hope installing RB gives similar results.

yea that would be nice, sometimes the load times for songs get really long

Belgand

TheGreatDave said:
Ever since a girl in a tight blue top made me miss a note on a perfect run I've tried to ignore the backgrounds.

It's things like this that make me wish my girlfriend was more competitive.

Belgand

AstroLad said:
oh well. maybe i'm crazy but i seem to remember gh having your guitarist screw up when you do.

I don't know about screwing up, but I mean, yeah, if you stop playing I recall that he does as well.

M3wThr33

Banned
Anybody think all the music game threads need to be merged into one?
GH/RB hate is pretty calm now and it's the same group in both threads. It's like holding 4 different conversations.

birdman

M3wThr33 said:
GH/RB hate is pretty calm now and it's the same group in both threads. It's like holding 4 different conversations.

It's amazing none of the conversations are spilling into the other threads.

M3wThr33 said:

They're different games with different DLC and different people playing and challenging each other to scores and different previews with different developers and developer blogs and different websites and different community offerings.

They're different enough, I think.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
M3wThr33 said:

id make one but i dont think it'd go over well.

RB2 will get a new thread i think, could use it for rb1/2

Tiduz said:
id make one but i dont think it'd go over well.

RB2 will get a new thread i think, could use it for rb1/2

I've said, at least, if mods deemed it necessary, the RB threads could be combined, but combining them with GH threads seems pretty gonzo.

And what about Rock Revolution? It deserves a thriving thread.

Personally, I can see the pros of a big music game threads, but at the same time its very excluding and wouldn't be a good source of info for other Gaffers. For the 10-20 of us posting about anything loosely connected to music in the RB thread it would probably be pretty cool.

sneaky77

TheGreatDave said:
And what about Rock Revolution? It deserves a thriving thread.

Personally, I can see the pros of a big music game threads, but at the same time its very excluding and wouldn't be a good source of info for other Gaffers. For the 10-20 of us posting about anything loosely connected to music in the RB thread it would probably be pretty cool.

That got delayed till next yr

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
TheGreatDave said:
Don't threads fuck up somewhere around 30k posts? I'm sure that happened to Halo 3 and Dojo threads.

Make a RB2 thread, kill the old one.

Plus the old one's OP got screwed up from all the editing.

AMUSIX

Looking at the free-style drum vid, I'm liking the different sets a lot. Have they said if the different sets will be used for the fills in different songs?

please, please, please, PLEASE be this way. It still jars me when I go from a 2" snare to a 5" snare.

Hop

AMUSIX said:
Looking at the free-style drum vid, I'm liking the different sets a lot. Have they said if the different sets will be used for the fills in different songs?

please, please, please, PLEASE be this way. It still jars me when I go from a 2" snare to a 5" snare.

The very end of the Chop Suey video seems, to my ear, to have the song's actual drums sampled for the fill.

AMUSIX

Charron said:
The very end of the Chop Suey video seems, to my ear, to have the song's actual drums sampled for the fill.
Ahhh, not the song's actual drums (actually a good example of the snare not matching) but it does seem to be a different set than that used in the Today video. Which may just be good enough for me.

Thanks for pointing it out...though that there was only one fill shown.

Hop

AMUSIX said:
Ahhh, not the song's actual drums (actually a good example of the snare not matching) but it does seem to be a different set than that used in the Today video. Which may just be good enough for me.

Thanks for pointing it out...though that there was only one fill shown.

For a drummer, my ear for different kinds of drums pretty much sucks.

birdman

Magik said:
Good lord, I watched a few more videos... these scrubs playing are missing notes on EASY. Is it so hard to find anybody who can play decently?

I can't stand watching someone play on easy. There's just so many notes they're missing out on.

TAJ said:
Ah, they got Motorhead into the studio to rerecord for the game. The last two bands that did that rerecorded three songs each, so yeah... :D
Where's my third Devo song? :(

EDIT: Oh yeah, I just realised. Fucking european release dates.

DuckRacer

MalevolentPanda said:
Where's my third Devo song? :(
The Devo song in Rock Band 2 could be re-recorded...

My only complaint is that I wish they'd remove the '08 next to Ace of Spades. It looks stupid. Just change the album name or something instead of the title.

Hammer on chords?

2hoii2u.jpg

THAT'S BIG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom