• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Angina's tough!!" Rock Band 2 Track And Spec Info (& Dreams) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

XShagrath

TheGreatDave said:
Venues are so pointless.
It's one of the things that makes the game more than just a scrolling chart. Having awesome venues and animations is what brings in that extra level of awesome.

I flipped out the first time my guitarist was singing along with the vocalist during a chorus, or when my vocalist kicked the camera after the intro to a song. When I saw the first RB2 preview vids, I about shit when the guitarist was on top of that castle during the solo.

It's not just about the songs for me, it's about the whole experience. Band World Tour, making my own awesome characters, buying Bandmates and T-shirts. All of those things are awesome.

I think any person who's been playing Rock Band for a while now will not be able to adequately swing RB2 to its fullest extent on a 20 gig, unfortunately.

XShagrath said:
It's one of the things that makes the game more than just a scrolling chart. Having awesome venues and animations is what brings in that extra level of awesome.

I flipped out the first time my guitarist was singing along with the vocalist during a chorus, or when my vocalist kicked the camera after the intro to a song. When I saw the first RB2 preview vids, I about shit when the guitarist was on top of that castle during the solo.

It's not just about the songs for me, it's about the whole experience. Band World Tour, making my own awesome characters, buying Bandmates and T-shirts. All of those things are awesome.

My thoughts exactly. The total package just hooked me completely. I mean, you guys remember me at the start of the RB thread, when I saw the first footage and band photos and played it at Best Buy.

I'm a fanboy, I'll admit it.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
XShagrath said:

I agree, and these may have been addressed somewhere I haven't seen but I really hope that the transitions between different setpieces (e.g., crowd surfing to singing) are seamless this time, and also I hope the in-game band is more reflective of how people are actually playing. If the drummer is screwing up, I want him to be screwing up in the game too!

XShagrath

That's the difference between you and me. I never go for 100% on guitar because I'm rocking out too hard. I'm headbanging, putting my foot up on the table, etc.

XShagrath said:
That's the difference between you and me. I never go for 100% on guitar because I'm rocking out too hard. I'm headbanging, putting my foot up on the table, etc.

Yeah, I don't move an inch. Serious business.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
I pray that RB2 ps3 is region free as well. I know most games are but with my luck they decide to lock it (thus ill lose ALL my dlc)

EazyB

Banned
I suppose my launch 360 dying was a blessing in disguise because I was able to exchange it for an elite using my Best Buy warranty. Thanks MS.

M3wThr33

Banned
Tiduz said:
I pray that RB2 ps3 is region free as well. I know most games are but with my luck they decide to lock it (thus ill lose ALL my dlc)
The only games that have been 'locked' are due to programming issues with PAL.

So as long as you play in 720p or above, you'll be fine.

BigBlackGamer said:
I think it just makes the RB1 songs single songs in your HDD. which means you probably could delete some songs. who knows really.

Not on PS3. You can't do ANY song management.

DuckRacer

EazyB said:
I suppose my launch 360 dying was a blessing in disguise because I was able to exchange it for an elite using my Best Buy warranty. Thanks MS.
Wait, what happened with the data on your 20GB HDD? I can't imagine them letting you bring in a barebones 360 and exchanging it with a 120GB equipped elite...

It seems hard to believe the songs from RB1 would take 6GB. Maybe the music and all the graphics would take up that much but just the music? The game must have been ripped by someone so there should be info on how much the music actually takes up on the disc. Someone who knows how to get that info please find out for us.

Also, I hope they have a Bonnaroo Festival venue. I went to the first 3 years and would love to be at the main stage again, even if it is only virtually.

BenjaminBirdie said:
You can't? It's one lump download not 60 or whatever individual ones?

I remember reading it was all or nothing. Maybe we'll have freedom once its copied, but if not I just can't risk playing Seven again.

M3wThr33

Banned
Wired All Wrong said:
It seems hard to believe the songs from RB1 would take 6GB. Maybe the music and all the graphics would take up that much but just the music? The game must have been ripped by someone so there should be info on how much the music actually takes up on the disc. Someone who knows how to get that info please find out for us.

Also, I hope they have a Bonnaroo Festival venue. I went to the first 3 years and would love to be at the main stage again, even if it is only virtually.
DLC songs aren't as 'filled' out as disc songs. Disc songs have the audience signing along and long BREs, which all require more sounds.

M3wThr33 said:
DLC songs aren't as 'filled' out as disc songs. Disc songs have the audience signing along and long BREs, which all require more sounds.
Good point. How big where the Who songs again? I guess that would be a good indicator on how much space each song would take since those have the crowd singing in them.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
sneaky77 said:
Venues are kind of pointless since all DLC is on the same one!! I really hope they fixed it.
quickplay fixes this somewhat.. though I do know what you mean with BWT. Whoever missed that one deserves to be shot.

EazyB

Banned
Duck said:
Wait, what happened with the data on your 20GB HDD? I can't imagine them letting you bring in a barebones 360 and exchanging it with a 120GB equipped elite...
Yup, lost every single save (including my RB characters, scores, and bands) and had to redownload 2 years worth of DLC.

Needless to say I bought a Memory Card along with the elite.

sneaky77

borghe said:
quickplay fixes this somewhat.. though I do know what you mean with BWT. Whoever missed that one deserves to be shot.

yeah but if you want your scores to be saved you have to play in career... and then is always the same venue lol

Struct09

EazyB said:
Yup, lost every single save (including my RB characters, scores, and bands) and had to redownload 2 years worth of DLC.

Needless to say I bought a Memory Card along with the elite.

When my launch Xbox 360 Pro unit died, I used Best Buy's replacement plan to upgrade too.

However, I first bought an Elite and sent in for the data transfer kit. I did the transfer to the 120GB hard drive, and then went into Best Buy to use the replacement plan. I "returned" the Elite, used the PRP, and then re-bought the Elite with the credit from the broken Xbox 360 Pro (plus the $80 difference). I told them what I was doing and they were cool with it.

So luckily I was able to do the upgrade without losing anything.

AMUSIX

You guys are going to be pissed when it's announced that to transfer your RB1 disc songs over, you're essentially just using the new 'install game to HD' feature...which is why it's 6Gigs. Mentioned this accidentally a while back, but the install size pretty much says it.

sneaky77

AMUSIX said:
You guys are going to be pissed when it's announced that to transfer your RB1 disc songs over, you're essentially just using the new 'install game to HD' feature...which is why it's 6Gigs. Mentioned this accidentally a while back, but the install size pretty much says it.

Well.. if I can use the Rb1 songs on RB2, why would I be pissed? but yeah what you say makes sense. Because there is no way the songs alone would be that much space

M3wThr33

Banned
AMUSIX said:
Except the PS3 is completely different in that respect. Theory BUSTED!

Gemini Z

Neo Member
I'm going to just guess that the average song will be 48mb. Now I'm going to just times 48 to 52 (I know not all of rock band 1 songs will transfer) you get 2496. So the download should be 2 gig's or less.

Bogus

AstroLad said:
I agree, and these may have been addressed somewhere I haven't seen but I really hope that the transitions between different setpieces (e.g., crowd surfing to singing) are seamless this time, and also I hope the in-game band is more reflective of how people are actually playing. If the drummer is screwing up, I want him to be screwing up in the game too!

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. Each clip of RB2 footage I've seen seems to showcase the same wonky set-piece transitions that crop up in the first game. Just check out this example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfDFNxTLGDc. The guitarist kneels down twice, only to be shown standing after the camera angle changes both times. Although it's obviously not a game-breaking problem, after staring at the game for oh-so-many hours, the novelty of the canned animations wear off and the seams start to become more obvious.

The characters on-screen will never reflect what the players are doing, either. The unfortunate fact is that they will always follow the pre-ordained animation chart, regardless of whether the player is smacking all the drums at once with his forehead or the guitarist is forgetting to strum while holding the frets. Besides, the game already seems to struggle sometimes when four people activate star power at once; I'd rather not waste any processing cycles on showing my drummer drop his sticks when I do. :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Bogus said:
I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. Each clip of RB2 footage I've seen seems to showcase the same wonky set-piece transitions that crop up in the first game. Just check out this example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfDFNxTLGDc. The guitarist kneels down twice, only to be shown standing after the camera angle changes both times. Although it's obviously not a game-breaking problem, after staring at the game for oh-so-many hours, the novelty of the canned animations wear off and the seams start to become more obvious.

The characters on-screen will never reflect what the players are doing, either. The unfortunate fact is that they will always follow the pre-ordained animation chart, regardless of whether the player is smacking all the drums at once with his forehead or the guitarist is forgetting to strum while holding the frets. Besides, the game already seems to struggle sometimes when four people activate star power at once; I'd rather not waste any processing cycles on showing my drummer drop his sticks when I do. :lol

oh well. maybe i'm crazy but i seem to remember gh having your guitarist screw up when you do.

Bogus

AstroLad said:
oh well. maybe i'm crazy but i seem to remember gh having your guitarist screw up when you do.

I think it was dependent on how pissed the crowd was at you. As you got into the yellow and red, your character would look pissed at himself or disappointed. It wasn't really based on your individual mistakes.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Bogus said:
I think it was dependent on how pissed the crowd was at you. As you got into the yellow and red, your character would look pissed at himself or disappointed. It wasn't really based on your individual mistakes.

ah well bummer then. RB4 has a potential bullet point now.

birdman

*Laughs at 360 owners because he can just buy a cheap HDD for his PS3 and not have to worry about bullshit proprietary hardware.*

birdman said:
*Laughs at 360 owners because he can just buy a cheap HDD for his PS3 and not have to worry about bullshit proprietary hardware.*
Well, technically 360 owners can do the same, it's just a lot more complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom