• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: City Folk

Koren

Nos_G said:
Anyone's Tom Nook store selling a shovel? I want to start planting these pears from Koren.
I bought you one... and tried to send it by mail. Unfortunately, I managed to write the mail, but not to send it (how do you sent a mail towards another city ?)

You can either come again to pick it, or open your town and I'll bring it...

Koren said:
I bought you one... and tried to send it by mail. Unfortunately, I managed to write the mail, but not to send it (how do you sent a mail towards another city ?)

When you go to send mail it will ask whether you're sending it to another townsperson, sending it to another town, or your future self. However, you can only send mail to other towns you've actually visited, or I suppose people who visited your towns. So the filled hearts, I guess.

Koren

JoshuaJSlone said:
When you go to send mail it will ask whether you're sending it to another townsperson, sending it to another town, or your future self. However, you can only send mail to other towns you've actually visited, or I suppose people who visited your towns. So the filled hearts, I guess.
OK... It seems you can write mail to people that have visited your town, but NOT send them if you haven't visited theirs (I don't have the second option). Strange :lol

Sorry, Nos_G, we'll have to find another way ^_^ (as said before, my gates are open)

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Where are you guys planting your coconut tree? Ours keeps dieing when we plant it near the ocean like they said. :/

RaidenZR

jibblypop said:
i tried to go to julik kristua town but it says i cant connect :(

this seems to happen most of the time

Try now maybe?

vumpler said:
Where are you guys planting your coconut tree? Ours keeps dieing when we plant it near the ocean like they said. :/

Go near the beach and where the grass meets the sand is the optimal place. Dig holes and notice that if you dig in the sand, you get a lighter colored hole. DO NOT plant the coconut in the lighter color. This denotes where sand starts. Dig a hole one north of that and if it's darker colored, like digging in normal grass, then plant there.
I use this method and it works like a charm.

Koren

vumpler said:
Close to the ocean, but NOT on the sand. A good solution to improve the success rate is to chop down a tree close to the shore and plant the nut in the hole.

RaidenZR

I'm still looking for a Harvest Bed, if anyone has one. I'm also in dire need of selling my turnips if anyone's Nook has a good price right now.

Luigison

Nook is paying 181 in TMK now. I also have plenty of apples by the gate if you want any.

I'm looking for a Mush wall and stool. I'm also trying for a perfect town, but I supposedly need more greenery. Does that mean trees or flowers? Is it okay that I cut down everything except fruit trees and replanted more fruit? In other words, are the pine/saplings necessary?

Koren

Luigison said:
but I supposedly need more greenery. Does that mean trees or flowers?
Can be both, actually, depending on the character who said that. Beware : the problem is not always quantity, you need trees *everywhere* (it's a good way to divide field in 16x16 parcels, but it's pretty time-consuming). You can have too many trees somewhere and not enough elsewhere (you'll get a "too many" comment in this case). Trees should also no be too close from each others.

You can have as many flowers as you want, so plant as many as possible.

Luigison said:
Is it okay that I cut down everything except fruit trees and replanted more fruit? In other words, are the pine/saplings necessary?
I kept a couple of pines in previous versions, but afaik, all fruits tree is OK.

To people coming to my town today : many thanks and all my apologies if I wasn't a lot available... I hope you found what you wanted.

Ah, friends codes. One day we'll look back and laugh... :lol
Ahem.

Just added: Nos_G, Koren, Ckohler, TJ Spyke, Wolfofmebu

If I'm leaving out any active members let me know and I'll add you. I still have too many people on my friends list that have never played.
Gate's open. I left a golden shovel and two coconuts for anyone that needs them. Help yourself to my fruit trees, I have all of types. By the way, what's up with the flying presents? I have played every day since the day this came out and have yet to see a present. I thought they randomly appeared every ten minutes or so?
thebigkahuna | Sonny | Wildwood | 5370-3929-1751

RaidenZR

Luigison, thanks for letting me sell my Turnips. Sorry my visit was so abrupt to both you and bigkahuna. I had company stop by and we need to game some more social games.

Appreciate the aid, though. And Adam, thanks for the donation. It put me over the top for the fountain!!! :)

RaidenZR

UltimateIke said:
Does that mean you can supply everyone here with Silver Axes? :D

Or can you only get one from the fountain?

Well I haven't donated the money yet... and it took a whole week for just the bridge to be built so your answer will have to wait. I'm willing to give it a go if you BYOA into my town, though.

Nos_G

Koren said:

Koren said:
OK... It seems you can write mail to people that have visited your town, but NOT send them if you haven't visited theirs (I don't have the second option). Strange :lol

Sorry, Nos_G, we'll have to find another way ^_^ (as said before, my gates are open)

Thanks Koren, I'll visit another time and reminisce with your town residents ;)

Also, thanks for the adds, I just recently got the game so travelling and testing out WFC and wii speak is much appreciated.

ckohler

RaidenZR said:
Well I haven't donated the money yet... and it took a whole week for just the bridge to be built so your answer will have to wait. I'm willing to give it a go if you BYOA into my town, though.
Please add me RaidenZR (see post 393). I'd like to try my hand at a golden axe.

Koren

I have a question about Nook's... What are the requirements for upgrade ? I'm on my third loan, and spent 30k+ in his shop. I used to get larger shops more quickly, usually. I'm hoping for an upgrade, because choice is rather small, currently (especially since I'm in dire need of some tools).

Nos_G : if you want to come to fetch a shovel (or wants me to bring you one, which may be a better solution since we could use mail after), drop me a message or post here. I don't have time to play much, but opening my gates or making a quick trip won't be a problem.

thebigkahuna said:
By the way, what's up with the flying presents? I have played every day since the day this came out and have yet to see a present. I thought they randomly appeared every ten minutes or so?
10 minutes ? Seems short to me. I've seen several of them (usually, the sound helps) and no slingshot to get them :( But no way that I've seen so many even if the game run several hours yesterday (wasn't paying much attention, though, but I think I would have heard the sound). I've yet to see one near the shore, though, it's usually pretty high on the map.

I've added you, by the way. I hope I'll be able to pay you a visit soon. Besides, I've yet to find peach, oranges and cherries.

Taichu

Okay, I have a question about the Nook Point System.

I took advantage of the 5x special yesterday and got enough points to purchase an item I wanted.
Hero's Cap
. I ordered it last night, expecting it to be in my mail box this morning... however it was not. I also got upgraded to a Silver account, and didn't recieve a letter/present about that.

Does it take a few days to get the Nook Point items?

TJ Spyke

Koren, I was in the same boat (I bought a moon for 32K on my third day), Nook won't do his first upgrade until you've had the game for at least a week.

What's a little annoying is that before I got the slingshot I would see item boxes fly over all the time, but I haven't seen 1 since I got the slingshot.

Luigison

My gates open now. Take all the apples and fish you want. Turnips are selling for 108 bells. Anyone have cheaper turnips? I also have an extra Mush Stand and am looking for a Mush Stool and Mush Wall if anyone wants to sell or trade.

Do new animals build housing were the signs are? I haven't had anyone new. Do current animals have to leave for someone new to come? I just wrote all my animals creatively asking them to leave. Hope that wasn't a bad idea.

The following people have added me, but they haven't visited TMK and I haven't been able to visit their towns so I may be deleting them to add some more active people.

Dragmire | Chad | SilCloud | 2106-2156-1000
Kandinsky | Marshall | Onett | 4854-9950-7057
Tim-E l Tim l Internet l 4769-0943-1451
tmaynard | Trav | Internet | 2965-2072-2401

If you are active and want me to add you reply to this post or PM me. If you are one the list above and don't want to be deleted from TMK please also reply or PM.

Thanks again to Joshua, JYKSTA and Cragstar. You guys have been very helpful. If anyone needs anything just ask.

Koren

TJ Spyke : if you're passing by, I have a lost girl that want to go to your town asap to find her mother :lol

TJ Spyke said:
I bought a moon for 32K on my third day
I understand you... Everybody's need a moon. I even have a collection of space shuttles and astronauts. :lol

TJ Spyke said:
Nook won't do his first upgrade until you've had the game for at least a week.
I see... thanks.

Koren

Luigison said:
Do new animals build housing were the signs are? I haven't had anyone new.
Yes, but it may take some time to fill the village. I think you have to get a perfect village to host as many villager as possible, but I'm not sure.

Luigison said:
I just wrote all my animals creatively asking them to leave. Hope that wasn't a bad idea.
I think that can help (or probably you can say them what they don't want to hear), but isn't there an option in the city hall to report troubles with villagers ? Isn't it a way to trigger a change ? (haven't tried yet).

TJ Spyke

You can file a complain at city hall, I don't know if it will cause them to move.

Koren, if you want to open you gate I will be happy to come and get her to reunite them.

Koren

It's open... The little girl is waiting for her mom at the bus stop ^_^

Edit : Argh, she just disappeared after I opened the doors ? NVM, I'm sorry :(
Someone had success in reuniting them ? Maybe I should have brought het to her mom rather than open the doors ?

TJ Spyke

I just checked my strategy guide, and it appears you have to come to my village. It says that if you see Katie or Kaitlin (their names), you have to go to the other persons village and search for the missing one. I will open my gate.

BTW, my Nooks is currently offering a 5X bonus on items bought.

TJ Spyke

For those who don't know:

You get 3 points for Nook by checking the ABD machine at you own Nook store, but you get 5 points for checking in someone else's village (you only this once per day though, so try and check it in someone else's village first),

Koren

TJ Spyke said:
My gates are open.
Thanks... Coming now.

TJ Spyke said:
BTW, I bought a slingshot for you if you need one.
Oh, that would be welcome... I've missed a balloon again this morning. Unfortunately, I don't have much for you :( Spent all my money in turnips earlier.

RaidenZR

ckohler said:
Please add me RaidenZR (see post 393). I'd like to try my hand at a golden axe.

Gah, look what you've started, UltimateIke! I don't even have the money donated yet. Yeesh.

I'll let you guys know if/when I get it and we can try.

ckohler

Arg! It's been four days in a row and still no damn axes for sale!

I've got over 100,000 bells on me right now. I'll kill for some axes.

RaidenZR

ckohler said:
Arg! It's been four days in a row and still no damn axes for sale!

I've got over 100,000 bells on me right now. I'll kill for some axes.

I'll turn on my town... I've got one for ya.

JYKSTA

Gate is open to Beerland.

Making dinner right now so I'm away....but feel free to stop by, dropped some stuff at the gate for anyone to grab.

Leave messages or stuff. Thanks.

Maybe I'll get done soon and see someone. ;)

RaidenZR

So I popped into Beerland and planted you some coconuts and peaches. Didn't look like you had either. And then. after visiting your town, JYKSTA, I had a goooood night. Karma came back to reward me.

Look what came floating by Nooks:
161dnjb.jpg

One left...
6ticmw.jpg

BAM!

2qc11y8.jpg

YESSSSS!
14b0y6b.jpg

Then I caught a $15,000 Bell Stringfish!!!!
...but I donated it :-/
b6txth.jpg

JYKSTA

Hey nice! When I got back on later, after realizing you had stopped by, a flying saucer came screaming by and I shot it out of the sky. Got myself a spaceship part, whatever that's for. Thanks for the fruit.

Luigison

Thanks for the fun time in Beerland. Hope the trees I planted produce.

Tonight I'll be deleting the following since we never connect:
creamsugar | XianG | Eridanus | 1333-1191-7100

Then I'll add the following:
Nos_G said:
Nos_G | Lex | Scarabro | 2621-6386-8390
ckohler said:
ckohler | Sonic | Mobius | 4339-6007-6779
TJ Spyke said:
3480-6279-5331 "Spyke"
Scrubking said:
My FC is 0688-9002-4966
WolfofMebu said:
Saito, Atlanta 4983-8421-8037

JYKSTA

I've got a bunch of people who've yet connected with me and I'll probably just delete, anyone else want in? Just send me a PM and I'll add you later today.

Luigison said:

I'll let you know. Thanks. Maybe I'll actually gets some photos on here sometime.

Scrubking

Luigison said:

Tonight I'll be deleting the following since we never connect:
creamsugar | XianG | Eridanus | 1333-1191-7100

Then I'll add the following:

Added. My full info is:

0688-9002-4966
Name:Gomez
Town: Alecia

TJ Spyke

Adding you Luigison.

Anybody willing to let me visit your village? I want to get the bonus points from Nook (you get 3 points from using the visitors point option from your own village, but 5 point by using someone elses). I can bring apples or cherrys if you need them.

Scrubking

TJ Spyke said:
Adding you Luigison.

Anybody willing to let me visit your village? I want to get the bonus points from Nook (you get 3 points from using the visitors point option from your own village, but 5 point by using someone elses). I can bring apples or cherrys if you need them.

You can come over to my place. What's your info?

Marvie_3

Banned
So I've been having a lot of fun with the camera option. Figured I would share a few...

tonnumoasnb2y40bnzs2.jpg

l0jxtbw1b79fjh1a9yut.jpg

ututsgz6u793vg97uq.jpg

6t052wr4ezg7sypqdgmy.jpg

xur4uegkd540hsycq7ny.jpg

2m8o2hsgrhqy9j24r8.jpg

5n73b3kpaxnagxk6pkcp.jpg

6kzpjm2fufpwen0f1mr.jpg

Enjoying a little music with a friend
nuze28w12yj6jthxfhhe.jpg

1f0an3sd8ln7x1ma0v3u.jpg

Me rocking a Beat It jacket
oq55pafilh35ezoxt0t.jpg

jibblypop

Banned
Thanks so much to JYKSTA for giving me that golden shovel! it was a great surprise for me!!

So i'm going to be leaving my town open today while im at work... sorry i havent done much work to it yet (like design a flag) but ive just been so busy. feel free to stop by and meet the animals though!

just a reminder that these are the people i have registered:

Jeremy
Bacn'bit
Bri-nat
Xiang
Luke
Jay
Mario
Proven
Kristua
Tim
Wesley
Cassie
Kak
Dookins
Buffalo
Tim
Jason
Chris
Jeff
Cragstar
JAson
Mejilan
Chad
Trav
Joshua
Marshall
JYKSTA
Daike
Lorenzo
Sonny
Bobby

so i noticed some people havent added me back... i will be deleting them tonight when i get home and adding new people!

I like taking pictures... too bad the widescreen ones look much assier as saved images than they do on screen thanks to it actually saving them in an uglily stretched form.

Top Bottom