• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouriozan

Thanks. Yeah, that was fun to get Coco again since I had her in my town on the DS and she really creeped me out at the time:
b15452798.jpg

Is this real? :lol

Also I'll keep every gyroid I'll dig.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Not cool to hear that London is crap for StreetPassing. I'd have through that certain lines of the tube would be perfect! Tourist areas, shopping, should be a goldmine.
Really depends on luck and where you're going. My daily commute is lucky to score one or two a week (and I stress lucky). At one point I almost gave up and stopped taking my 3DS with me. My journey home clashes with secondary school kids and I still get nuthin'

I've even done trips round tourist hotspots like Oxford Street, Westminster and Buckingham Palace and come home with nuthin'. Where are the Japanese tourists when you need them? (In Akihabara scoring streetpasses)

On the other hand went to visit a friend and took the tube and by the end of the evening I had managed to score 7 and I'm pretty sure most were from the journey there.

LukeTim

Had £20 worth of Amazon vouchers from my Birthday, so I managed to pre-order this for £12.02, with first class shipping! Can't wait.

Hey guys remind me in 2039 to check my mailbox on AC GCN. I sent myself some mail 13 years ago that should arrive on or around Dec. 31, 2039. It baffles me to think already 1/3rd of that time has passed. I remember writing it, but I forgot what I wrote, so I'm looking forward to that date.

SuperSah

Banned
Hey guys remind me in 2039 to check my mailbox on AC GCN. I sent myself some mail 13 years ago that should arrive on or around Dec. 31, 2039. It baffles me to think already 1/3rd of that time has passed. I remember writing it, but I forgot what I wrote, so I'm looking forward to that date.

That's hilarious. xD

LukeTim

Damn. That's pretty cool. I want to do it.

elektrixx

Banned
So if I work every weekday like normal people, am I gonna able to play this game?

I've never played Animal Crossing but from what I've heard on the Bombcast so far, I can only do boring "errands" outside of the schedule the game forces upon the player.

SuperSah

Banned
So if I work every weekday like normal people, am I gonna able to play this game?

I've never played an Animal Crossing game but from what I've heard on the Bombcast so far I can only do boring "errands" outside of the schedule the game forces upon the player.

You can indeed. You can change town laws to suit your hours of playing.

I really really hope it rains in my town when I move in. The rain effects in this game are beautiful.

Robin64

The fact that New Leaf has ~3.5m sales worldwide and has only released in Japan is staggering.

Take note, publishers, gamers don't want endless rechurnings of "Generic Brown Sci-Fi FPS".

LukeTim

Really depends on luck and where you're going. My daily commute is lucky to score one or two a week (and I stress lucky). At one point I almost gave up and stopped taking my 3DS with me. My journey home clashes with secondary school kids and I still get nuthin'

I've even done trips round tourist hotspots like Oxford Street, Westminster and Buckingham Palace and come home with nuthin'. Where are the Japanese tourists when you need them? (In Akihabara scoring streetpasses)

On the other hand went to visit a friend and took the tube and by the end of the evening I had managed to score 7 and I'm pretty sure most were from the journey there.

On the few occasions I do go into London with my 3DS, I don't manage more than 1 or 2, either. Which is a shame.

However, I am looking forward to Eurogamer Expo in September, that should score me a shitload, hopefully.

SuperSah

Banned
From what I've heard this is considered a "perk" and by doing so I'd miss out on real bonuses just so I can make the game work when I need it to.

You wouldn't miss out on too much, if anything at all.

But if you find you have time on breaks, when you're at home etc. this it 100% worth it. I recommend downloading it digitally for this alone.

MicH

Just to be a complete douche: The guy in the GR review didn't hand over a wallpaper, but an item to hang on the wall.

[/doucheover]

elektrixx

Banned
You wouldn't miss out on too much, if anything at all.

But if you find you have time on breaks, when you're at home etc. this it 100% worth it. I recommend downloading it digitally for this alone.

The only free time I have is when I'm home at night, so I'm already bummed it's not on the Wii U. If I'm out I'm either busy working or busy drinking.

I don't think this game is for me.

I feel my issue is the same as the "always online" complainers. Now I know how it feels.

SuperSah

Banned
The only free time I have is when I'm at home, so I'm already bummed it's not on the Wii U. If I'm out I'm either busy working or busy drinking.

I feel my issue is the same as the "always online" complainers. Now I know how it feels.

It's a shame. You'll be missing out on such a vibrant experience..

I do hope you manage to get it eventually! Also if you go online with friends, you'll end up on it for hours.

Robin64

The only free time I have is when I'm home at night, so I'm already bummed it's not on the Wii U. If I'm out I'm either busy working or busy drinking.

I've never had a problem with Animal Crossing games while also working a full-time job. Given you only "need" to play a little each day, that little can just be in the evenings. Any events last the whole day anyway.

addyb

Apologies but this may get reposted until some helpful gaf'er can confirm.

If I have 2 copies of the game
1 x digital
1 x physical

Can I have 2 save games? I assume the digital save game would be on the SD card and the physical save game on the cart?

ramyeon

Change the time on your 3DS so it's in a different timezone/day time when you play at night?

Kouriozan

1 x digital
1 x physical

Can I have 2 save games? I assume the digital save game would be on the SD card and the physical save game on the cart?

Yeah, I think it's not the same save.

1 x digital
1 x physical

That is correct. I'm not entirely sure that you can street pass with both though.

SuperSah

Banned
The hell? That wallclock is only from Bestbuy? Oh boy I wonder how US geels XD, knowing our luck UK probs be Toys R Us or some supermarket XD

Oh god, I hope it isn't. We'll probably get it in GAME or something..
There's were all the DLC ends up. Or we have to trade online.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'd rather have it be a super market in the UK since it gives a lot of people a chance to get to one. Though I'd hate for them to stagger it like that. I mean it's one thing making the journey as a adult to a super market a little further off, but kids will have a hard time convincing their parents to do the weekly shop at Tesco if they usually go to Waitrose.

Basically sod the shop exclusive idea unless it's product placement (like the 7-11 stuff) and make them all downloadable.

So can I give you guys copies of exclusive stuff like the DLC? (Still fuzzy on that part,) How would I do that?

We have a BB around the corner that I pass on my way to work and I know at least a couple of you are on my friend list.

So can I give you guys copies of exclusive stuff like the DLC? (Still fuzzy on that part,) How would I do that?

We have a BB around the corner that I pass on my way to work and I know at least a couple of you are on my friend list.

If they are orderable from the catalog, then yes. But we don't know yet if they will be. Most of the Japanese DLC is but the 7-11 items were not.

Labrys

Last time I checked, you get DLC once, and then you cannot re-order it. You'd have to give your only copy of the item away.

Chrom

I'm honestly skeptical if that SpotPass content is really exclusive to Best Buy. They said the exact same thing for Fire Emblem Awakening's DLC, but you could've downloaded that at home, or anywhere for that matter.

SuperSah

Banned

You drop the item on the floor, your friend picks it up, drops it again, and you take it back.

It catalogues the item so they can order it from stores, or you can order it yourself and just give it to them.

Sats

Banned
Question. So, you can have 4 players to one town, but only one is mayor. Can the 4 players exchange letters?

Okay. I'll make sure to stop into BB (ours isn't so bad) when the first DLC hits so a EuroGAFer can come over to see if they can snitch a copy. I mean, who doesn't want a raccoon clock?

And if it's not really exclusive, all the better. Best Buy doesn't seem to know what they're doing anymore anyway.

SuperSah

Banned
Okay. I'll make sure to stop into BB (ours isn't so bad) when the first DLC hits so a EuroGAFer can come over to see if they can snitch a copy. I mean, who doesn't want a raccoon clock?

And if it's not really exclusive, all the better. Best Buy doesn't seem to know what they're doing anymore anyway.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom