• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kokonoe

Banned
Please don't hate me. ;~;

WHO WAS SECOND CLOSEST? If I got to my GameStop for the game and they have a thing they can give me, I will send it to them.

TRUTH.

UEGARRAARGH! I'm so pissed off right now that you got a BOX! AAAAAGGHHHHHH!!!

Don't worry, I'll still donate fish to the museum.

Well, I finally have to get some friends! I am not planning on time travel (for the foreseeable future). Don't care what time zone you are in, but I am in central if that matters to anyone.

Name Kris Fox
Friend Code 2363-5624-3655

Kokonoe

Banned
Guys. Guys.

This will be my first AC game.

Anything I should know going in?

1. Hit random rocks with the shovel, once a day one will give you money.

2. (if that's in this game) if you find a glowy spot on the ground, use the shovel to dig up the money bag, then plant the money bag back in the hole for a money tree to grow.

oh, so this was all just a ploy to get friends

i see what you're doin here

hahaha. Nah, I just figured since I just shared my FC with the person who won the contest I would add a few others at the same time.

I have a few hundred friends I met on my youtube channel from my friend code exchange videos from CF who will be joining me this time too, but this community seems way too awesome!

I am actually kinda curious if anyone visited my video to share last time?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcCFnRSqsDk

addyb

I'm disappointed its only got one save slot. My wife is an AC addict and she's dying to play this but we wanted our own village. I'm getting the game free as part of the recent promotion. (Digital download)

Are saved games still tied to the carts? Was thinking my only way round it would be to buy a physical copy as well so we had a saved game apiece or would that not be possible?

hahaha. Nah, I just figured since I just shared my FC with the person who won the contest I would add a few others at the same time.

I have a few hundred friends I met on my youtube channel from my friend code exchange videos from CF who will be joining me this time too, but this community seems way too awesome!

I'll send you a PM with my FC tomorrow when I wake up. I'm about to go to bed and don't want to turn on my 3DS, haha. I should really add it to my GAF profile so I can access it without having to turn the system on.

I'll send you a PM with my FC tomorrow when I wake up. I'm about to go to bed and don't want to turn on my 3DS, haha. I should really add it to my GAF profile so I can access it without having to turn the system on.

Sounds good!

Added everyone up to this point! I just got rid of all the old friends who I haven't played with / messaged in a good year or so. Let me know if you add me, and I will. Feel free to PM.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Considering getting this digitally since it seems to be a game you want to have around at most times anyway to check in on.

any good reason not to? (I mean besides the general lack of account stuff and tied to hw, which I'm not too concerned about)

Salsa

Considering getting this digitally since it seems to be a game you want to have around at most times anyway to check in on.

any good reason not to? (I mean besides the general lack of account stuff and tied to hw, which I'm not too concerned about)

people are concerned about your SD card getting corrupted and losing your save

ive never heard of anyone who had that happen but apparently some people had before

thing is, I never back up my 3DS SD card either way, so going by that I shouldn't get any digital game ever, and I already did

so bleh, I think i'll be fine

Robin64

Countdown to European launch: 9 days. Doesn't seem so bad now it's less than two digits!

Not cool to hear that London is crap for StreetPassing. I'd have through that certain lines of the tube would be perfect! Tourist areas, shopping, should be a goldmine.

Also I'm going digital. I'm more likely to lose my cart than get a corrupt SD card.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe this is why the EU is getting so many 3DS promos... nobody has them.

whadya mean? The promoted games or 3DS's ? I think, relatively speaking, 3DS is doing better in EU than in the US.

Countdown to European launch: 9 days. Doesn't seem so bad now it's less than two digits!

Not cool to hear that London is crap for StreetPassing. I'd have through that certain lines of the tube would be perfect! Tourist areas, shopping, should be a goldmine.

I got quite a few, but mostly when I visited the big Game/HMV stores.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member

Anytime I go shopping I never get a streetpass, even going into places like GAME.

SuperSah

Banned
Maybe this is why the EU is getting so many 3DS promos... nobody has them.

Actually, EU gamers tend to use downloads more. It got quite popular ever since GAME started offering eShop codes for lower prices than boxed games.

Mind you, this will be my first download because I got it free part of the promo.

XaosWolf

Did you call GT a jackass for spoiling something (like they always do) and then proceed to post said spoiler anyway?

No, they just handed over a wallpaper instead of something to replace a phonograph.
IDIOTS.

Oh wow, I just confirmed. Why did none of my wonderful animal neighbors tell me about this?

My post just keeps on giving it seems. =P

Oh, and also: CONGRATS PARIAH.

Now I can sleep. =P

Robin64

I am blown away by all the reviews, which I am reading through now. The only odd one out seems like that Jim fellow. I definitely wasn't expecting a 9.6 from IGN!

No, they just handed over a wallpaper instead of something to replace a phonograph.
IDIOTS.
lol, I like how you call me an idiot right before responding to me. No worries.
EDIT: Also, it was something "for a wall" not wallpaper. There are fans and lamps that stick to the wall now. I wasn't sure whether it needed to be so specific or if they'd take any kind of furniture.

SuperSah

Banned

Also I'm going digital. I'm more likely to lose my cart than get a corrupt SD card.

9 days left! Still feels awfully painful though.

I need to pass the time and actually start playing FE:A...

I went to Oxford Street and there's where I scored my only StreetPass.

I actually quite enjoyed this review! I feel they went over everything pretty well. English version Hype +10!

He also has Coco in his town... I want her in mine!

Thanks. Yeah, that was fun to get Coco again since I had her in my town on the DS and she really creeped me out at the time:
b15452798.jpg

Salsa

watched a couple mins of the GT review and quit due to spoilers, already saw a couple things that would have been nice surprises D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom