• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouriozan

100px-Monique.png

I think I hate snooty villagers >.<

Morning CrossingGaf! Not much longer now for us in the US (sorry my EU friends).

I talked to a friend last night that has the DS AC, I almost caved and played it but I want to keep my first experience with AC fresh. Must resist!

Sats

Banned
Wait. What are the actual differences between villagers of the same type? Do they even say different things??

StayDead

I mean, is everything you can "obtain" recorded in the catalogue, and is there an indication of how many of each item (clothes, wallpaper etc.) are available?

From the last time I checked my catalog, it doesn't give you an indication of how many of each there are, but it shows you a full list of everything you have/have had in the catalog. It shows the items you can't rebuy as "not for sale", but they still show up.

I'm still annoyed at myself as I think I sold two of the Nintendo letter items >_<

Sats

Banned
I still want to do my mural, because it is so perfect but...

I kinda want to make AC comics using in game screenshots. That would be easier using patterns.

Kouriozan

Fact time : the number of villagers you start with/limit.

Gamecube : 6/15 max
Wild World : 3/8 max
City Folk : 6/10 max
New Leaf : 5/10 max

Also, what's new in New Leaf :
Villagers can now shake trees, plant flowers, and enter other buildings, among other things.
Two new personalities have been introduced: Smug and Uchi(it is a mix of Snooty and Normal). Villagers that have moved out can also visit the Main Street.

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
I'll think about it. And as an example, say I wanted to make a comic where the main joke was that Nook put up an ad poster that was weird. Would be easier if I made the pattern.

Oh, I see what you mean now!

You don't need to break down the whole mural for something like that though, just store the first top row in the closet temporarily.

Well, I guess 15 was quite too much. But I don't know really, I never played the GC one.
I just remember you could play old NES games with some cabinet, that was a great idea.

Robin64

10 is perfect. 15 was too much and 8 felt empty. But now 10 along with Public Works, mmm, town should feel good.

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
Confused what you mean. Why store the top row?

Oh, er...I was just saying that it'd probably be a better idea to just temporarily store parts of the mural to make room for your comic. Are you really thinking about no longer having a 40 pattern mural...?

And I said top row because it sounds tidy... :p

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member

My, you really started with 3 villagers in Wild World? I don't remember it being that lonesome at all...

zigg

I stuck my head in the local Meijer on my way into work today. Seeing as how they aren't primarily consumer electronics, I figured I had a shot at them receiving, shelving, and being able to sell New Leaf without a register block.

Well, at least I found a nice new flavor of yogurt.

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
I stuck my head in the local Meijer on my way into work today. Seeing as how they aren't primarily consumer electronics, I figured I had a shot at them receiving, shelving, and being able to sell New Leaf without a register block.

Well, at least I found a nice new flavor of yogurt.

What this flavour of yoghurt be?

zigg

What this flavour of yoghurt be?
Dangerously Offtopic. It's really tempting stuff.

(Seriously, if you're interested, Chobani Bite coffee w/ dark chocolate chips.)

Anyway, I think I might hit Meijer one more time this week—it's the only convenient store that I imagine I have a shot at, really—and then just revert to my Sunday Kmart plan. Four days early would've been worth $5. One day, not so much.

LukeTim

So, I can have maximum of 10 in New Leaf. Cool.

And does anybody know what is the size of the superset? How many different characters are there who could possibly move in to those 10 spaces?

zigg

Double wait...what about Bell Trees now? D:
If Bell trees work like past games, they're a break-even or worse proposition. When I looked into them in WW, you could plant a bag of Bells with the golden shovel and you'd have at best a 1-in-3 chance of the mature tree bearing three sacks of equivalent denomination Bells. The Bells would not regrow once harvested, so&#8230;

EDIT: Gah, it's even worse than I remembered. Some details dropped out of my head. http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Money_Tree

Sats

Banned
Naaah, I definitely still gotta do the 40 pattern mural.

Maybe we can have a new Hall of Fame, and I'll get on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom