• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frolow

Banned
Posting this again. The thread was moving too fast for anyone to answer last time.

A few questions:
1. How good of an connection do you need in order to play online? I'm unable to play Mario Kart 7 online and can just barely play Luigi's Mansion 2 online, and Luigi's Mansion only works if I host the game.
2. Is it possible to still get those Japanese Spotpass and 7/11 items?

XaosWolf

Posting this again. The thread was moving too fast for anyone to answer last time.

A few questions:
1. How good of an connection do you need in order to play online? I'm unable to play Mario Kart 7 online and can just barely play Luigi's Mansion 2 online, and Luigi's Mansion only works if I host the game.
2. Is it possible to still get those Japanese Spotpass and 7/11 items?

1. Should be more relaxed than an MK7 race or LM2 game. Shouldn't be a problem.
2. It'll be tricky to do so.

Wait, is it still Rover on the train at the start?

Noaksey

Neo Member
Ok, currently filling in the official New Leaf Friend code submission form, Xaoswolf suggested that I ask you guys for a suitable town name, so any suggestions?

Robin64

Jeebus, 100 ppp is such a mess. @__@
I have to get used to it.

No you don't. Don't listen to the propaganda.

Also, in the western release, the different faces come with different coloured eyes already, unlike the Japanese version that has just black eyes as default.

XaosWolf

You're gonna have to tell us what/how you want your town to be percieved.
Yep, need the general theme of your town.

Probably Frogs. Go for frogs.

Went to shut off the pump for our cherry orchards and come back a member. Feels good.
Congrats! =D

What isn't bizarre about this game lol? That's why we all love it and why it's so addictive.
RAGING WINTER NORTHERN WIND

Avixph

Out of interest, from this face chart, what face are you guys aiming for?

http://acwiki3ds.wikispaces.com/Face+Guide

Why are most of the eyes looking towards the left?
Anyway these are the faces I want:
Untitled-7.png
bigeyes.png
, or
jz7sp6.png

Robin64

When I was a youngster, just a few years old, I was obsessed with frogs. I loved McCartney's "We All Stand Together", or The Frog Song as I and everyone called it. When out shopping with family, one of the words I had learnt was "frog", so if I ever saw a toy or statue of one I would point and yell "FROG! FROG!". One day my auntie said, thinking I could not hear, "Fucking frogs..". For the next few months I would embarass my mother by yelling "FUCKING FROG! FUCKING FROG!" when I saw one.

Anyway, the point of the story is that I should get a frog in my town.

XaosWolf

I tried 100ppp for a couple days and couldn't deal. Too hardcore for me. :(

Plus, I like having twice as many tops of pages to look forward to!
I thought you were the hardest of cores, Zeer0id. A little disappointed.
Also you'll look the fool when you get excited about be at the top of the page halfway down the page

Sturdy will have to do. :p
Sturdy is the one!

Why are most of the eyes looking towards the left?
Anyway these are the faces I want:
Untitled-7.png
bigeyes.png
, or
jz7sp6.png
Just what is happening off screen? Maybe Sats is there?

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Did anyone get 3DS XL bundle with Animal Crossing: Jump Out?

How was the quality of that LL? Did it have any yellow tint? Is the screen banding bad?
My red 3DS XL has a yellow tint, it is very apparent when I play games as the yellow colour saturates the screen.

Is the Pink/White North American 3DS better?

Noaksey

Neo Member
When I was a youngster, just a few years old, I was obsessed with frogs. I loved McCartney's "We All Stand Together", or The Frog Song as I and everyone called it. When out shopping with family, one of the words I had learnt was "frog", so if I ever saw a toy or statue of one I would point and yell "FROG! FROG!". One day my auntie said, thinking I could not hear, "Fucking frogs..". For the next few months I would embarass my mother by yelling "FUCKING FROG! FUCKING FROG!" when I saw one.

Anyway, the point of the story is that I should get a frog in my town.

Can we be fwrends ?

Is everyone going for Beautiful Town? It sounds so sweet! :)

I am going for Night Owl, cause of my insomnia and this is when I mostly play games..

I was going to say Bathouse... out of love for Spirited Away.

Awesome connection and reference ! Love that film...

XaosWolf

Torn between 3 and 5. Like 3's eyes better, but I like having eyebrows.
Best one is 3. Sturdy. So people can say stuff like: "Saw Xaos the other day. Charming fellow. Roguish good looks. Eyes like girders."

Corneria because Star Fox lol

But this ones good because I'm sure everyone loved Spirited Away =)
But Slippy is a toad! =O

Except it looks like it says "bat house". Hrm.
More commonly known as Wayne Manor.

Noaksey

Neo Member
Best one is 3. Sturdy. So people can say stuff like: "Saw Xaos the other day. Charming fellow. Roguish good looks. Eyes like girders."

But Slippy is a toad! =O

More commonly known as Wayne Manor.

Eye's like girders.. lol!

Slippy the Toad, ick, toads are not nice..

Might as well call it Gotham ..

Akira_83

Banned
i played animal crossing on the DS but dont remember the details

are there any interactive furniture for houses? like fishtanks that have moving fish? tv's to turn on? etc?

MicH

Do we know if we cna use a Bluetooth keyboard with this game? Kind of considering getting the Pokémon Typing Adventure + keyboard since it's dropping ~£2 everyday on Amazon.

EDIT: Wait, the 3DS doesn't have bluetooth? wat

SuperSah

Banned
Do we know if we cna use a Bluetooth keyboard with this game? Kind of considering getting the Pokémon Typing Adventure + keyboard since it's dropping ~£2 everyday on Amazon.

EDIT: Wait, the 3DS doesn't have bluetooth? wat

Nah, no bluetooth here unless the cart has it installed.

I don't mind on-screen controls for typing on AC, as the character does a pose to notify the other person you're typing, so it gives you time.

XaosWolf

i played animal crossing on the DS but dont remember the details

are there any interactive furniture for houses? like fishtanks that have moving fish? tv's to turn on? etc?

Plenty! =D It'll be like a game of Bop It! up in my house.

No idea. Hopefully, though, as it'd be handy for Best Friend chats.
EDIT: Oh right, Bluetooth. It'll be No then.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Isn't it a bit awkward to keep switching between the 3DS and a keyboard just to type. Touch screen typing is pretty easy anyway. Not like typing on the Wii version.

Night Owl for me. It's best since I'll be playing after work most of the time during the week.

This is what I think I'm going with as well, since I'm not even home from work until after 6pm. Though on the weekends I know I'll be on during the morning hours.

Also, to try and get the better town design (how the river flows through and such) do I just delete my town and start over until I get the one I want? I honestly haven't played Animal Crossing since the first one.

SuperSah

Banned
Isn't it a bit awkward to keep switching between the 3DS and a keyboard just to type. Touch screen typing is pretty easy anyway. Not like typing on the Wii version.

Yeah, true. Wii was killer. Pointing your arms always hurt a lot.

I find typing on 3DS fluid and easy.

As for town ordinance, i'm not sure. I want beautiful town, but I like having to water plants daily etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom