• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Item Box

So I kinda just found this thing:
NLlT5rY.jpg
I wonder if I can still use it for new leaf

More questions from the uninitiated...

My wife and I are each buying a copy of the game. I understand that each village can have up to 4 players residing in it. Can I have a temporary residence in my wife's game, and vice versa? Or are those spots reserved for someone using the same cart? Thanks.

Philia

I haven't been listening to the Bombcast in the last month or so... who's excited for ACNL? I didn't think it was their type of game. haha.

Exactly my thoughts too. GB people aren't the type to play AC at all. So it gotten me surprised so. I want to give it a listen but I can't understand voices so I'll need to get my husband to give it a listen.

XaosWolf

More questions from the uninitiated...

My wife and I are each buying a copy of the game. I understand that each village can have up to 4 players residing in it. Can I have a temporary residence in my wife's game, and vice versa? Or are those spots reserved for someone using the same cart? Thanks.
Not temporary residence, but you can visit other villages and help each other out.

Yup. We never get any special letters though.
We'll presumably get ours next week.

Chrom

How does it work if the first player, who is mayor, does not want to be a resident of the town anymore? Is that even possible?

I've never had any interest in this series and I've never played one.

Didn't stop me from paying this off today though! We'll see what happens I guess. I think it's just because it looks like a really laid back game and it seems like something pleasing to play during the summer months.

Exactly my thoughts too. GB people aren't the type to play AC at all. So it gotten me surprised so. I want to give it a listen but I can't understand voices so I'll need to get my husband to give it a listen.

Jeff and Ryan loved the original. They're mostly positive about it, but they think it has too many old school mechanics that are kind of burdensome. It more just sounds like they don't like the stuff that starts interfering with real life. Things like time constraints and having too many dialogue bubbles for things you have to do multiple times. They understand they are necessary and sort of the point of the game, it's just the aspects they don't really like as much anymore. Overall they like it though.

XaosWolf

Apart from a Fire Emblem one, I've not got any special swapnotes... I'm UK GAF anyway, so that's probably it.

There was a Luigi's Mansion 2 letter as well.

Thank you, sir!

Is there a bald hairstyle in this game?
Nope. Closest you could get is probably a pattern on the horned hat.
You'd obviously have horns though. =

How does it work if the first player, who is mayor, does not want to be a resident of the town anymore? Is that even possible?

You mean kinda switching Mayors? Actually a good question.

I've never had any interest in this series and I've never played one.

Didn't stop me from paying this off today though! We'll see what happens I guess. I think it's just because it looks like a really laid back game and it seems like something pleasing to play during the summer months.

Perfect for that. =D

Noaksey

Neo Member
Yes, because as far as I can tell, only America and Japan have gotten this message so far. I'm assuming that Europe hasn't yet.

I am sure as we get closer to the launch time and date or on day of launch, when you play this game I bet you, we'll all get your letters of thank you :)

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
do we have to refer to ourselves as UK GAF ?

Oh, not at all. I'm just using it to be a part of a collective. It helps considering how different Nintendo can be in regions.

There was a Luigi's Mansion 2 letter as well.

Don't you need to have the game to be able to receive it? I've not got any letter about Luigi's Mansion 2...

Yeah...I've not got the game. I'm hoping to get it for free using the So Many Games promotion.

XaosWolf

Oh, not at all. I'm just using it to be a part of a collective. It helps considering how different Nintendo can be in regions.

Don't you need to have the game to be able to receive it? I've not got any letter about Luigi's Mansion 2...

Yeah...I've not got the game. I'm hoping to get it for free using the So Many Games promotion.

Ah, maybe. And definitely get it. It's sublime, even if you solely play it for the animation work. =3

Jeff and Ryan loved the original. They're mostly positive about it, but they think it has too many old school mechanics that are kind of burdensome. It more just sounds like they don't like the stuff that starts interfering with real life. Things like time constraints and having too many dialogue bubbles for things you have to do multiple times. They understand they are necessary and sort of the point of the game, it's just the aspects they don't really like as much anymore. Overall they like it though.
I can understand these complaints, as it IS a game that can conflict with real-world responsibilities, and the only way around it is by either forsaking elements or engagements of your actual life for the sake of the game, or by cheating with time travel.

That being said, it is of course a necessary element to the franchise, and there's not much the dev team can do to work around those issues save for changing the core 1:1 time sync mechanic completely, which would then make it into an entirely different title.

As I'm unemployed right now, so I don't see these issues being a problem for me at all. Thanks Obama! :D

Philia

Thanks for the summary! :)

XaosWolf

I can understand these complaints, as it IS a game that can conflict with real-world responsibilities, and the only way around it is by either forsaking elements or engagements of your actual life for the sake of the game, or by cheating with time travel.

That being said, it is of course a necessary element to the franchise, and there's not much the dev team can do to work around those issues save for changing the core 1:1 time sync mechanic completely, which would then make it into an entirely different title.

As I'm unemployed right now, so I don't see these issues being a problem for me at all. Thanks Obama! :D

I'm not sure what exactly they could do to appease anyone who feels that way. They already added in the whole ordinance thing to help out in regards to play times, anything beyond that would have to break the real-time aspect to function.

And if you do that, you may as well just play Harvest Moon.
Though they'd probably want someone to do the farming for them. =P

Oh, and I still need to sort of my Best Friends list. I have ~23 slots left. I was to badger a bunch of people but they're all offline on Skype. I think they've had enough of me. :p

You're UK GAF, can I be on your Besties list?
I'll bring pie!
I won't bring pie.

Zafir

Hope Nintendo are quick sending the codes out from the 4 for 3 promotion next week. Need my Animal Crossing fix fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom