• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just burning some time earlier today, walked in to Shoppers Drug Mart to look at their bargain bin of games and found this in the display case..

iWeUKqedr9gNG.jpg

You in Canada?

Elija2

Just burning some time earlier today, walked in to Shoppers Drug Mart to look at their bargain bin of games and found this in the display case..

iWeUKqedr9gNG.jpg

Oh shit, I'm trying that tomorrow. Question though, does your Shoppers have a lot of games on display? Mine just has a small section with barely any 3DS games, so I'm wondering if they'd have it.

MicH

Are they AC fans?

Asking since a lot of people are new to AC and ACNL is going to be the first game for many.
I have a feeling that a lot of newcomers will be super disappointed with the game and burn out in a week or two because they don't know what they should be doing. Especially with some being waaay overhyped.

We'll have to see how active this community will be in a month :p I bet it will be trimmed down to a much smaller core

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Oh shit, I'm trying that tomorrow. Question though, does your Shoppers have a lot of games on display? Mine just has a small section with barely any 3DS games, so I'm wondering if they'd have it.

It's a pretty standard selection of games for SDMs that do carry them. All the 3DS games were in a small display case, near the floor. Hardly in plain view. All SDMs probably have their stock in. Just a matter of whether, or not they've stuck them out on the floor yet.

You in Canada?

Yep, Toronto.

gad damn it! lucky guy

My wife gets the early copy, I have to wait for Sunday's digital release. :p

ohlawd

if I remember, I'll hit up my Shopper's tomorrow.

If I see it, I'll have to resist the temptation to buy the game. I gotta use up my $10 FS credit ;_;

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Staples is oblivious to street dates as well, which makes them another good bet if you are on the hunt to find it early.

Elija2

It's a pretty standard selection of games for SDMs that do carry them. All the 3DS games were in a small display case, near the floor. Hardly in plain view. All SDMs probably have their stock in. Just a matter of whether, or not they've stuck them out on the floor yet.

I live in a fairly small town so I don't know if my Shoppers would have it in stock so early, if at all. But damnit, you've made me excited to check tomorrow.

Unicorn

I wish I had smaller game stores around me. I only get games from the big box stores
LLShC.gif

Also, Staples doesn't sell games around these parts.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I live in a fairly small town so I don't know if my Shoppers would have it in stock so early, if at all. But damnit, you've made me excited to check tomorrow.

Yeah, some SDMs in Toronto don't carry games at all. If they do carry them though, I imagine they'll have AC in. Seems like carrying 1st party Nintendo titles is always the case if they carry games.

Rocwell

Man things are crazy out there on Gaf today have you guys seen some of these threads? I think I'm gonna lay low in here for awhi-

iWeUKqedr9gNG.jpg
ed-nortan-laptop.gif

I have a feeling that a lot of newcomers will be super disappointed with the game and burn out in a week or two because they don't know what they should be doing. Especially with some being waaay overhyped.

We'll have to see how active this community will be in a month :p I bet it will be trimmed down to a much smaller core

What do you think they're expecting?

Just curious. =) I'm new to the series too, but I've enjoyed watching my wife play quite a bit.

I've been avoiding this thread as much as I can while I complete my final exam, but I wanted to ask, has anyone's Amazon order updated to reflect imminent shipping?

Oh and of course, I have a few preliminary friends still to confirm my friend code on their end, what's the etiquette in sending them another message to let them know I've added them?

Blueblur1

Man, I'm tempted to get the AC system even though I have a sealed Blue/Black 3DS XL in my desk drawer (considering selling it). I don't know what to do. :p

BTW, for digital games is the save data tied to the system? That may be a deal breaker.

Insanus

Neo Member
Hello AC:NL community! This is my first post on GAF, as I have been a long time lurker.

I have been a long time AC fan and I am enduring the final days before New Leafs release. Fortunately, this thread has been keeping me company and there is no shortage of planning one can do for the next chapter of the AC addiction.

I submitted my friend code to the official list, and I can't wait to visit the towns each of you carefully prepare in the coming weeks.

Feel free to add me,

FC- 2105-9973-1416

Not long now! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Unicorn

Man, I'm tempted to get the AC system even though I have a sealed Blue/Black 3DS XL in my desk drawer (considering selling it). I don't know what to do. :p

BTW, for digital games is the save data tied to the system? That may be a deal breaker.

Tied to the SD card. But if you update your SD card you can copy and paste the files from the old SD to the new one on your computer.

Baconbitz

Banned
I wish I had smaller game stores around me. I only get games from the big box stores
LLShC.gif

Also, Staples doesn't sell games around these parts.
Just curious. Where do you live? (Don't have to answer if its too personal). I talk to a woman for Best Buy, and I believe they had 13. That's why I ask.

Has anyone who ordered the XL bundle from Gamestop.com has had their shipping information updated? I ordered it and purchased the 1 day shipping and it says its scheduled for shipment on Sunday.

Placed my order today. No update on shipping status, but I already got charged the amount on my debit account. (I selected the value shipping though, so I'm not expecting it anytime soon.)

Mobius 1

Hello AC:NL community! This is my first post on GAF, as I have been a long time lurker.

I have been a long time AC fan and I am enduring the final days before New Leafs release. Fortunately, this thread has been keeping me company and there is no shortage of planning one can do for the next chapter of the AC addiction.

I submitted my friend code to the official list, and I can't wait to visit the towns each of you carefully prepare in the coming weeks.

Feel free to add me,

FC- 2105-9973-1416

Added.

Mine is 5257-8961-7715

iiicon

did anyone else catch this week's bombcast? I'm disappointed to hear that neither brad nor jeff liked this game... :/
They helped sell me on the game, actually. Even though you could tell they were burnt out on the AC formula, their enthusiasm over past games was extremely convincing.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I.... I can wait. What's 3 more days when you've been waiting 3+ years?!
AHA! AHAHAHAHAHA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Cute avatar.

I will be waiting at least 2 more weeks, maybe 4. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Labrys

Cute avatar.

I will be waiting at least 2 more weeks, maybe 4. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Same to you!

I forgot the rest of the world is getting it later. I feel bad for complaining... I just really want it. Into my veins. NOW.

You know, now that I look at the acronym, I think the game should've been called Animal Crossing: New Era. Then we can call it ACNE.

New feature, stay in your house for 1+ week, get acne instead of bedhead. Animals ridicule you and Isabelle gives you face wash instead of tools.

Feel free to add me,

FC- 2105-9973-1416

Hey Cam!

edit: added you, sir!

ohlawd

If AC:NL ends up not grasping me by my balls, that might be okay too.

I can use that time to further clean up my backlog 'til PxZ.

I.... I can wait. What's 3 more days when you've been waiting 3+ years?!
AHA! AHAHAHAHAHA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Fortunately, I have a lot of patience. And a huge backlog. Trying to juggle Zelda: Oracle of Ages, GRID, GRID 2, Portal 2, Half-Life 2, Ms. Splosion Man, and Mirror's Edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom