• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohlawd

Did you like the demo? I've been hearing it's rather shit.

I have the demo but I don't wanna touch it.

I have no doubt that the game is shit to the core but as I've said in the demo thread, I've played a lot of crap games from start to finish.

MicH

What do you think they're expecting?

Just curious. =) I'm new to the series too, but I've enjoyed watching my wife play quite a bit.
I think a lot of the newcomers are expecting to be able to play for hours on end in the first couple of days. I also fear that people won't like (or haven't yet understood)the basic premise of the game where you have to find something to do on your own as the game really doesn't tell you what to do after the introduction.

Of course if they've actually sat down to read up on this, it might not be the case. To be honest, I see this series as a love it or hate kind of series.

Finally bought a 3DS for this. Think it's the only game I wanna play. Just waiting for Sunday... I just can't be arsed to purchase the retail version. Too lazy.

Labrys

Is there figurine nendoroid for the llama pair or Leif the owner of the new garden shop?

Just Isabelle right now. Knowing Good Smile, however, if she does well there is a good chance more will be made.

They seem to be (as always) focusing on Hatsune Miku right now. Another Nendoroid of her was announced for Anime Expo.

MoonGred

Hello AC:NL community! This is my first post on GAF, as I have been a long time lurker.

I have been a long time AC fan and I am enduring the final days before New Leafs release. Fortunately, this thread has been keeping me company and there is no shortage of planning one can do for the next chapter of the AC addiction.

I submitted my friend code to the official list, and I can't wait to visit the towns each of you carefully prepare in the coming weeks.

Feel free to add me,

FC- 2105-9973-1416

Not long now! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Welcome to the club, I'll add you when I get home.
FC: 1134 7083 7061

mollipen

I hear that early adopters are ugly and those who are waiting for the digital version rule

just sayin

Having played the digital version for a few weeks now, I can absolutely tell you that I'd now never consider buying this on cartridge. I don't totally trust Nintendo's download system, but for Animal Crossing, having it always on your 3DS and easily accessible is definitely the way to go.

pariah164

Having played the digital version for a few weeks now, I can absolutely tell you that I'd now never consider buying this on cartridge. I don't totally trust Nintendo's download system, but for Animal Crossing, having it always on your 3DS and easily accessible is definitely the way to go.

:<

I am sorely tempted man.

Also, your avatar rules. Yukiko concept art ftw.

Unicorn

Just get both physical and digital :3

I've been contemplating this for weeks now. It means I would be getting it at 9pm Saturday. But I keep holding out I can find it physical sooner.

Plus, owning the card feels more substantial for some reason.

Labrys

Just get both physical and digital :3

Tempted to do this, but I don't really see the point...

I mean, there's the nice box art. And the club nintendo coins. But I don't think I could manage two towns, especially if one is easily accessible and the other I have to insert a cartridge for...

ohlawd

I've been contemplating this for weeks now. It means I would be getting it at 9pm Saturday. But I keep holding out I can find it physical sooner.

Plus, owning the card feels more substantial for some reason.

It sucks that I won't be able to play together with midnightreleaseGAF but I can still play with retailcopyscrubGAF in a couple hours while waiting for my poptart.

Ghost23

I'm already on the form, but feel free to add 4553-9963-5990. I am in a -5 time zone. PM me if you have added me- I have plenty of room on my friend list!

Unicorn

Galaxy 2 is still full price I believe.

But that's a price worth paying for the best last gen game.

Wild World was full price a couple years ago when I bought it new for my ex-gf so we could play.

I spent almost double on the game as what I got the DS Lite for from a coworker at the time.

Proven

It's one of the things I respect about Nintendo, even when it hurts my wallet or makes me hold off on a game. You know they aren't going to drop the price on a game in the next three months so you don't feel screwed for buying day 1. Off the top of my head, Atlus is one of the few other companies that does this.

pariah164

It's one of the things I respect about Nintendo, even when it hurts my wallet or makes me hold off on a game. You know they aren't going to drop the price on a game in the next three months so you don't feel screwed for buying day 1. Off the top of my head, Atlus is one of the few other companies that does this.

I <3 Atlus. I just do. Them and Nintendo are both awesome companies.

subtles

The game is as brilliant as it is charming. It's much better than I had envisioned and I don't think any newcomers would regret getting the game. I'm surprised though that there are no open stations online, and hope that'll change by release. (Opened my gates though!)

Kiryu

I have a question... Why is Animal Crossing: New Leaf $35? I mean I still would have gotten it at $40 for average of all 3DS games.

Salsa

this is a silly reason to "respect" them

I got a 3DS this year, Mario Kart 7 was released almost 3 years ago, everyone moved on (besides random online matches) and if I wanna get it today it would cost me $40

I get that Nintendo doesnt reduce prices because their games always sell, but from a customer perspective there's nothing "good" about it. I'd very well take whatever "I was screwed!" feeling I might have if they drop the price later if it means I can wait on the first party games im not DYING to get and buy them cheaper later. It's silly to try to spin it.

Don't feel like throwing my FC out there but if anyone wants a cool dude to hang out in the world of AC, shoot me a PM. Been playing since the original on GC so, I'm pretty much a veteran up until now with all the new stuff they're throwing in.

A month ago I was thinking "Damn, so close but so damn far." and look where we at now. Well, I say this with almost every game I'm anticipating but finally, the TRUE sequel to Wild World has finally arrived. New Leaf is what the Wii version was supposed to be. But I'm not going there.. It's 2AM, I'm tired.. and I'm excited.

Brawl Tournament on Sat. ACNL on Sunday. E3 starts on Monday. Nintendo's Direct on Tuesday with Smash Bros. E3 madness the rest of the week. Holy shite, what a fantastic week it's going to be :D

So this is will be my first time playing an Animal Crossing game and I wanted to know if it would be better to buy the digital version or physical version. Also any tips for a first timer?

Salsa

I bet you're a nice guy komicturtle but I really can't read anything you write when you distract me with angie varona's tits on my face like that

gosox333

I told myself I'd post in the thread once I've read all the pages. I told myself that two days ago.

What do I even do with my life now?

Unicorn

So this is will be my first time playing an Animal Crossing game and I wanted to know if it would be better to buy the digital version or physical version. Also any tips for a first timer?

Probably digital for access.

Fishing rod is a money maker. Foreign fruit is gold. Replace all trees with foreign fruit (will require a handful of axes). keep 2 or 3 of your native town fruit in case people visit. Also, keep about 15-17 non-fruit bearing trees (preferably pine trees). Shaking trees sometimes drops bells, items, or bees. In Wild World I think 17 trees was the sweet number to always shake a non-fruit tree and have something drop.

I got a 3DS this year, Mario Kart 7 was released almost 3 years ago, everyone moved on (besides random online matches) and if I wanna get it today it would cost me $40
Mario Kart 7 was released merely 18 months ago and hundreds of thousands of people are buying it and playing it for the first time every week on an ongoing basis.

Also it's better now because the online is patched and more reliable, and skill of racers is much stronger so you can be guaranteed to play against people around your skill level and have an enjoyable experience.

Animal Crossing is a great game that can be played in small sessions so buying a digital copy is going to be prefered in that sense and any streetpass heavy title lends itself well to always being on the system.

One upside to having a physical copy is being able to pass around the cart to friends who are going to play in the same village as you. You'd still be able to just pass around or lend your system to friends if you opt to play it this way, but you'll be without your 3DS. Most people are fine with the online play though. I personally enjoy playing asynchronously with my girlfriend in the same village so I may just go physical as much as I would prefer a digital version.

subtles

Assuming you use Club Nintendo, have you reached Platinum? If you would like to save the coins for next year your better off getting the physical version as the digital one automatically registers the coins.

Salsa

Mario Kart 7 was released merely 18 months ago and hundreds of thousands of people are buying it and playing it for the first time every week on an ongoing basis.

Also it's better now because the online is patched and more reliable, and skill of racers is much stronger so you can be guaranteed to play against people around your skill level and have an enjoyable experience.

It's a 2011 title, I know people still play it and mentioned as such, im just saying that it not going on sale EVER for even $30 is the kind of stuff I dont like about Nintendo, specially since now they have the platform to do so (eShop), and the defense for it being "I like it cause you dont feel screwed if you paid $40!" is just silly to me.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Is there like an online guide/program/template for designing flags? I can't for the life of me draw a pawprint for Beaston.

Also, two more days huh?

So do we know the exact timetable for the different ordinances? If I set my town to night owl will that make it forbiddingly inaccessible to people playing on other ordinances, or will it just make it for convenient for people who play later?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Is there like an online guide/program/template for designing flags? I can't for the life of me draw a pawprint for Beaston.

Also, two more days huh?
From ACC
VsjxdTf.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom