• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeZMehK

Today after work, I am going to my local store that sold person 4 golden early to me. Hopefully they would have New Leaf and I could get a copy. *crosses fingers*

Joonytoon

Hi guys which should I play first?

6S27xS1.jpg

I'm from
Singapore

Labrys

I asked this before but I can't rememberrrrrr.....

How long into the game do you need to be before you can use QR codes?
Wanted to do my flag straight away but don't think that's possible...?

You have to befriend Sable before you get access to them. I'd say a week or so of talking to her every day should be enough.

Hi guys which should I play first?

I'd start up AC, play until you run out of things to do for the day and then start up DK. Rinse and repeat.

Kokonoe

Banned
So how do you obtain the
Fi Mask?

I have no idea if that's a spoiler or not, but I think I recall someone saying it was.

Labrys

Kokonoe

Banned
Thanks. I can see how/why people would have a problem with the thread, yeah. I'm just glad it's died down a little, and hopefully will die down a bit more after release.

Fortune cookie. Random.

How do you obtain those? Thanks, by the way.

-EDIT-

Thank you, Samurai_Heart and ramyeon.

ramyeon

So how do you obtain the
Fi Mask?

I have no idea if that's a spoiler or not, but I think I recall someone saying it was.
All Nintendo themed items come from Fortune Cookies bought using 3DS play coins (The ones you get from steps per day).

Labrys

How do you obtain those? Thanks, by the way.

-EDIT-

Thank you, Samurai_Heart and ramyeon.

Oh, jeez, sorry, I totally forgot people don't know specifics like that. I guess that's just the sleep deprivation kicking in.

But, yeah, like they said, you get fortune cookies from Nookling Junction for 2 play coins.

Linius

I really need to get DKC: R. Too many 3DS games! Project X-Zone is out soon too.

I bought LM: 2 and DKC: Returns already. Animal Crossing is next up so I got a free game then as well. And Mario & Luigi RPG is being released in july already. Luckily after that the next game I'm interested in is Pokémon which is still a long time away. Year of the 3DS!

BooJoh

Since we're talking about fortune cookies anyway...

Is there really any reason to stock up on play coins? If you can only ever get two fortune cookies per day, then that means you just need 4 of your 10 daily coins for AC, correct?

I've been stocking up but I'm so far behind on puzzle swap that I'd love to buy a bunch of puzzle pieces.

Linius

Is there really any reason to stock up on play coins? If you can only ever get two fortune cookies per day, then that means you just need 4 of your 10 daily coins for AC, correct?

I've been stocking up but I'm so far behind on puzzle swap that I'd love to buy a bunch of puzzle pieces.

Yeah, there's really no need to do that.

ramyeon

If you take your 3DS out everywhere with you than theoretically you're right, you don't. Unless you want to go to other towns and buy theirs (If they let you) or you don't take your 3DS out every day and want some spare just in case.

At first I think you can only buy 1 cookie per day anyway.

Kokonoe

Banned
Thanks for all the help, appreciate it.

Honestly can't wait to play this game, this is really the sequel I've been looking for since the Gamecube days. I didn't reserve the poptart, but luckily I know of a place that'll have em. I managed to snag the Zelda 3DS 2-3 months after it came out there.

Oh, jeez, sorry, I totally forgot people don't know specifics like that. I guess that's just the sleep deprivation kicking in.

But, yeah, like they said, you get fortune cookies from Nookling Junction for 2 play coins.

It happens, don't worry about! Thanks again.

What was the site you can upload pics through the 3DS with again? I know someone mentioned it earlier, but I can't find it now. :(

Guys, don't use the old AnicroDesapro for New Leaf. The pattern system is massively different now and you're not longer limited to the old colour pallettes, which Anicro still uses.

If you want a pattern creator for New Leaf, use http://app.nicofinder.net/tobimy/2/

Hmm... This thing keep rotating the pictures I'm testing it with and making it all weird. What am I doing wrong?

Blueblur1

Alright, so I just gave in and pre-ordered a the LE 3DS XL from GameStop. If they won't have enough to fulfill my order I'll be okay with the Blue/Black one I've avoided opening.

zigg

So I guess I'm the next one on the hate list.

Was picking up yogurt, swung by electronics, inquired, and there we go…

Having played the digital version for a few weeks now, I can absolutely tell you that I'd now never consider buying this on cartridge. I don't totally trust Nintendo's download system, but for Animal Crossing, having it always on your 3DS and easily accessible is definitely the way to go.
Meh. It's not the OMG NO ACCOUNT system I care about, it's the quality of save hardware. I don't trust SD, even the quality card that I have. And save data—particularly for a game like Animal Crossing—has long trumped other concerns for me.

Linius

First time I noticed that Eiffel Tower like red tower on the box art. Pokémon is also Paris themed. What's up with that? :p

zigg

First time I noticed that Eiffel Tower like red tower on the box art. Pokémon is also Paris themed. What's up with that? :p
Heh. Well, in the Animal Crossing case, it's simply that there is just about any theme you could possibly want in there somewhere.

So I guess I'm the next one on the hate list.

Was picking up yogurt, swung by electronics, inquired, and there we go…

Meh. It's not the OMG NO ACCOUNT system I care about, it's the quality of save hardware. I don't trust SD, even the quality card that I have. And save data—particularly for a game like Animal Crossing—has long trumped other concerns for me.

Argh, this is just making the wait that much harder for us EU people... :p

I really don't look forward to the flood of questions on how to unlock various things.

"I've been stuck with the same Nook shop for 2 months now! What do I need to do?!"

"I can't use QR codes!"

"Wait, there's a dance club in town? How do I get into it?"

All asked 3 times a day by various people.

I just went through the GFAQs guide and copied all of that stuff into a doc for myself so I always know what my next goal is.

cacildo

I need some info.... i really dont know how to ask...

The thing is, i live in brasil.

My 3ds is set for the Canadian Eshop

The canadian eshop says we will have Animal Crossing midnight june 9, like the US

Question: how many hours left?

Im really terrible when it comes to timezones....

Animekatt

I need some info.... i really dont know how to ask...

The thing is, i live in brasil.

My 3ds is set for the Canadian Eshop

The canadian eshop says we will have Animal Crossing midnight june 9, like the US

Question: how many hours left?

Im really terrible when it comes to timezones....

Should be 1AM for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom