• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just realized for all of us getting this game at midnight... what the hell are we going to do on our first play session? We'll move in and plant the ceremonial tree and then... TA DA TIME TO WANDER AROUND AIMLESSLY UNTIL NOOKLING JUNCTION OPENS!

Every shop will be closed. We will have no tools. The villagers will head back to bed. We'll be able to run around our town with no motive, just waiting for the sunrise.

And you know what? It's still going to be freaking glorious. I'll probably scrawl some eclectic and insane notes on the bulletin board like the insane madman my character will be at the time. He will be engaging in an explosion of hype-release without any way to focus the energy.

Aggrotek

So I just realized for all of us getting this game at midnight... what the hell are we going to do on our first play session? We'll move in and plant the ceremonial tree and then... TA DA TIME TO WANDER AROUND AIMLESSLY UNTIL NOOKLING JUNCTION OPENS!

Every shop will be closed. We will have no tools. The villagers will head back to bed. We'll be able to run around our town with no motive, just waiting for the sunrise.

And you know what? It's still going to be freaking glorious. I'll probably scrawl some eclectic and insane notes on the bulletin board like the insane madman my character will be at the time. He will be engaging in an explosion of hype-release without any way to focus the energy.

You can work on your town tune and flag maybe?

Tiktaalik

Is the island open from day one? Even though one can't accomplish anything so early in the game without any bells, at the very least I'd be fun to play some of those mini games.

Kevitivity

I'm really enjoying all the swap notes everyone, but at this rate my 32gb mem card is going to fill up and I wont have room to download the game! (jk).

Back to watching people play the game on Twitch...

This is exactly why I'm probably going to buy the game at midnight but wait to actually play it until the morning! A new Animal Crossing town is really best first experienced in the daytime anyway.

Is the island open from day one? Even though one can't accomplish anything so early in the game without any bells, at the very least I'd be fun to play some of those mini games.

It's not, unfortunately.

Labrys

No, it takes a little while to open up. You have to pay off your house, and I think it's available a day or two after.

Anyone getting the guide? I got it for $12 off Amazon. Will probably look at it for furniture sets and design ideas. Loved the Wild World guide.

Added everyone since my previous post! So excited to exchange fruit, and play all day! I will be online all day Sunday, bring your fruits with you! I will indeed do the same!

Salsa

I abandoned swapnote for a couple days and now it's probably impossible to come back. I'll probably have 200+ notes and the idea of looking through them sounds exhausting

They really need a proper messaging system. Animal Crossing would have been a proper alternative had they not removed sending letters cross town.

Insanus

Neo Member
Less than 24 hours!!!

Pinch me, I am dreaming!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Also, thanks for all the FC adds AC community!

What should I do first in New Leaf?

What are you fellow Mayors going to do first?

(PS. pm me if your FC and I'll add you, if anyone else is interested! the more the merrier.)

Labrys

They really need a proper messaging system. Animal Crossing would have been a proper alternative had they not removed sending letters cross town.

I don't have a WiiU, but on the Miiverse is there something like a message sender? It's coming to the 3DS eventually, so we may be getting one.

K' Dash

I want to add everyone, but there's no spreadsheet for this game in the OT? how are you adding all the people?

FC: 0318-6957-0602

I don't have a WiiU, but on the Miiverse is there something like a message sender? It's coming to the 3DS eventually, so we may be getting one.

Yeah, hopefully they shed light on Nintendo Network for 3DS. I thought Iwata said it was coming later this year. Miiverse and Pokemon are a dynamic duo. Surprised AC New Leaf did not get prioritized for Miiverse.

I need to watch more video reviews to help the time go by faster D: Any got anymore video reviews(other than GT, IGN and GameXPlain)?

cluderi

I couldn't hold out for a physical version here so I'm going digital on my US console.

FC 1478 - 3647 - 4696 if anyone around a +10 timezone(Aus) wants a US town.

Elija2

Yeah, hopefully they shed light on Nintendo Network for 3DS. I thought Iwata said it was coming later this year. Miiverse and Pokemon are a dynamic duo. Surprised AC New Leaf did not get prioritized for Miiverse.

I'm sure that once Nintendo releases Miiverse for 3DS they'll give all of their older games a community.

Dawn of the Final Day folks....

Dawn of the Final Fucking Day
have to wait until 11am Sunday :(

edit: Guess I was late, but whatever.

And I hope Nook has an axe in stock Saturday or Sunday. Wanna give that bitch from the fountain a piece of my mind

Labrys

Who is this person you speak of? :eek:

In City Folk a little chihuahua dog thing came out of the city fountain if you threw your axe in it. You had a, like, 8% chance to get the golden/silver axe from her, and it was really rigged.
She's not back, though! Hoorayyyyyyy

newsguy

While I'm sure most of you already own 3DS's, I am picking one up for this game. I wanted to give those in the same boat a heads up. Best Buy will be selling the special edition bundle on Sunday. Unfortunately I'm over 30 and the look of that model would get me ridiculed or be stolen by a tween girl. They're also dropping the price of the other XL colors to $175. This means that you get the game and system for $210, $10 less than the "free candy" limited edition bundle. Very excited to play my first Animal Crossing since the Gamecube.

While I'm sure most of you already own 3DS's, I am picking one up for this game. I wanted to give those in the same boat a heads up. Best Buy will be selling the special edition bundle on Sunday. Unfortunately I'm over 30 and the look of that model would get me ridiculed or be stolen by a tween girl. They're also dropping the price of the other XL colors to $175. This means that you get the game and system for $210, $10 less than the "free candy" limited edition bundle. Very excited to play my first Animal Crossing since the Gamecube.

Care less what people think of you. Strangers who don't know you and judge you based on a piece of technology or game don't have valuable opinions.

3 years. 3 fucking years. Nintendo should learn not to announce stuff so early :/

I wanna say since 2006. All the features in NL for the most part were promised for Wii's Animal Crossing. This iteration has been a long time coming before 2010. Happy it is here.

Labrys

You'll have a great time, especially jumping from CG to NL. Sooooo many improvements!

Care less what people think of you. Strangers who don't know you and judge you based on a piece of technology or game don't have valuable opinions.

Not only that, but people will likely assume you're picking it up for someone else, and if they ask and it bothers you, you can say something like you're getting it for a daughter/son/niece/nephew/etc.

evanmisha

According to the treehouse videos, you can set your town's sleep schedule.

have to wait until 11am Sunday :(

LJnfS6Q.jpg

Got a countdown going on my phone.

1 day 10 hours.

Bururian

I abandoned swapnote for a couple days and now it's probably impossible to come back. I'll probably have 200+ notes and the idea of looking through them sounds exhausting

I dropped mine for a year, came back and had nearly 1,000 notes. I just deleted the app. Oh well.

Not only that, but people will likely assume you're picking it up for someone else, and if they ask and it bothers you, you can say something like you're getting it for a daughter/son/niece/nephew/etc.

Never had anyone ask me why I'm purchasing anything. People that nosey? I'd tell them that "Yes, its for myself. Is there a problem". I mean, if they are curious and want to start a conversation on the product because maybe they are interested in it themselves, then no problem. But to ask and pretend they care and only want to make fun of me, well, that's unacceptable. Alas, who cares. I'm going to have a blast with my game, and they can be miserable PABs :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom