• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramyeon

oh so why shouldn't I download the digital version then I guess is the question lol
Some people are worried that SD cards will die after a certain about of data is written and you'll lose your saves, but that's a non issue imo. I've used SD cards with DSLR cameras which write a tonne more data than save files a lot more frequently for years and never had issues with them. It'd take a hell of a lot of use to kill it.

I'd say go for digital, this is the perfect game for it.

What are the benefits of adding people to my friends list for this game? I spent an hour or so adding a bunch of GAFfers for Monster Hunter on Wii U and only saw maybe 6 of them play regularly. I imagine there is an asynchronous aspect to it all outside of actually going into each others towns and trading?

MicH

How are you guys so good at making town tunes? I'm not even sure how to start if I want to make a song into a town tune :p

Eusis

oh so why shouldn't I download the digital version then I guess is the question lol
You plan to replace your 3DS every few months (it's a 5 transfer limit period, but who knows if they'll ever patch in a proper account system as we want it) or you really want your case?

There's an issue with being able to switch your cart between consoles, but with the online I imagine that'd get messy.
Some people are worried that SD cards will die after a certain about of data is written and you'll lose your saves, but that's a non issue imo. I've used SD cards with DSLR cameras which write a tonne more data than save files a lot more frequently for years and never had issues with them. It'd take a hell of a lot of use to kill it.

I'd say go for digital, this is the perfect game for it.
You can (and honestly probably should) do backups of the SD Card to your computer anyway, so that's an argument that can be inverted quite easily.

Shoyz

Phew, so it is 1 hour?
Got afraid they were using PST time. I'd not be happy waiting til 3AM!

You plan to replace your 3DS every few months (it's a 5 transfer limit period, but who knows if they'll ever patch in a proper account system as we want it) or you really want your case?

I was under the impression that 5 limit applied to the 'To' 3DS, and that you'd only ever hit 4 if you kept transferring to new ones. Weird.

Edit: Can't pre-charge exactly $35? Hope the time I take to add funds won't get me a bad DL speed..

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Being able to have Blathers check multiple fossils at a time, and accept them for donation at the same time is a GAME CHANGER.

ramyeon

There's an issue with being able to switch your cart between consoles, but with the online I imagine that'd get messy.

You can (and honestly probably should) do backups of the SD Card to your computer anyway, so that's an argument that can be inverted quite easily.
You can back up but apparently the way NL handles save data won't let you bring it over again unless it's the most recent save you made, meaning you would have to back up after every single save.

But like I said, it would take a lot for your SD card to die.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I haven't been paying too much attention to this game, but is the town theme editor basically the same in this one? I was hoping for a few more options.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Awesome...

zzQGbas.jpg

Hope you guys get to meet Big Top - he's pretty rad. Calls me "villain."

Out of my 9 residents I only have 3 I like.

Yukimi.jpg

Flurry. One of the new Hamsters, and adorable.

Apollo.gif

Apollo. America, FUCK YEAH!

Freckles3.gif

Freckles - She's funny

NewSquirrel-1-.jpg

Kind of indifferent on Marshal.

Screw these guys. Move out, and get me one of the new Deer characters!
Robin.gif

Screw you Robin
Frobert.gif

And you Frobert
Moose.gif

And you moose
BeFunky_Delhi_da_Monkey.jpg

and you Deli
Cherry_%28villager%29.png

Annoying monkeys...

elohel

would that entail just copying the files to a folder(osx user here)?

subtles

A friend of mine wanted me to find Gurren Lagann related qr codes. I only found one costume, which struck me as odd. It will be interesting to see how the community's overall body of work changes now that it'll be released in the west.

This was my initial town tune before I thought of something original. What I really want though is the Sherlock theme.

ramyeon

would that entail just copying the files to a folder(osx user here)?
Yes, but as I said before:
You can back up but apparently the way NL handles save data won't let you bring it over again unless it's the most recent save you made, meaning you would have to back up after every single save.

But like I said, it would take a lot for your SD card to die.

A friend of mine wanted me to find Gurren Lagann related qr codes. I only found one costume, which struck me as odd. It will be interesting to see how the community's overall body of work changes now that it'll be released in the west.

This was my initial town tune before I thought of something original. What I really want though is the Sherlock theme.

Link to the Gurren Lagann QR? Cause that sounds awesome.

MicH

Yukimi.jpg

Apollo.gif

Freckles3.gif

Freckles - She's funny

NewSquirrel-1-.jpg

Robin.gif

Screw you Robin
Frobert.gif

And you Frobert
Moose.gif

And you moose
BeFunky_Delhi_da_Monkey.jpg

and you Deli
Cherry_%28villager%29.png

Annoying monkeys...
Marshal is the cutest thing I've ever seen

Doorman

Freckles - She's funny

Screw you Robin
And you Frobert
And you moose
and you Deli
Annoying monkeys...

My only real wish for this game is that my old buddy Cube from back in the Gamecube Animal Crossing somehow makes his way to my new town. Otherwise I'm fine with a totally new cast to be annoyed by.

Timeless

Can I switch the AC NL cartridge between two 3DS units? My brother and I have separate 3DS's but are sharing a cartridge (hopefully).

FC: 4639-9162-4243

I'll add mine to the official list once I download the game tonight, but if anyone from GAF wants to add me feel free (or send Swapnotes xd).

Going to be fun playing AC again, last time was the GCN version.

Cheebo

Banned
My only real wish for this game is that my old buddy Cube from back in the Gamecube Animal Crossing somehow makes his way to my new town. Otherwise I'm fine with a totally new cast to be annoyed by.

Yes! I love Cube. If I get him I'd make that ugly stretched out GCN logo shirt that he wore in Animal Crossing on GameCube.

Kiryu

I personally can't decide for town tune but I want to know.
What is their people's favorite All the time "Legend of Zelda" song or "Pokemon" song all the time.

I won't mind if anyone have that town tune for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom