• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gvaz

Banned
tumblr_mofoovCZRQ1qzrwpzo1_400.jpg

two half sets!

XVIwJ7Ml.jpg

In case you're wondering what my #1 game is

I22D5Qol.jpg

Animal Crossing!

Koren

Damnit.. 80 points for the bug prize and I get 79 for my highest :(

curse you.... you colourless butterfly
Those black, blue and fushia butterfly :
agrias-claudina-02_71251_1.jpg

are quite common and often go over the 80 (I've got a 92 currently).

Technically, I have a birdwing, but I would like to avoid giving it for the competition and putting it in the museum instead. do you win anything really interesting by getting the highest score once you pass 80 ?

MrForgetful

Neo Member
Is the Birdwing Butterfly the best bug? Currently in the lead with 123 points with this.

BMzMRHUCYAAeFJQ.jpg:large

Havnt found anything better than a Birdwing yet though.

Salsa

I showed him 30 bugs

all 100+

none enough for record

record is 22

if I cant win this because of a glitch im gonna be fucking pissed

afoni

Banned
Jip? ;)

You'll win it with that score.

Yes, I called you Jip. Something about your username has stirred thoughts in my head.

Plus I have someone called Resistance100 on my PSN friend list and I know that guy as Jip. One of the two.

Might have met him on some random Nintendo forum. He pushed me into finally buying a Final Fantasy. Swell guy.

Also, I got a Samus helmet today:

tumblr_mofjbw1fq61spc5nfo1_400.jpg

It is pretty swish.

Randdalf

I'm currently at 81 points in the Bug Off, any score in particular I should be aiming for? I assume the only strategy here is to get lucky.

JoV

It appears my village is swarming with tarantula's. Never even seen one before in previous games, but have caught two in my first night on this. At 8000 bells each, I ain't complaining, even though I really don't like spiders....

I won the bug-off with about 83 points, so that should do.

YES. shook tree. beehive drop. i run. as i was changing equipments the bee swerved back each time i did. when i pulled out the net i caught my bee <3

got lucky this time.

rouken

guys, you can also go to the island to get bugs :)

Technically, I have a birdwing, but I would like to avoid giving it for the competition and putting it in the museum instead. do you win anything really interesting by getting the highest score once you pass 80 ?

You can still get furniture from the bug series by constantly passing your score. It's too late for me to realize that because I've given him the largest bug I own.

Also beetles give you more score than any insect in the town except for maybe birdwing, my horned hercules gave me 136 pts.

How long does it take until you win the bug off? Do you have to wait for 6pm?

Yeah, the awarding ceremony will happen after 6pm.

Man you guys are making me all paranoid with the bug catching contest. I have like 7 or 8 bugs in increasing sizes all stashed up in my home.
I don't think any of them are going to break the 100pt barrier but we'll see. Maybe I'll get lucky during the day.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Ow bollocks the connection is being stupid right now.

Gonna try later.

Anyways, anyone here can be kind enough to put a screenshot about the pattern I should be looking for if I want to look for fossils to dig? Need money etc.

Salsa

the motherfucker finally gave it to me at 140 points

THE RECORD WAS 22

some serious god damn bug going on, no pun intended

Pachimari

The villagers, the conversations you have with them? I think? I don't know, the game is just so cheerful and lively that one must be a grouch not to like it. It's light hearted and almost everything has something happy or cheerful about it.

I don't have an axe, but I do have a net for you!
I will add you in a minute! My FC is 2234-7257-0692.
I don't need a shovel or the bells, but if you have some fruit other than apples you can miss, that would be just fine.
If not, that's okay too. :)
Can you chat with other people online when you are hanging out with them?

rouken

So if I jump on my 3DS at 8pm, it'll just do the ceremony? Am I right?

Well, I think it will because the tent will still be there. You have to go inside to initiate the ceremony after 6pm.

Do I have to catch another bug to be sure or 92 is an acceptable quota?

I think its an acceptable score, the 2nd place in my town was only 86. But you can still pass your high score so that you can get more bug furniture from nat.

Fuck this. It's the bug-off, and I don't have a net. I've had the game for like 4-5 days, and every day Timmy and Tommy are selling a fishing rod and a shovel. No net.

I had one for about an hour that I bought from the town hall and sold it by accident.

Is the stuff for sale at Nooklings just random? Am I just having bad luck in seeing the same things every day?

Is there a way I could go to someone else's town to buy one?

Fuck this. It's the bug-off, and I don't have a net. I've had the game for like 4-5 days, and every day Timmy and Tommy are selling a fishing rod and a shovel. No net.

I had one for about an hour that I bought from the town hall and sold it by accident.

Is the stuff for sale at Nooklings just random? Am I just having bad luck in seeing the same things every day?

Is there a way I could go to someone else's town to buy one?

I think you can buy one off the Bug guy?

Westraid

Aw, looking through this thread I guess I better forget about winning.
I stuffed my house with bugs but none of them will net enough points.
I'll just turn them in from smallest to largest size for the items later.

Yay! first place with 86 points and I won a ladybug chair!

Thanks again for the net, Westraid!
Not a problem at all, I had fun! :)
Unq.jpg

zroid

Banned
Ok, so you can submit as many bugs as you want? Is it just the best one overall from the entire pool of bugs submitted will win?

I guess you don't get them back, right. Ehh, I'll just give one of my Oak Silk Moths. Thankfully I got two last night, so one can still go in the museum.

Jintor

Wait, do i need to give out my friend code to other people for them to register as full friends instead of provisional friends? It doesn't just send them an invite automatically? :T

I know the Bug-Off is the big thing today but can anyone explain the Happy Home Showcase to me?

I tried it out twice since it unlocked but no houses are showing up. Is anything supposed to be showing up? Are they StreetPass houses or something? I don't really get it.

Also, this morning, I got a Metroid and they were selling a Wario hat in my clothing shop. Snatched that up quick, haha.

Mokaman51

Neo Member
Just downloaded the game for the Australian release... Having fun so far! It took me the whole day to decide if I should get it, because reviews didn't explain the key aspects of New Leaf like I wanted them too. It's hard to explain, because I became addicted to the Wii version and eventually got bored, now after a few years, I have forgotten the reason I enjoyed that game... Then I remembered a moment playing the Wii version when someone in my town left, it was so sad for me... Things like that, it tricks you into caring for these digital people... I realised that this is going to be the perfect game to play when I am waiting for something like a bus to catch, or a download to finish, or when I am bored, stressed, or just want to achieve my unlimited amount of goals in Animal Crossing.

EDIT: now realising today was the Bug-Off, I should of bought it earlier today...

Gvaz

Banned
Wait, do i need to give out my friend code to other people for them to register as full friends instead of provisional friends? It doesn't just send them an invite automatically? :T

You have to give your FC, and then you have to enter your friend's FC. There is no other way.

I know the Bug-Off is the big thing today but can anyone explain the Happy Home Showcase to me?

I tried it out twice since it unlocked but no houses are showing up. Is anything supposed to be showing up? Are they StreetPass houses or something? I don't really get it.

Yes, they're StreetPass houses. In the future NoA will also be sending out SpotPass houses for it since Streetpasses are rarer in the US.

rouken

Ok, so you can submit as many bugs as you want? Is it just the best one overall from the entire pool of bugs submitted will win?

I guess you don't get them back, right. Ehh, I'll just give one of my Oak Silk Moths. Thankfully I got two last night, so one can still go in the museum.

Yep, you can submit as many bugs as you want until 6pm. The bugs will be assessed one by one as you give it to him.

zroid

Banned
Is the Birdwing Butterfly the best bug? Currently in the lead with 123 points with this.

BMzMRHUCYAAeFJQ.jpg:large

Havnt found anything better than a Birdwing yet though.

BMzUCG5CIAA5Hak.jpg:large

(..i have ugly villagers)

So... does this mean Horned Hercules are better than Birdwings? Birdwings are way bigger technically, but I suppose it's beating it on other merits. Hmm...

Yep, you can submit as many bugs as you want until 6pm. The bugs will be assessed one by one as you give it to him.

Got it, thanks!

daydream

Banned
I'm the current record holder (emperor butterfly, 91 points) and I still have a peacock butterfly, a lantern fly and an oak silk moth in reserve. Wondering if I should give him the silk moth and secure first place or wait and see if someone comes up with something better (since I'd rather keep the moth for the museum).

Nopren

Would anyone here with an animal crossing registration code for club nintendo, be interested in parting with it? Forgot to change my region to UK before I bought the digital version, and now it doesn't seem to count toward my "So many games! promotion". Might have something in my steam inventory I could trade for it.
Or you could get my Monster Hunter: Gift & Hunt Together Promotion code for it.

Bumhead

Banned
Where do you pay off your mortgage? Tom Nook has just told me in game to go to the bell office or something, but I don't know where that is and can't seem to find it. I'm probably missing something really stupid but still..

Where do you pay off your mortgage? Tom Nook has just told me in game to go to the bell office or something, but I don't know where that is and can't seem to find it. I'm probably missing something really stupid but still..

Post Office. To the immediate right of Nook's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom