• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Forgive me if this is obvious, but if I want to trade with someone do I leave stuff in the locker at the station for them, or actually meet up in their or my town and drop the item for them?

Apologies, I'm new to AC...

Just walk into town and drop stuff on the ground. That way the other can grab it.

Closets and other sorts of places where you can store items work in a way that only you can see your own items. That way others can't steal your stuff.

Are the bugs from the island valid for the Bug-Off contest as well?

Yup.

rcl66

Okay, so I'm in first place currently with a 71 point Agrias Butterfly.

In my house, I have a Birdwing, a Raja B Butterfly, a Horned Atlas, a Horned Elephant, a Goliath Beetle and a Cyclommatus Stag.

Has anyone got any idea what order I should submit them in order to capitalize on gifts from Leif? I've already come into first place twice, but the prizes he gave me are ass.

All I know is I submitted a Raja B Butterfly early before I knew how it worked and have a score of 101 and am still in 1st place.

I think the loud SLUUUUUUUURP is a giveaway. His plan is pretty brilliant, you must admit.

urrg just noticed his wording a bit more, not sure if the first prize was worth it got up to 102
with a birdwing time to give my bugs to the museum unless there is a rare prize this hungry guy gives

Linius

I feel like tomorrow is going to be a good day. The first house expansion should be ready. Kapp'n should be at my dock to take me to the island. I reckon my pears will finally be back and I think the first trees with foreign fruit should be good now as well. Things are beginning to shape. Now only that last ten percent mayor approval...

Duster

So Nat is eating all the entries, right?

uk41.jpg

Gregorn

How do I add more 'greenery'? I've put flower types together in hope of creating hybrids, I assume it works the same as Wild World. That'll take ages though.

My friend code is...
0516-7743-5681
...if anyone wants to add me.

Linius

How do I add more 'greenery'? I've put flower types together in hope of creating hybrids, I assume it works the same as Wild World. That'll take ages though.

My friend code is...
0516-7743-5681
...if anyone wants to add me.

Hypbrids appear when you plant flowers of the same sort or color next to each other with space around them to produce a new hybrid flower as far as I know.

Coquette

I can't wait to do the bug thing but apparently I screwed up and have to wait until tomorrow. I don't know how/when my day got changed but my game thinks it's still the 14th. :(

Elija2

Aw yeah, I got a four-leaf clover! It's not really helping me catch any good bugs though. I'm wearing it in my hair, but I kinda miss my balloon hat.

Liberty4all

Banned
Holy fuck 373 pages. Is the game that good? I haven't played an animal crossing since the GameCube one. it was ok but eventually I got bored. Is it more of the same?

Haha, had been talking to all the villagers as Isabelle said it would help my rating, and now they're all making snide comments about me spending too much time with them. Whoops!

But, got a watering can and a foreign fruit from her so those are planted. Fingers crossed for big profits.

Westraid

I just caught a Shark and a Saw Shark to go with the Hammerhead Shark I got yesterday.
Love adjusting the camera to look at the aquarium from my character's view.

Super excited to go to the island tomorrow.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Did not know you could get more then 100 points. Got 105 Points from a nice looking Stag Beetle. I was worried when a bunch of my B class bugs couldn't beat out my really large C Class Lantern Bug that got 93 points.

Now I just need to get anther floor on my house so I can make a room for all my crappy prizes to taunt Forkball with.

Edit: 111! Whooo.

Gregorn

Holy fuck 373 pages. Is the game that good? I haven't played an animal crossing since the GameCube one. it was ok but eventually I got bored. Is it more of the same?

Keep coming back to this thread and you might eventually have the desire to play it yourself. At its core it's the same as the original, except with a hell of a lot more content, including online multiplayer.

Unicorn

That's beautiful! And a good idea to boot.
Thanks! Currently making orange tulips. I have 2 axes now and want to clear out a few trees. This will eventually be an expansive botanical garden thing. Also need to start making a cobblestone path or find a decent QR one. Something that looks natural like mostly exposed stones.

This is the first time I've really put effort into gardening. All other iterations I focused on other aspects.

I really don't want to give the guy my birdwing butterfly. I'm already at first place with 85 points (emperor butterfly) is that a safe place to stop?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think you are likely to win with 85 points, but you will very likely trump that score with the Birdwing and get anther Bugoff item.

I really don't want to give the guy my birdwing butterfly. I'm already at first place with 85 points (emperor butterfly) is that a safe place to stop?

That should be good enough, but I wouldn't worry about giving away your Birdwing. I've caught like 7 or 8 of them today on the island so they're not exactly uncommon there.

Coquette

Why does my chick come out of her house sometimes and yawn or sweat or something? I can't figure out exactly what she's doing but I've seen it happen like twice so far.

Delio

I got to 129 with my Oak Silk Moth yet my beetles for lower scores heh. Not really feeling the bug items tho so im done with that. Now that I have a Fountain I need to work on the pattern of flowers around it.

Unicorn

Is it after 7 PM in anyone's town? I'd really like t go tothe island to beetle hunt. Only got a beetle chair and a snail clock. Current record holder is a cyclommatus stag at 128. My gold stag and Hercules were subpar and couldn't beat it.

exfatal

I'd like to add everyone as well, head to some towns or something.

FC: FC: 1461-6195-0867
Anybody on right now that can spare oranges? I've got pears and cherries atm (peaches, bananas, and apples currently growing though).
Thanks!

My town is open, should anyone want to visit! Few pears around.

I've literally just started playing a few hours ago, though: 0576-4101-9322
Can I visit anyone? 4210-5294-6666 is my FC!

Added you guys feel free to add me back. Also PM you guys to let you no.
my fc is 3437-4410-3259

btw anyone got a spare Axe i can buy or trade oranges for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom