• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablos54

So this is my first Animal Crossing, wasn't really sure if I was going to like it.

So far I've somehow become mayor, planted a tree, brought a house (Sorta), ran around shaking tress and selling peaches, brought a shovel and fishing rod, was given a net and came third in a bug hunting contest, dug up some fossils, ran through too many flowers, talked to the residents (One gave me a shirt!), went to the beach and picked up some shells, then sold some stuff and took some to a museum. Still needed like 3000 bells to put down a deposit so I went fishing again. I sold one for 10,000! And now finally that damn Nook has his money.

It's crazy, but it's good!

Hela

Hi guys,
I'm a euro, this is my first Animal Crossing ever and it'd be nice to play with some people who know what they're doing.
My FC - 0705-2739-5717, just pm me after with yours.

Also, a dumb question - what do I do with all the QR codes? Camera app doesn't recognize them, is there a menu in game to do that?

Is there a trick to finding interesting bugs? I never seem to find anything other than butterflies and Mosquitos.

And the island just opened up for me today. Can I catch bugs there for the contest? And can I go any time I want after today?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Hi guys,
I'm a euro, this is my first Animal Crossing ever and it'd be nice to play with some people who know what they're doing.
My FC - 0705-2739-5717, just pm me after with yours.

Also, a dumb question - what do I do with all the QR codes? Camera app doesn't recognize them, is there a menu in game to do that?
Talk to the sewing machine Able Sister everyday and you'll unlock it sooner or later.

Hi,

Noob AC player here..

anyone in need of a bug net or shovel? I would love to buy a fishing rod, axe or sling shot in someone's town.

I'm 3652-1612-6002

I will have some apples soon by the way, but I sold of the entire first batch.. :(

I don't need either, but my shop has a fishing rod for sale. I'll grab it if you want to come by. My FC is 0001-3321-1065. Send me a PM and I'll open my gate if I'm home. May step out for a bit though.

Marvie_3

Banned
Is there a trick to finding interesting bugs? I never seem to find anything other than butterflies and Mosquitos.

And the island just opened up for me today. Can I catch bugs there for the contest? And can I go any time I want after today?

Yes and yes.

Got a ton of money saved up to buy turnips tomorrow. :D

Tunic

Got a birdwing butterfly which increased my score to 121 points from 120 points. I had a left over oak silk moth from the island last night that gave me the initial 120 points. Received a beetle chair and butterfly wall as the prizes so far.

Stupid Bug-Off! I gave him a birdwing and a rainbow stag and both had low luster so the points were real low. I could have sold them for a ton of money if I didn't :(

Tenck

I won the Bug-Off yay.

Any tips on finishing the town permit? I have 80% from 60 today but won't go higher. Is there a cap?

talk to animals non-stop. I had like 67 percent, and just didn't want to slowly keep working at it till the next day. Kept talking to animals, did some favors, and BOOM! I got approved.

ohlawd

err yesterday I got two errors and my game had to restart back to the 3DS home screen.

Both instances were during local island stuff Has anyone got this?

Digital or cart, guys?

For my personally, it's dat digital convenience. Especially as AC will be a long-term game playing investment. Lets face it, AC will probably keep its price for a while, so why not go digital? As other titles come out, you can buy on cart but still have AC on standby. You don't wanna be digging through a bag for a cart when you got dat fruit to tend to son.

Roto13

I would only say physical if this was your first Animal Crossing game and you think there's a good chance you won't like it.

Caught an Oak Silk Moth worth 93 points! Think that will hold up??

I caught a ton of other beasties (Giant, Rainbow) last night on the island, but I'd rather donate them . . .

Currently at 110 for a birdwing butterfly. May look again shortly before six for giggles.

Thanks for stopping by, Marv! Unexpected company for the win! :)

How do you activate Street Pass in the game? The manual says you go to the back gate of the village and talk to someone. There is nobody there for me. Any ideas?

How do you activate Street Pass in the game? The manual says you go to the back gate of the village and talk to someone. There is nobody there for me. Any ideas?

One time I booted up the game and where Isabelle went to set up my town, I think another character had asked if I wanted to activate StreetPass. This was a few days since I started the game.

Major thanks to exfatal for the oranges, btw!

Feel like I sent in Mariano Rivera to close this one down.

rS7gIobl.jpg

OwlyKnees

Digital or cart, guys?

Physical.

I saved £12 by getting it from ShopTo (£26 currently plus the £2 credit I had on my account) compared to £35.99 on the eShop. I'm aware that GAME offer digital download codes for less, but it still works out as more. I'll take the cart swapping for that kind of saving.

Chorazin

Is It done in the post office ? Sure that's when it asked me, as I was checking for the present.

At a certain point in the game there'll be another poodle hanging out at the archway in the middle of the shops area. Talk to him and it'll turn on StreetPass!

Scoot2005

Banned
Teddy just gave me a bow and arrow display for a Honeybee!!!! FUCKIN SWEET!!!!

Edit - Wrong... Something about aura's. STILL GOT A BOW!!!! DANCES!!!!

I take this Phineas guy is Animals Crossings achievments. He just appeared in my town and gave me a badge.

BM0xi0hCMAAsxud.jpg

Does kind of mean i've spend too much time fishing lol

Oxx

That probably explains why i haven't seen any AC streetpass action despite passing quite a few people recently.

zroid

Banned
I bought physical, and made the decision that if I'm still playing this game when Pokémon comes out, I'll buy a digital copy as well.

iMarkyP

Neo Member
Does anyone have the link for the site that allows you to generate town songs ? I'm sure I saw it in this thread, but can't find it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom