• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Labrys

Thanks!

Thanks, that is just too good. Didn't realize AC was this deep.

I recently made a path set, too. It's kinda time consuming, but it looks nice in the end.
tumblr_mogluio5QZ1r79ze4o1_400.jpg

Also, won the Bug-Off:
tumblr_moglw2XJ601r79ze4o1_400.jpg

And made a cut-out design! It's Kululu from Sgt. Frog.
tumblr_moglxeAi6T1r79ze4o1_400.jpg

Rubixcuba

Banned
Never played an Animal Crossing before, but oh my wow its so addictive. FC is: 4811 7058 7854, would appreciate visiting some other towns :D

The post count is incredible too guys! Nearly time for OT2 !

Linius

I recently made a path set, too. It's kinda time consuming, but it looks nice in the end.
tumblr_mogluio5QZ1r79ze4o1_400.jpg

Your path looks so good. Did you make the pattern yourself? I need to dive in to making stuff like that.

How can I sell stuff when my town's shops are shut? Can I do it in another town?

Yup, only option you have. AC is just like real life, when the shops are closed they really are closed.

Labrys

Your path looks so good. Did you make the pattern yourself? I need to dive in to making stuff like that.

Thank you very much! I did make the pattern myself, and it feels nice to hear I did a good job, eheh.
It was simple enough in theory for me. I first planned out everything in Paint.Net, and then after that was done and I tested everything lined up I made a pallete and I started putting it in the pattern maker.

magnetic

My night is complete.

Your username is a Cure reference, right? :)

I, too, enjoy chilling with AC and something nice to drink. Tea in the morning, a nice beer at night. That's some classy "me" time!

Thank you very much! I did make the pattern myself, and it feels nice to hear I did a good job, eheh.
It was simple enough in theory for me. I first planned out everything in Paint.Net, and then after that was done and I tested everything lined up I made a pallete and I started putting it in the pattern maker.

I was only mildy impressed until I realized that the borders line up perfectly :O Great work!

I love that you can do all sorts of creative stuff in the game. Adds another chunk of longevity to the game. As if it needed it!

And for me some reason it keeps reminding me of Sim City SNES, the chill mood, the feeling of being a mayor, and especially the sublime music!

Linius

Yeah, I still don't get how that pattern maker works. I take it you mean that weblink that has been posted multiple times in this thread right?

Can you mess around with the 3DS time to change the time within the game? Is that at thing?

Sure, it's possible. But time travelling takes away the fun for me. And when you ever think about doing it, once you've time travelled once there's no going back.

How do I get my banana trees to grow? They keep dying ;_;

My guess is you didn't plant them on the beach?

Labrys

Yeah, I still don't get how that pattern maker works. I take it you mean that weblink that has been posted multiple times in this thread right?

Oh, no, I mean the actual in-game pattern maker. The program I used to plan it out (paint.net) has a sprite grid option so I used that and lined everything up.
I only use the online patern maker for non-spritework things.

ohlawd

ahh shit. I have 30 mins left for Bug Off, Al is winning, I have a Birdwing Butterfly on me but I want to donate it and I can't find another one.

omg am I gonna lose? To Al!?

Linius

Oh, no, I mean the actual in-game pattern maker. The program I used to plan it out (paint.net) has a sprite grid option so I used that and lined everything up.
I only use the online patern maker for non-spritework things.

Oooh, okay. You just recreate the blocks from paint.net in the AC pattern maker. Well for now I've only made one logo, an attempt to recreate the logo of AFC Ajax. The result wasn't very good :lol

ahh shit. I have 30 mins left for Bug Off, Al is winning, I have a Birdwing Butterfly on me but I want to donate it and I can't find another one.

omg am I gonna lose? To Al!?

Another one will show up in time, remember we've got a least 6 years to complete this game (as much as you can) before the next handheld one comes out.

Sure, it's possible. But time travelling takes away the fun for me. And when you ever think about doing it, once you've time travelled once there's no going back.

As in a "you miss out on a part of the game that's only available to non-time travelers" sense, or a "it's against the spirit of the game and once you do it you'll do it again" sense?

Because I did it once on the first day to give me time to do everything I needed to do but haven't done it since, nor do I plan to.

Labrys

Oooh, okay. You just recreate the blocks from paint.net in the AC pattern maker. Well for now I've only made one logo, an attempt to recreate the logo of AFC Ajax. The result wasn't very good :lol

Recreations are harder, I have to admit. Even with the picture to pattern website they can turn out looking a bit crappy. Keep at it, though! :D

Shit, I hit a guy three times in a row with the net by trying to talk to him. I swear it was an accident!

image.php

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Bah I hate nighttime, can't sell anything, plus no rod or net. :(

magnetic

Can you mess around with the 3DS time to change the time within the game? Is that at thing?

I did it, but regret it. Well, unless you mean setting it to a different timezone once and keeping it that way. I skipped forward a few days in the beginning to get more cash, but it really isn't about progressing as fast as possible.

The longer I play the more I enjoy how very well paced the game is. It starts very tiny and slow but quickly opens up in a big way. I never expected this game to be so full of stuff to do!

Linius

As in a "you miss out on a part of the game that's only available to non-time travelers" sense, or a "it's against the spirit of the game and once you do it you'll do it again" sense?

Because I did it once on the first day to give me time to do everything I needed to do but haven't done it since, nor do I plan to.

More in the sense that you can't try it for fun and then not save. Because the game already saves when you open up the village to start playing. And yeah, if you do it often it will have negative effects. Like your villages don't recognizing you, a shit ton of weeds, possibly missing out on special items related to day events etc.

ohlawd

Another one will show up in time, remember we've got a least 6 years to complete this game (as much as you can) before the next handheld one comes out.
crap I give up. I should have kept playing hours ago and maybe then Al wouldn't be winning right now.

I'll donate it to my museum and lose.... UNLESS someone's willing to part with their Birdwing Butterfly, any size will do :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom