• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

mavs

image.php

"Sorry, I thought you were butter...flies."

Linius

The bank/post office sends you cool stuff if you have X bells in the ABD. I got a box of tissues for having 100,000 I think. Woo!

Cool! I got 100.000 in my bank right now, up to the bell. Hopefully I get a gift too. Also 67.434 in my pockets. Gotta make a little more tomorrow to get my loan at Nook done. 98.000 bells it is I believe.

Chopper

I connect and choose your town then it says the train's coming and right when that disappears I get error code 018-0511.
I reset my 3DS but it didn't do anything. You could try coming this way again? I would feel awful if you were without your stuff.
Yeah, I'll try. i got your problem last night, but solved it by stopping a download on my PC. Does your internet connection sort of suck?

Cbajd5

Just made about 150,000 Bells in one Island trip.

ibwSfRu4pkC8RA.gif

what are you doing wrong man

I get around 300,000 Bells per run at least.

Best Island strategy I've found:

1. Get rid of everything but Palm Trees.

2. Take the net and the fishing rod once you get there.

3. Catch Beetles/Stags/Sharks (scaring away everything else on land and in water if you feel like it) until you have to swap out whatever tool you're not using.

4. Unload everything into "take back to town" box.

5. Go back out, pick up tool you dropped.

5. Repeat 3 through 5 until box is filled. (Two full inventories and 8 catches on the last inventory.)

6. Go back and sell.

Do this around two or three times a day and you'll have enough to pay off a loan each day and probably a good chunk left over for city projects and whatever you want to buy.

Ehh...came in second in the bug catching contest. Tomorrow I should report the winner as a problematic citizen.

Also had a bunch of visitors. Hoping to unlock the island and some other options soon since my town doesn't have much to do right now, but it was still fun seeing visitors.

Salsa

tumblr_mogo81BPZV1sv134do1_400.jpg

being able to hang KK album art on the walls is pretty dope

KK Funk matches the color scheme pretty well

also yo Alfredo I need to visit that shit

Linius

I turned off the 3DS but I wasn't sure if I save so I checked it. Luckily I did and my box of tissues arrived trough the mail as well :p

Fantastical

Death Prophet
So I played WW but I never got involved in the multiplayer. What are the advantages besides the social interaction. What can you do besides terrorize the other person's town? :p

Betty

Banned
So I played WW but I never got involved in the multiplayer. What are the advantages besides the social interaction. What can you do besides terrorize the other person's town? :p

Trade fruit you don't have, take advantage of different time zones and buy/sell at stores that are open in other peoples world, trade other goods, lots of things really.

Kenai

Seriously, is anyone willing to part with your unwanted bug furniture? Name you price.

You wouldn't happen to have any of the Rococco set would you?

I want that set so badly. I got a random piece from a villager but nothing since. I have a spider clock and wallpaper (plus several extra fossils and fortune cookie items if you care about those).

Mokaman51

Neo Member
Yesterday I made a post about how I was having fun enjoying this never-ending friend simulator game... Today I was playing it for about one hour then saved and quit, closed the game, and turned off my 3DS (I have the downloadable version by the way). Ten minutes later I decided to open it up again as I was having to wait for something, so I thought I will complete my task in the game. When I happily turned on my 3DS and then went into my Digital Downloads folder and clicked Animal Crossing: New Leaf, moments later the start screen had a message 'Save Data Corrupt', it forced me to format the save file to start a new game... So my Town, my friends, my house, all was lost (only after playing for about 2 hours yesterday and 1 hour today).
I am so annoyed, I kind of feel like I don't want to start again... I might redownload it onto a different SD card - which would be annoying because I would be wanting to download all my other games again...

You wouldn't happen to have any of the Rococco set would you?

I want that set so badly. I got a random piece from a villager but nothing since. I have a spider clock and wallpaper (plus several extra fossils and fortune cookie items if you care about those).

No sorry, I don't have any. Would you take bells for the clock, though? If so how much?

Salsa

Yesterday I made a post about how I was having fun enjoying this never-ending friend simulator game... Today I was playing it for about one hour then saved and quit, closed the game, and turned off my 3DS (I have the downloadable version by the way). Ten minutes later I decided to open it up again as I was having to wait for something, so I thought I will complete my task in the game. When I happily turned on my 3DS and then went into my Digital Downloads folder and clicked Animal Crossing: New Leaf, moments later the start screen had a message 'Save Data Corrupt', it forced me to format the save file to start a new game... So my Town, my friends, my house, all was lost (only after playing for about 2 hours yesterday and 1 hour today).
I am so annoyed, I kind of feel like I don't want to start again... I might redownload it onto a different SD card - which would be annoying because I would be wanting to download all my other games again...

man :(

as terrible as that is tho, be glad you just played 2 hours. Believe me soon enough you'll be in a state where if you lose your save you might just give up on fucking videogames

Linius

ivcVOOh689dVz.JPG

Checking out his crib.

i1IGq1ivnuWIb.JPG
i412dPRtE9Wmf.JPG

iABYDEhf8FhDr.JPG
i2S6uRecTUnkK.JPG

We did some fishing, always fun.

i1a6wTjp6uMc5.JPG
iqPLjW0p1rSiy.JPG

Like many of us I too won the golden trophy today. And it fits great in my house.

iYpwdhV3Ytyik.JPG
ieggXQjdQSQbY.JPG

idlFZlUdoA342.JPG

Found my latest villager sleeping. Guess I could enter because she hasn't unpacked yet.

iCCPC1yxgSFpc.JPG

Dat 100 percent :D

OmegaFax

I'm trying to do Guybrush but the colors are off. Also, wrist hurts because I've been holding my XL with one hand for way too long.

tumblr_mogouyuYCP1qz7qrdo1_400.jpg

what are you doing wrong man

I get around 300,000 Bells per run at least.

Best Island strategy I've found:

1. Get rid of everything but Palm Trees.

2. Take the net and the fishing rod once you get there.

3. Catch Beetles/Stags/Sharks (scaring away everything else on land and in water if you feel like it) until you have to swap out whatever tool you're not using.

4. Unload everything into "take back to town" box.

5. Go back out, pick up tool you dropped.

5. Repeat 3 through 5 until box is filled. (Two full inventories and 8 catches on the last inventory.)

6. Go back and sell.

Do this around two or three times a day and you'll have enough to pay off a loan each day and probably a good chunk left over for city projects and whatever you want to buy.

this works for max bells but I will have to put the mango trees back in the future if I want to get some other bugs for the museum

some bugs only show up on trees on the island

RawNuts

Oh my, that is painful. At least you didn't lose too much time.

Also a reminder to me that I should be making incremental backups of the SD card every now and then (I have the digital version as well).

Cbajd5

this works for max bells but I will have to put the mango trees back in the future if I want to get some other bugs for the museum

some bugs only show up on trees on the island

Yeah, you can do that after you've gotten more than enough bells though. (Probably around 10 million or so, that's enough to pay off your house with around an extra 2.5 million.)

Or before you get rid of them you can try to catch those bugs. It works well enough with those trees, but it's a bit less efficient since you'll get so many bugs on them.

Cut down the palm trees on the south end of the island too, won't have to skirt around them for beetles.

I thought about that, but honestly those same trees are where I get most of my spawns and catches, just approach them slowly.

Lotto

First of all, whoa at today's events. Got home around 4:30 after lunch and shopping with my family and only had about an hour and a half for bug catching. Decided, meh, I never have luck on the mainland catching bugs anyways so I decided to just visit the island for the first time instead. The island is bonkers. I caught so many new bugs, finally got to try out the wet suit which was pretty awesome, and I caught so many new + huge fish! I spent maybe an hour and a half on the island and every single one of the spaces in my "to-go box" was filled with something I never had before, it was ridiculous. I got back just in time for the bug catching results, with about 2 minutes to spare and submitted a mantis I caught on my way to Nat. Ended up snagging 2nd place lol, beaten out by Flurry's own mantis. Not bad I suppose. Decided to head back to my house real quick and ran into Phineas and he awarded with my first badge, Fish Maniac! Awesome day. Probably gonna head to the museum now and donate all the new stuff I caught. This game is pure joy.

EdgeXL

Did somebody offer 250,000 bells for a cicada stereo? I have one.

Would happily sell for 250k. I probably won't be on again until tomorrow but anybody who wants it should feel free to.PM me. I'm on California time.

OmegaFax

you're not gonna have enough pixels man

that limit is BS

I'm probably going to write this one off as a trial and error. The color limits are really bugging me because of how the system lets you mix and match colors. I'm usually like ... "I need a darker shade of that color" and when I change a color from a particular slot, it changes the rest that used the old color. I tend to forget which colors I use. I kind of have to "interpret" or use my best judgment at which colors replace when I'm looking at the original pixel art.

Linius

Visit a friend!

Indeed. I spent quite some time in another village after my shops were closed. Did a lot of fishing and selling at retail to make some sweet buck. Afterwards caught some stuff in my own team to sell tomorrow. And tomorrow I'll be able to buy my first set of turnips. I'll be watching this thread for someone to post they have a high selling price at their village.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom