• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Labrys

Shit, I got someone Japanese at the island, they said something in hiragana that was too fast for me to read, I said if they could repeat in romaji (Kurikasuru, I'm pretty sure? I had to use it a lot in my class) they said "No!" and left.
Hmph.

So immersive

Sorry if you were expecting NES games. The VC is there for a reason, now.

Ultimadrago

Shit, I got someone Japanese at the island, they said something in hiragana that was too fast for me to read, I said if they could repeat in romaji (Kurikasuru, I'm pretty sure? I had to use it a lot in my class) they said "No!" and left.
Hmph.

lol Awww

kiryogi

Banned
Hmph.

Sorry if you were expecting NES games. The VC is there for a reason, now.

Yeah I hate that we can't type in japanese.

Totakeke

Highest medal award I've seen yet is 8 for gold on classic fishing plus another four more for being the top. That's 12 medals.

Anyway, there sure are plenty of Japanese people on Club Tortimer, but I guess that's to be expected. Fun times if you really get someone you can play with.

FFFFUCK YOU CAN THROW GARBAGE AWAY IN THE TRASH CAN!?!?! The Nooklings store had a recycle bin today and I was like "Psshhh yeah ok who would want that lol" and now it's closed and gone! Damn it all!!

This game has too much detail!

Morokh

Coach had a little flea problem yesterday that I took care of .... this morning I just found him at the museum in the same rooms as his fleas ...... I don't really know what to make of that ..... xD

Totakeke

Coach had a little flea problem yesterday that I took care of .... this morning I just found him at the museum in the same rooms as his fleas ...... I don't really know what to make of that ..... xD

How do you do that? Taking care of the flea problem I mean.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Ouch, what happened?

In other news, Pietro's starting to grow on me. Welp.
the thing is i really don't like clowns but he has a nice personality hmmmmm
I think she didn't comprehend what to do in the tour; it was confusing the first time I did it for the first few minutes. Luckily I got 7/8 pieces to complete by myself. Unluckily she held the last piece and we were not able to communicate and coordinate. :lol

I've actually never finished that tour; how many medals does it give?

Labrys

Do I plant mangos, lychees, and durians on the sand?
No, on the dirt. Bananas and Coconuts go on the sand.

I think she didn't comprehend what to do in the tour; it was confusing the first time I did it for the first few minutes. Luckily I got 7/8 pieces to complete by myself. Unluckily she held the last piece and we were not able to communicate and coordinate. :lol

I've actually never finished that tour; how many medals does it give?

I didn't get the second piece to my fossil when I did it, got 0 medals.

acidagfc

Hey guys.
Does the Nookling Junction change its stock? It's day 3, and they still sell the same tools, and a need a fishing rod.

Morokh

Hey guys.
Does the Nookling Junction change its stock? It's day 3, and they still sell the same tools, and a need a fishing rod.

it's random and it is supposed to change every day so you might just be in bad luck :(

All I'm missing is an axe and they only sell a shovel and a net.

Mokaman51

Neo Member
Just curious about everyone else:

How long does it take before you get bored playing Animal Crossing?
In the Wii version, I really became addicted to the game until I began hacking the game and it lost the fun... New Leaf has so much content, so I'm sure it should last so much longer than the other versions, the Gamecube and DS version were about 20MB's, while the Wii version was about 300MB's, this version is over 1GB.
If anyone with the Japanese copy can give feedback, that would be nice.

another question, how much of a leap is New Leaf over City Folk (amount of furniture, activities, holidays, etc)?

P.S. Owned New Leaf since yesterday, but if you find my posts a few pages ago, it tells the story about how my Downloaded version's Save Data became corrupt only the 3rd time opening the game... The reason and hopefully the internet people are correct, is that the Download Later feature can actually mess up Save Data in many games. I fixed it by Repairing (which re-downloads without sleep mode). I have managed to find a good Town Map (after about 5 restarts) and even got one of my last villagers back.

Just curious about everyone else:

How long does it take before you get bored playing Animal Crossing?
In the Wii version, I really became addicted to the game until I began hacking the game and it lost the fun... New Leaf has so much content, so I'm sure it should last so much longer than the other versions, the Gamecube and DS version were about 20MB's, while the Wii version was about 300MB's, this version is over 1GB.
If anyone with the Japanese copy can give feedback, that would be nice.

another question, how much of a leap is New Leaf over City Folk (amount of furniture, activities, holidays, etc)?

P.S. Owned New Leaf since yesterday, but if you find my posts a few pages ago, it tells the story about how my Downloaded version's Save Data became corrupt only the 3rd time opening the game... The reason and hopefully the internet people are correct, is that the Download Later feature can actually mess up Save Data in many games. I fixed it by Repairing (which re-downloads without sleep mode). I have managed to find a good Town Map (after about 5 restarts) and even got one of my last villagers back.

Since there is at minimum a year's worth of content in the game (due to holidays) and there is now, finally, DLC for the game which could mean anything from new items to new events to new villagers to expansion packs, I don't see myself getting tired of it anytime soon. I assume that my playtime will drop once I get my house settled in, sure, but there is literally something new to do or see every day.

Birathen

I had tortimer or whatever his name is visit me at the docks today. My son managed to run through the interesting part of the Island dialouge. :) I read that the Island opens up after two weeks so it is kinda strange he allready shows up to hype it(Im only on my third day). Could the process have been fasttracked since I visited the Island over at a friends town or does he simply tease you for your inability to go Island hopping :(

I had tortimer or whatever his name is visit me at the docks today. My son managed to run through the interesting part of the Island dialouge. :) I read that the Island opens up after two weeks so it is kinda strange he allready shows up to hype it(Im only on my third day). Could the process have been fasttracked since I visited the Island over at a friends town?

I believe three days is the normal amount of time before you van visit an island, I'm not sure where you may have heard two weeks

Birathen

I believe three days is the normal amount of time before you van visit an island, I'm not sure where you may have heard two weeks

Oh ok, Im not sure either, I just know I've been thinking that after two weeks I will be partying it up on the Island. Perhaps it was sumthing else that happens after two weeks.

Oh ok, Im not sure either, I just know I've been thinking that after two weeks I will be partying it up on the Island. Perhaps it was sumthing else that happens after two weeks.

Who knows, my friend. But the island is really when the game gets great, in my opinion. Grind for money and do whatever you want :)

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Every day is a party in the world of Animal Crossing.

HEEEEEEEY!

Oxx

'Your pockets are too full to put the item away'

*Puts item away when entering building*

What's a Pitfall seed for? Trolling?

Gvaz

Banned
I had tortimer or whatever his name is visit me at the docks today. My son managed to run through the interesting part of the Island dialouge. :) I read that the Island opens up after two weeks so it is kinda strange he allready shows up to hype it(Im only on my third day). Could the process have been fasttracked since I visited the Island over at a friends town or does he simply tease you for your inability to go Island hopping :(

The island opens up after these things are met:

http://bidoofcrossing.tumblr.com/post/44361198482/animal-crossing-new-leaf-the-island

Oxx

Streetpass activated.

I don't know why Nintendo like to make you reach a certain point in their games before letting you streetpass.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
So wait, did I miss KK tonight? I don't have any additional buildings built or anything, but I wasn't sure if he appeared somewhere else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom