• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's always such a self aware hypocrisy regarding reviews of this series in particular. Like it is somehow exempt from the same standards that other franchises are, even other Nintendo franchises.

Oh well, I'm not sure what I expected. If I were reviewing this game I'd be hesitant to even give it a score other than Animal Crossing+

Does the game still have a 10 year cycle or whatever it was on the GC?

I thought it was 30 years on the GCN, mine still is working fine with the proper date and everything. So no worries there I'd say. Hopefully sometime in the next 30+ years there'll be a new Nintendo system with a better version, haha.

Philia

Aw yes.

And if for some reason that I have Rosie and you don't, you can have her. :O

Thanks! That's the first thing I'd do when I first get this game. I'd then pop an fruit icon onto my avatar and list the neighbors I got for anyone who's interested. Even Bob. LOL, I don't see HOW I'd get him but it'd be surprising nonetheless.

Eh IGN reviews. I'm not saying Audrey's review doesn't have integrity, it's just quite peculiar that they have the strong Sony fans, strong MS fans and a strong Nintendo fans review games, it could blind-sight them a bit. I will wait for the other reviews to really gauge the reaction.

Eh IGN reviews. I'm not saying Audrey's review doesn't have integrity, it's just quite peculiar that they have the strong Sony fans, strong MS fans and a strong Nintendo fans review games, it could blind-sight them a bit. I will wait for the other reviews to really gauge the reaction.

Yeah.. I think she gave pokemon black 2 the same score. Which is fine but I thought it was a 7/10 game at best. But her fire emblem awakening review was pretty close to the mark imo.

darklin0

Banned

Both EDGE and Eurogamer have given it a 9 as well. A couple of others floating around as well with high scores.

Gryph

So nice to see this game getting strong scores. Not that it sways my opinion but high review scores help drive the industry and I want less brown shooters and more Animal Crossing...

Philia

I think we'll have this on Sunday at noon at GameStop. We'll be picking up my bundle with his physical copy as well.

SuperSah

Banned
I have decided to make a comprehensive list of review scores for Animal Crossing: New Leaf from various different websites. If you find any more, please feel free to add them.

IGN: 9.6/10

Pocket Gamer: 9/10

Nintendo Life: 9/10

PC Magazine 4/5

Eurogamer 9/10

Washington Post 3/4

Digital Spy 4/5

CVG 9/10

Techno Buffalo 9.5/10

Electronic Theatre 91/100

Joystiq 4.5/5

Philia

I have decided to make a comprehensive list of review scores for Animal Crossing: New Leaf from various different websites. If you find any more, please feel free to add them.

PC Magazine 4/5

Eurogamer 9/10

Washington Post 3/4

Digital Spy 4/5

CVG 9/10

Techno Buffalo 9.5/10

Joystiq 4.5/5

Can you link them for FearMyWrench to conveniently add them to his OT?

Animekatt

PC Magazine 4/5

Eurogamer 9/10

Washington Post 3/4

Digital Spy 4/5

CVG 9/10

Techno Buffalo 9.5/10

Joystiq 4.5/5

I'm lovin those scores.

I hope they talk about this game on the Bombcast today

Yes! More AC, less DOTA! Brad has had the game for awhile so hopefully he's got something to say. Also looking forward to a quick look.

PC Magazine 4/5

Eurogamer 9/10

Washington Post 3/4

Digital Spy 4/5

CVG 9/10

Techno Buffalo 9.5/10

Joystiq 4.5/5

Thanks for the list.

Both EDGE and Eurogamer have given it a 9 as well. A couple of others floating around as well with high scores.

I'm not saying its not gonna be great, I practically mind pre-ordered it already =)

Even if it got 7s all round, I don't really mind, its just that when it comes to exclusive game reviews from hardcore IGN fans ... no thanks. Actually when it comes to first week exclusive reviews ... well that's another discussion.

I'm not sure why I go on that site anymore -__-

Oh yeah, their T.V. stuff is pretty good =)

Ah but yes, its good to see Eurogamer give it a great score. Those guys are probably the most credible in the gaming media.

Philia

I hope we get the QL soon too.

Reviews are looking great. :0

Yeah. I worry that a lot of new players is going to be angry at the hype at this game because its NOT living up to their expectations... or something. :\ Its special BECAUSE its doesn't need to be expected to over the top or anything. Its really all simple and charming and the like.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

PC Magazine 4/5

Eurogamer 9/10

Washington Post 3/4

Digital Spy 4/5

CVG 9/10

Techno Buffalo 9.5/10

Joystiq 4.5/5

Someone should do an Animal Crossing review thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom