• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

SodaBeam

Neo Member
Okay. That's enough.

People. THERE WILL BE NO MORE 50ppp HEATHENS in this THREAD. If you're a member, you're forgiven for having WEIRD tastes. But JUNIORS WHO DON'T KNOW. READ ON and have your world changed forever.

There. DONE. I'll be linking this POST repeatedly to ANYONE who dares complain about that silly 50ppp. -.-'

I knew about the 100ppp option, I just prefer 50ppp* :p

But I see your point, I'll set it to 100ppp now, then change it back to 50 when I'm a member!

*Mostly, I prefer how it doesn't make my computer blow up in gif-heavy threads.

Edit: hey a new page!

GeekyDad

There's always such a self aware hypocrisy regarding reviews of this series in particular. Like it is somehow exempt from the same standards that other franchises are, even other Nintendo franchises.

Oh well, I'm not sure what I expected. If I were reviewing this game I'd be hesitant to even give it a score other than Animal Crossing+

I think one thing to keep in mind with respect to the reviews for this particular game is that they're mostly going to be coming from a new generation of game reviewers, young folks who are perhaps experiencing the series for the first time. The concept is still going to bowl over folks who have never dipped into Animal Crossing before.

For the rest of us, though, we look at it, and yeah, it looks like...Animal Crossing. I'm looking forward to it because I'm bored and I've had enough of a break from AC to be ready for it again. I have to admit being exhausted by it, though, when City Folk released. It didn't do enough new and was just more of the same, really. I'm guessing that's what this essentially is (after the few new bells and whistles wear off), but again, I'm ready for it once more.

Karkador

Banned
Yes! More AC, less DOTA! Brad has had the game for awhile so hopefully he's got something to say. Also looking forward to a quick look.

I'm wondering if this has pulled Brad away from DOTA at least a little bit. He seemed to be enthused about it on the Monday video.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Nintendo Official Magazine (UK) gave it 95%. Probably could have said that earlier as I've had the issue for a few days now. ┐(-。ー;)┌

Philia

IGN: 9.6/10

Pocket Gamer: 9/10

Nintendo Life: 9/10

PC Magazine 4/5

Eurogamer 9/10

Washington Post 3/4

Digital Spy 4/5

CVG 9/10

Techno Buffalo 9.5/10

Electronic Theatre 91/100

Joystiq 4.5/5

Great reviews. Not that I care, I just knew ACNL is going to be awesome just for existing to improve on the series. :3

MarkusRJR

I thought it was 30 years on the GCN, mine still is working fine with the proper date and everything. So no worries there I'd say. Hopefully sometime in the next 30+ years there'll be a new Nintendo system with a better version, haha.
What's this about? The game will not work in 30 years? What?

MicH

You can still play the GC game in 30 years, you just have to set the clock back a few years. So you can't play it with the correct year

SmithnCo

I thought it was 30 years on the GCN, mine still is working fine with the proper date and everything. So no worries there I'd say. Hopefully sometime in the next 30+ years there'll be a new Nintendo system with a better version, haha.

It's when it gets to 2030 because that's the gamecube clock's limit. Dunno what the 3DS limit is.

subtles

I'm glad most of the reviews coming are very positive, it's been a trend with 3DS games as of late. I'm really excited for the multiplayer but I only have two of you so far. I'll try and go through the form when I'm on my PC.

FC from earlier for anyone who would like to add me before then:

raOXdAG.jpg

This needs to hurry up and come out. It's falling at a perfect time for me just before a vacation. Now I just have to worry about my fiance not hogging the 3DS and the game for herself.

Tiktaalik

Fantastic scores all around as expected. I agree with the EDGE review that this game's approach is a bit more like an "AC: Ultimate" than "AC:New Leaf." Nintendo has applied a ridiculous amount of polish to the original game's premise and has created the definitive AC experience.

Given the expectations of long time fans and the huge amount of content they've put into this title, Nintendo is going to have a tough task making a genuine "new leaf" AC game after this one. Having the player be mayor is a good step in introducing new gameplay features, and I think future AC games will have to continue to innovate in this fashion, introducing new gameplay columns rather than expanding the content base.

Not surprised by the scores. *chuckles* They could have all said it was shit and I would have bought it anyways though.

Also...
50ppp - because I don't like drowning in this thread anymore than I already do. :p

Philia

Fantastic scores all around as expected. I agree with the EDGE review that this game's approach is a bit more like an "AC: Ultimate" than "AC:New Leaf." Nintendo has applied a ridiculous amount of polish to the original game's premise and has created the definitive AC experience.

Given the expectations of long time fans and the huge amount of content they've put into this title, Nintendo is going to have a tough task making a genuine "new leaf" AC game after this one. Having the player be mayor is a good step in introducing new gameplay features, and I think future AC games will have to continue to innovate in this fashion, introducing new gameplay columns rather than expanding the content base.

Yeah. And it'll continue the way like Harvest Moon series did. Hopefully. :)

omgkitty

I just tried ordering the 3DS off of Gamestop's website, and it's giving me all sorts of HTML errors. Maybe it's not available any longer? :(

iMarkyP

Neo Member
I registered my 3rd game on Club Nintendo so just playing the double waiting game now (release and my download code) !

Can't wait to get into heavy bells debt with fellow gafers !

Lyude77

Yeah. And it'll continue the way like Harvest Moon series did. Hopefully. :)

And then Nintendo will make a spinoff series called Rune Crossing...

Really looking forward to this since my cousin is going to get it at the same time. Friendly competition is the best. :p

SuperSah

Banned
I registered my 3rd game on Club Nintendo so just playing the double waiting game now (release and my download code) !

Can't wait to get into heavy bells debt with fellow gafers !

Which games did you register to get it? I got MH3U, FE:A and DKCR3D.

Can't wait for my free ACNL!

dkeane

Looked in the OP and didn't find an answer...

if I start playing this (digital version) on my original 3DS and upgrade to an XL will my game and progress transfer over safe?

Which games did you register to get it? I got MH3U, FE:A and DKCR3D.

Can't wait for my free ACNL!

It's so unfair that we didn't get this for free <_<

We just got a back catalog...

The debt in the game will be like my real life debt of over 20,000 xD (that includes my car)

Stoof

He knew that I'm getting the ACNL Bundle before I did. :3 That's my precious husband for ya.
She wanted the bundle too but then her laptop has been acting up and with money being a little tight we'd rather get her a new laptop since she already has a 3DS, though I wouldn't be against surprising her with one if there's any left down the road. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom