• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unicorn

All those cons either don't apply, sound like pros, or are patently false. In Wild World I played for 19 hours a day for weeks straight. That spurt was over a year after release.

Only real life will limit my play time.

Kuntz

I couldn't care less about all those reviews.
I know the game is good, I know I will love it. Even if you say it sucks, I will still like it.

Give it to me already !

It's like telling starving people they are going to enjoy their next meal, but they can't just eat it right now...

I guess there's like an NDA on the reviews describing the minigames. They always mention that they exist, but never go into any detail on what they are or if they're even fun.

That Eurogamer review is excellent: funny and thorough.

Hmm, is this okay, Andrew? Leaf's a little blurry. Maybe someone else could take a stab.

Tenumi

Banned
It got 17/20 on jeuxvideo.com (french)

Cons :
-Friend codes
-Same gameplay as before
-Mostly playing for short time

What were they expecting, AC to suddenly become a turn based RPG or something?

I just followed the Animal Crossing twitter. Isabelle is adorable. Oh, and I should really get around to adding some friend codes into my 3DS sometime.

Philia

I guess there's like an NDA on the reviews describing the minigames. They always mention that they exist, but never go into any detail on what they are or if they're even fun.

I may be wrong on this and anyone can correct me but I recall you have to pay off your house in full before being able to access Tortimer Island, where the minigames are being held. So that can actually take a while since this game rolls real time.

What were they expecting, AC to suddenly become a turn based RPG or something?

Yeah, I don't understand the complaints about the core gameplay being more of the same. There isn't really a defined goal to set that gameplay towards. I can easily see that complaint being valid in an RPG, a shooter, or a racing game. Those all have things that need to be improved in each installment because they all have a specific focus- speed, control, more intense RPG elements, etc. Animal crossing does not have a specific focus, so there literally is no way for the game to expand besides with connectivity, more customization, and graphics.

MicH

I may be wrong on this and anyone can correct me but I recall you have to pay off your house in full before being able to access Tortimer Island, where the minigames are being held. So that can actually take a while since this game rolls real time.
Pretty sure you get access to it after about a week. Not sure if it requires you to get the house first, though

iMarkyP

Neo Member
Which games did you register to get it? I got MH3U, FE:A and DKCR3D.

Can't wait for my free ACNL!

FE:A, Luigi's Mansion and DKCR3D.

I'm wondering how long after the 14th the code is actually going to take though. Really hope its not days !!!

Grizzo

LOL.
I'm reading the french review, dat puns when you catch bugs.
The localization is AWESOME!

Agreed ! Well... except for "Club MDR" :( That sounds so kiddy... it's like if it was called "Club LMAO" in english. "Club LOL" sounds really much better anyway.

Avixph

I don't know if this is late but can you really steal other people's villagers? If so please don't steal my villagers.

Philia

I don't know if this is late but can you really steal other people's villagers? If so please don't steal my villagers.

Yes but only if that person's town rating was higher than yours. Town rating is affect by a number of things... I'm not sure how it is in NL but in WW, having plenty of flowers will raise it and perfect placement of trees all throughout the town was another.

Avixph

Yes but only if that person's town rating was higher than yours. Town rating is affect by a number of things... I'm not sure how it is in NL but in WW, having plenty of flowers will raise it and perfect placement of trees all throughout the town was another.
Oh okay, but perfect placement of trees?

Does it usually take a long time for the villager that was taken to be replaced? I played WW mostly solo (only with my ex-gf) so I don't really know.

Philia

Oh okay, but perfect placement of trees?

I recalled 3 spaces apart from other trees, other objects and houses. Which is why I thought maybe that was the ideal orchard placement or something. Not 100% on this though. Keep in mind you'll be using Phyllis as a gauge to tell you that your town is perfect or not. Again, this is all in WW. I'm not sure how it is in NL.

Does it usually take a long time for the villager that was taken to be replaced? I played WW mostly solo (only with my ex-gf) so I don't really know.

I recall a week after that villager moved out in WW, another will come in.

kubus

Hype levels after seeing the reviews are through the roof. I'm studying extra early for finals because this game is gonna drop right before my first final. If I don't study now I'll never do it lol.

Just to be sure - and I might've missed it in the OP - online is cross-region right? :D

Philia

Hype levels after seeing the reviews are through the roof. I'm studying extra early for finals because this game is gonna drop right before my first final. If I don't study now I'll never do it lol.

Just to be sure - and I might've missed it in the OP - online is cross-region right? :D

Correct. :)

SmithnCo

I think you can keep them from moving if you're nice to them. I think you get warning when they're thinking of moving too.

darklin0

Banned
9am music makes me pumped.

Which time's music do you guys like?
1 am, 11 pm, 10 am. Snowy versions are even better.

Yes!

Salaadin

Can someone tell me...does Kapp'n drive the boat to the island? And more importantly, does he sing those awesome songs again?

I'm really on the fence. I love that it's only $35. I didn't play City Folk, in fact, WW is the only one I did play, but I played a TON of it. Considering it's been 5 or 6 years, myabe it's time to jump back in.

Is there any word on whether the startup time is any faster on this game? Odd as it sounds, that was one of my biggest complaints on Wild World. It took so long to fire the game up when all I wanted to do was quickly check turnip prices and water my flowers.

Philia

Is there any word on whether the startup time is any faster on this game? Odd as it sounds, that was one of my biggest complaints on Wild World. It took so long to fire the game up when all I wanted to do was quickly check turnip prices and water my flowers.

Well... I'm sure its leagues better than City Folk lmao. But that's weird that you ask that though. I don't recall that all too often. Then again I usually have my DS on sleep mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom