• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just listened to snowy tracks and I agree. Snowy > Normal

10 days for us over here! :C

Getting pretty close, tempted to actually do a review... just makes it difficult without proper capture gear (will instead have to nic official videos and cobble something together using them)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hey guys, any ideas for town with the words "kemono" or "beast"? I thought "Pawville" or "Paw City" sounded terrible.

Me too. Being European is tough! ;_;

Remember to check your account at midnight, you'll see a banner of a stupid little kid holding a plain white sign, that's were the code appears!

ARE YOU READY?!

I was born *checks the SD card*... thank God. I was born ready!

Tiktaalik

Yeah. And it'll continue the way like Harvest Moon series did. Hopefully. :)

I actually haven't really kept abreast with the Harvest Moon series because of the fact that it didn't seem like they were adding enough really exciting new features. Maybe I haven't really been paying attention. Could you elaborate a bit more about what you mean and how Harvest Moon has changed over time?

Boss Doggie

Beastton or Beaston, hmm... Beaston sounds cool~

Beastown sounds bleh

Bakemono changes the meaning entirely into ghost/demon, so that's a no

Philia

I actually haven't really kept abreast with the Harvest Moon series because of the fact that it didn't seem like they were adding enough really exciting new features. Maybe I haven't really been paying attention. Could you elaborate a bit more about what you mean and how Harvest Moon has changed over time?

Well the crux of it is that they kept the main idea the same. Farming simulation is always there. Each installment had added new characters or new implementation to several of the mini games, and it'd also take place in different areas. Few of them even have a plot.

But yeah they kept changing up the characters and the locations but the mainline idea and goal is essentially the same. :)

SuperSah

Banned
Every time a game gets nines and tens Gamespot always has to go lower than the crowd. I've noticed that lately.

Yeah, i've noticed that too. They always have to go lower.

I mean, Luigi's Mansion 2 got a 6.5 which I personally think was shambles since I found it brilliant. But who cares. I know i'm gonna love AC. When don't I love it?!

Bakemono changes the meaning entirely into ghost/demon, so that's a no

True, I just suggested it because of this (from wikipedia):

A bakemono's true form may be an animal such as a fox (kitsune), a raccoon dog (tanuki), a badger (mujina), a transforming cat (bakeneko), the spirit of a plant — such as a kodama, or an inanimate object which may possess a soul in Shinto and other animistic traditions.

Yofaycesux

Neo Member
True, I just suggested it because of this (from wikipedia):

A bakemono's true form may be an animal such as a fox (kitsune), a raccoon dog (tanuki), a badger (mujina), a transforming cat (bakeneko), the spirit of a plant — such as a kodama, or an inanimate object which may possess a soul in Shinto and other animistic traditions.

SuperSah

Banned
Is there going to be a place where people post the music they make? I suck at it so I will probably pick up what other people do.

Ooo.. Song of Storms is an idea! Thanks. ;)

Also, if you visit AnimalCrossingCommunity there's an interactive town tune creator which you can also use to view others and copy.

Yofaycesux

Neo Member
Since Ruby and Nan have their very roots in AC, I figured it might be cool to talk about their quests. Is anyone here familiar with Ruby or Nan Quest? Ruby Quest is one of the best stories I've read in a long time, and it sort of paved the way for internet quests. Nan Quest is the second quest from Weaver, and its similar to Ruby Quest in quality and depth, but they're still fairly different. But absolute God-Tier in terms of story and easily one of the best things to come from /tg/.

If you haven't read it, and are interested, let me know, and I'll dig up some links. Its absolutely worth a read if you haven't yet. And also Ruby, Nan, and all of the characters in the stories are animals from ANimal Crossing. So its totally
(only slightly not)
on topic.

So call me dumb, but I'd like to bump this to see if I can get anyone else to check it out. I reread Ruby Quest overnight, and it still is incredible. If you have questions about it, I can answer them, and I'll drop a link here. Probably the easiest way to read.

This might tide you over for a little bit while we wait in agony.

darklin0

Banned
At first I'll pick a Zelda tune like Song of Storm/Healing but then I'll try to make one based off TWEWY.
I may end up going for either a Zelda or Metroid tune. But I have not even begun to think of what I would use.
I'm getting this regardless, but are there any sales going on right now for pre-ordering?

I think the only sale is at K-mart where its $5 off. I don't think its available for pre-order though.

Every time a game gets nines and tens Gamespot always has to go lower than the crowd. I've noticed that lately.

One of the perks is that people want to read the review that's different to find out why one person isn't lining up with the rest... in other words, "click me!" reviews.

Boss Doggie

But my town is just composed of mundane beastfolk, no spirit foxes or weird weasels!

Pawprint sounds like a good name for an AC town to me. =)

Pawprint sounds nice too... but I guess I'm comparing it to something that sounds something like a town name.

I'm gonna flip a coin to see if Pawprint or Beaston wins.

Stoof

So who has chosen a town tune yet? I am still undecided. ]:
Fuel me with your ideas!
I'm undecided too because I doubt I can turn "Libera Me from Hell" into a town tune :x
At first I'll pick a Zelda tune like Song of Storm/Healing but then I'll try to make one based off TWEWY.
Caaaaaaalling, someone is caaalling~
Might be kind of hard to do some of the more fast paced songs.

SuperSah

Banned
I wonder what to do with my house..

I'm going to fully upgrade it and make it a proper home.

Kitchen, bathroom, basement, living rooms, bedrooms, you name it!

Kuntz

My tune has always been (Ah! vous dirais-je maman / twinkle twinkle little star) Mozart version in those games, so it will be once again !

It's glorious with some animals, ultraweird with others...

OneLetter

The worst part about getting the XL bundle is that I have to wait until the store opens Sunday morning, while a bunch of my friends can start downloading it at midnight before me. :( :(

Philia

The worst part about getting the XL bundle is that I have to wait until the store opens Sunday morning, while a bunch of my friends can start downloading it at midnight before me. :( :(

Its okay! You'll have me too waiting. :) I do feel bad for people that has to wait on shipment though. Ditto with EU people.

Lucid07

So I just pre-ordered this, never played an Animal Crossing before and I'm just going to dive in and play. There's millions I have, but I think I'll wait till it arrives.

The worst part about getting the XL bundle is not getting a physical copy of the game.
It's the only think that stop me from getting one. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom