• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never played an AC game before, but I picked this one up on launch day mostly based on a long-standing interest in the series and GAF's hype. The promise was - paraphrasing - "it's a great game to play for about 30 minutes a day to relax," but I've somehow managed to pile around 40 hours into it in the last 10 days. I'm hooked.

I so far have a second story on my house, two public works projects completed (a fountain in front of town hall and a campsite in the most remote area of my map) and a second funded today (a suspension bridge), and the garden shop opened 3 days ago. I only wish I could put some zoning restrictions into play in the town, because right now all the new villagers have practically developed their own suburb across the river from the rest of town. Oh, well.

My turnip prices are terrible (I didn't even know how the stalk market worked, so I didn't play on Sunday morning to buy turnips), and I didn't realize when I saw Redd several days ago that he wouldn't be sticking around longer than 24 hours, but my waters seem to be very fecund. I have 2 coelacanths and 1 blue marlin for trade if someone wants them; I'd prefer a work of art in return, to donate to the museum. I'm not sure if you can even trade fish, as I've not had anyone over to my town yet - in fact, I've never even used one of Nintendo's annoying friend codes before.

But here goes: if anyone wants to come fish in my town, come on over. I've already caught 3 coelacanths this evening, along with quite a few sharks, saw sharks, hammerheads, and ocean sunfish. My friend code is 4441-8446-0333.

Poltergust is about to set Copper and Booker on some fools.

Doesn't seem like he's gonna respond back.

Guys, blacklist Incite from your towns. Stealing stuff from other people's towns is absolutely unacceptable.

I think his town is Mue- something. Muerza?

EDIT:
I didn't steal flowers from you.

You, Bii, and a personal friend of mine were in town when it happened. I highly doubt Bii did it since he let me into his town to buy turnips, and my friend would definitely not do something like that, so that only leaves you.

You also said "thanks" as you left, implying that you did something in my town to warrant that.

ep1ZS0V.jpg

My first ever upload this is from this morning... I love the questions this guy asks and the nice gifts he gives if you have it right
Is that Gulliver? I saw him a few days ago, but he was merely passed out all day on the beach. I expected him to be moving to town, but nothing ever came of it.

Filth

so i got my house today, my approval rating is 88%. they suuggest i water plants to get it to 100%. the guy doesnt sell the water container yet. i cant get to the island yet.. i feel like im in limbo :/

Doesn't seem like he's gonna respond back.

Guys, blacklist Incite from your towns. Stealing stuff from other people's towns is absolutely unacceptable.

I think his town is Mue- something. Muerza?

I'm not always on GAF while playing and I didn't steal flowers kid.

You've earned a place off my friends list for creating video game drama where there is none.

Seriously.

Fey

Banned
so i got my house today, my approval rating is 88%. they suuggest i water plants to get it to 100%. the guy doesnt sell the water container yet. i cant get to the island yet.. i feel like im in limbo :/

Talk to Isabelle and do her tasks - when you complete them all, she'll give you a watering can.

Do Isabelle's "tutorial" and she will give you a watering can and either a net or a rod. Try donating to the museum, pulling weeds, fishing trash out of the river, talking to neighbours until they ask for favors and it should go up.

Oh, also change the town tune and flag. It might take some time for the percentage to update.

Sorry, no more turnip selliing :( I am exhausted.

Sorry guys

You're beyond awesome for keeping it up all day. Thanks again, man! If I ever get high turnip prices I'll let you know first.

I'm not always on GAF while playing and I didn't steal flowers kid.

You've earned a place off my friends list for creating video game drama where there is none.

Seriously.

You, Bii, and a personal friend of mine were in town when it happened. I highly doubt Bii did it since he let me into his town to buy turnips, and my friend would definitely not do something like that, so that only leaves you.

You also said "thanks" as you left, implying that you did something in my town to warrant saying that. I didn't even see you after the first time you came through the station, so why say that when we barely interacted?

Anyways, all of that said, I'm asking Bii and my friend about it as well.

You also said "thanks" as you left, implying that you did something in my town to warrant saying that. I didn't even see you after the first time you came through the station, so why say that when we barely interacted?

Thanks for having me in your town. That's it. Simple. You're paranoid.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true

Anyways, all of that said, I'm asking Bii and my friend about it as well.

hahah

Kenai

Well, shit. I talked to him about a dozen times, but he never woke up. I assumed the entire incident was just a joke at that point, so I quit trying. Hopefully he'll come back.

He gives pretty neat stuff. Souvenirs of whatever country he visited if you guess it right (and it seems like he gives fairly obvious clues, he talked about Hollywood for me). I guessed right and won a Statue of Liberty model he sent in the mail the next day.

Coquette

Clear space for maximum beetle hunting, get inundated with nothing but hermit crabs and wharf roaches. Nice.

Then, fill basket and have too many beetles to bring home, noooo! Sell 4 goliath beetles and some coconuts to Leilani for like 1,200 bells.

Get back to town, realize it's 0245 and Re-Tail is closed. I think that's my sign that it's bed time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom