• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does this stupid luna bitch keep telling me that my internet connection is unstable? I can easily visit other people's towns in real time. I'm talking to somebody on skype right now and I never have any lag when playing planetside 2. I should easily be able to do a feature in animal crossing. I don't get it.

FillerB

Can rumors be false? Had a villager (Merry) say that she heard that a new house was being build, but I can't for the life of me find the construction site.

New to Animal Crossing, how do I get these prizes tied to the balloons? I followed one all the way to the other side of town and it just went up a cliff and off screen.

Why does this stupid luna bitch keep telling me that my internet connection is unstable? I can easily visit other people's towns in real time. I'm talking to somebody on skype right now and I never have any lag when playing planetside 2. I don't get it.

Everyone seems to be getting that when you select the first random option. If you select by region or enter a specific code, it should work fine.

New to Animal Crossing, how do I get these prizes tied to the balloons? I followed one all the way to the other side of town and it just went up a cliff and off screen.

You need to buy a slingshot which usually shows up randomly in the T&T store (Nooklings' Store upgrade).

Or you can wait until the balloon reaches a cliff and use your net to swat it down.

Dragnet

Just played with my first Japanese person! ..a 13 year old girl. THIS GAME GETS WEIRD.

Trying to play with people from my country now, but I get errors EVERY TIME! All I want is Bananas, Re-Tail is buying them :(

Danielsan

Just played with my first Japanese person! ..a 13 year old girl. THIS GAME GETS WEIRD.

Trying to play with people from my country now, but I get errors EVERY TIME! All I want is Bananas, Re-Tail is buying them :(
Wait. Can you play with random people? I'm dying to check other people's towns, but the few GAFfers that I've added almost never have their gate open.

Bumhead

Banned
So what's the secret behind the big cash visits to the island?

Just got access to it and captured some bugs (not on the tours, just on the free bit), picked some fruit to plant and did a bit of fishing. Not managed to capture anything out of the ordinary though, other than one or two bugs and beetles which aren't in my town.

Took them all back to town to sell but I'm still only really dealing with pocket change. Just sold a stag beetle and a load of fruit beetles at Re-Tail and only got about 8,000 bells.

Is there a specifc time that's best to visit? Do I have to sell the bugs elsewhere, or can I make money and not just medals from doing the tours? Not really sure how to generate any big cash out of this island yet.

afoni

Banned
tumblr_mosr5kS9651spc5nfo1_400.jpg

Yeah, me too.

Bumhead

Banned
Best bugs show up after 11pm if I recall correctly. Fruits and fish - outside of sharks - don't bring in much. Focus on bugs.

The fruits were mainly for my town. Bagged some coconuts, Banana's and mangoes from my trip, none of which I previously had, so planted them all back home. I had heard that things get interesting on the island after 11pm but not sure how much difference there is between night and day there.. will have to check it out.

Is there specific criteria for how and why sharks appear? I've only seen 1 and that was at home in my town. Couldn't catch it though.

Specifically, the beetles on the palm trees.

Ah, I didn't see any beetles on the palm tree's, only on the fruit tree's. Will keep an eye out, cheers.

ramyeon

Here's a guide to making money on the island at night. Tells you when to go, what to look for, and how to maximize your earnings.

http://bausprouse.tumblr.com/post/52597686490/the-misers-guide-to-making-bells-in-animal-crossing
Good guide but I wouldn't even bother with fishing or fruit trees. Get rid of any plant that isn't a palm tree and just catch the bugs on those. Fishing is too cumbersome and time consuming and the fruit trees spawn more worthless bugs than rare ones anyway.

It's also after 7pm not 11pm like someone said earlier.

Minimum I get per trip is 350k.

Good guide but I wouldn't even bother with fishing or fruit trees. Get rid of any plant that isn't a palm tree and just catch the bugs on those. Fishing is too cumbersome and time consuming and the fruit trees spawn more worthless bugs than rare ones anyway.

It's also after 7pm not 11pm like someone said earlier.

Minimum I get per trip is 350k.

I agree. My fruit trees are gone (for now, at least). Maybe an amended version of a guide like this could be added to the OT at some point explaining the finer points of beetle mining. But this link can at least get someone started for now.

And it is definitely 7pm. That's when I do my 35 minutes each evening.

Totakeke

Weirder still is that like 80% of them are 11-14 year old boys/girls playing at late night.

The Japanese AC community is pulling a fast one on us, right?

... or we're playing a game only the young kids play in Japan.

Nightz

Can I visit your town to sell my bananas? ;)

Kokonoe

Banned
Weirder still is that like 80% of them are 11-14 year old boys/girls playing at late night.

The Japanese AC community is pulling a fast one on us, right?

... or we're playing a game only the young kids play in Japan.

Kids should grow up with Animal Crossing, perfect "good childhood" material.

although, your message makes me feel like a babby now.

No new hybrids. :(
I am doing it right, yeah?

9kubIbV.png

vvBIOcN.png

Wow, you have colors I haven't seen before in the flowers.

ramyeon

I agree. My fruit trees are gone (for now, at least). Maybe an amended version of a guide like this could be added to the OT at some point explaining the finer points of beetle mining. But this link can at least get someone started for now.

And it is definitely 7pm. That's when I do my 35 minutes each evening.
Yeah me too haha. I usually try to get in an island run once or twice per evening and haven't had to worry about funds outside of that ever since!
They actually appear even earlier at 6pm which is kinda neat, cause you can also catch walking sticks at that time, and its not quite night. so day bugs are still available.
You could go at 6pm but day bugs spawning isn't good - there's a limit to spawns at any given time on the screen and if all the common, worthless bugs are taking those spaces it limits your chances of getting valuable ones like golden stags.

7pm onwards is prime time if your intention is farming for bells. I often get several golden stags and horned Hercules in a row.

K' Dash

Hi Guys, is anyone here who's early in the game? I got a piece of every fruit available from my town and I'd like someone starting the game to plant them in their town, I got:

-Oranges
-Coconuts
-Cherries
-Apples
-Peaches
-Pears
-Mangoes
-Lychees
-Bananas
-Persimmons
-Durians
-Lemon

PM me.

zigg

Look what I got.

I got four of these bad boys this morning. If two cross, I get fuckin
BLUE ROSES

Unless the Internet is lying to me.

Gregorn

Wait, what color are you aiming for?

My layout for breeding is:

=X=X=X=
=Y=Y=
=X=X=X=

With = being spaces, X and Y being the parent flowers. The pattern could be extended of course.

Any rare colour really. I heard diaginal was better for breeding, so tried this patten.

I'll try yours out with my roses.

Look what I got.

http://twitter.com/zigg/status/348416485275865090/photo/1

BLUE ROSES

Nope, you got it right. I'm going to try making one of those red roses today since I got an orange rose this morning!

Any rare colour really. I heard diaginal was better for breeding, so tried this patten.

I'll try yours out with my roses.
You heard right. Btw here's a guide for colors.

Chopper

Look what I got.

BLUE ROSES

Oh, that is awesome. You are well ahead of me. My orange crosses are just not playing ball.

zigg

Oh, that is awesome. You are well ahead of me. My orange crosses are just not playing ball.
I've been trying to do this for days, haha. Then all of a sudden this morning, bam, four of them.

Maybe the solstice was better for breeding than the daily rain I've been having all week. Come to think of it, it seemed like I was having better luck that first sunny week while using my watering can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom