• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I exchanged friend codes with a kind Japanese person on the island and I don't have even slightly any idea on how to read Japanese and I don't know what to do and how to process this

What do I do GAF aaaahhhh I'm too introverted for this stuff. ;-;

Get in there and talk about hamburgers and freedom. Recite the pledge of allegiance and go cut all their cherry trees down. Mail all their villagers propaganda.

Have you seen Pelly and Phyllis together at the same time? I haven't.
There's merit to your theory.
She just dyes her feathers and changes outfits/personalities for the night shift.

tumblr_m6mzrs0OOl1rr7c36.gif

IrishNinja

just setup a tumblr page for AC pics, how'd yall say to link that to my 3DS again

This along with the Able Sisters' story paints a sad story for such an innocent game.

wait, what about the Able sisters is sad?

ps i need to check the OP in this thread for you & some other people's FC's fam

Berordn

wait, what about the Able sisters is sad?

Kind of spoilery from the previous games, but...

Their parents died when they were still rather young. Sable took it upon herself to take care of Mabel and Label and started running the family shop with no prior experience. Label wasn't pleased with the idea of just following in her parents footsteps, got in a fight with Sable and left her to take care of Mabel by herself. Sable never forgave herself for losing her sister and became an introvert.

Label would later be discovered by Gracie who liked her styles and gave her the designer name Labelle. She went on to run Graciegrace in The City, and in City Folk you finally get to reconcile the two.

Elija2

It kinda bothers me that when a villager is happy and they're whistling, they'll regularly whistle your town tune. I don't know why, but I think whistling random notes sounds better, which they still kinda do. They whistle the town tune much too often though.

IrishNinja

help me step my beetle-hunting/island game up

1) are hermit crabs worth my time? what do they net (heh)

2) im only concerned with sharks & beetles on the front of trees, yeah? im getting better at creeping up on em & not whiffing but sometimes they fly off even when im not there yet, is that random?

Nav to http://i.nintendo.net on the 3DS web browser and click Tumblr

doing this tonight!

Kind of spoilery from the previous games, but...

Their parents died when they were still rather young. Sable took it upon herself to take care of Mabel and Label and started running the family shop with no prior experience. Label wasn't pleased with the idea of just following in her parents footsteps, got in a fight with Sable and left her to take care of Mabel by herself. Sable never forgave herself for losing her sister and became an introvert.

Label would later be discovered by Gracie who liked her styles and gave her the designer name Labelle. She went on to run Graciegrace in The City, and in City Folk you finally get to reconcile the two.

(;_;) i knew i missed something skipping that one...thanks man

Yo, this is it:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=65394051&postcount=9101

Think about it, and you dig 'em up after the rain;

There has been murder last night.

It is you digging them up.

wait what the fuck
whats this about murder?

I went to visit Tammy since she's the only manbeast abomination that gives me medicine for my innumerable bee stings. When I tried poking through her dresser, though, I got the message "...Sometimes it's best to forget what has just been seen."

I won't be visiting Tammy again. Or approaching her alone outside without a witness nearby.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Man putting path design down takes forever. It does start to pay off though.

tumblr_motzd5qgiz1qf54ayo1_400.jpg

tumblr_motze2TdJX1qf54ayo1_400.jpg

Putting the designs on umbrellas so that alt characters can grab them makes for some neat umbrellas.

tumblr_motzf8g0f31qf54ayo1_400.jpg

IrishNinja

thinkin a fountain might be next, doing a custom sign right now...deciding if i want MF DOOM or maybe a shot of Devito as the Penguin with "LIKE A HARP FROM HELL" written at the bottom just to let these citizens know what's up

when i figure out how to put custom pics in my house there's gonna be a Wu symbol, prolly ATCQ & a shenmue poster, please believe

My town tune is the Junes song.

everything's great a-bout this post~

A couple of things I noticed while dreaming:

-When shaking trees, the locations for money, bees, and furniture are pre-determined at the beginning of the day. Let's say you quit without saving after shaking a tree that contains one of these items. That tree would have the same thing fall out if you load the game back up again on the same day.
-However, even though where furniture would fall is pre-determined, the actual piece of furniture that falls is completely random. One could potentially abuse this to get the furniture he/she wants since a different piece of furniture would fall every time.
-Similarly, you know how some tree stumps have unique marks on them? Those are random, too. If you want to chop down a certain tree and want it to have a unique mark, you can quit without saving if you fail. I'll probably do this because I've yet to chop down a tree that leaves one of these marks and would rather not chop down my whole town just to get it.

SmithnCo

-When shaking trees, the locations for money, bees, and furniture are pre-determined at the beginning of the day. Let's say you quit without saving after shaking a tree that contains one of these items. That tree would have the same thing fall out if you load the game back up again on the same day.
-However, even though where furniture would fall is pre-determined, the actual piece of furniture that falls is completely random. One could potentially abuse this to get the furniture he/she wants since a different piece of furniture would fall every time.
-Similarly, you know how some tree stumps have unique marks on them? Those are random, too. If you want to chop down a certain tree and want it to have a unique mark, you can quit without saving if you fail. I'll probably do this because I've yet to chop down a tree that leaves one of these marks and would rather not chop down my whole town just to get it.

Very interesting. The stump thing would come in handy if you're going for a unique one in a particular spot. Better than waiting three days for a tree to grow, I guess.

Oh... you can reset tree stumps? Now stump collection seems not so great :(

Might be of interest to the thread but I added a 3DS friend code section to your user profiles here so you can add your friend code, might make exchanging a little easier :)
very nice and miiverse too!

Thanks! So if I sit on the island for 5+ hours will I have the darkest tan the next day?

I have not been able to achieve level 5 doing that on the island yet but the island was cloudy and it even rained once so not sure

I am waiting for an extra sunny day please note that the Wiki takes the tanning guide as a whole from the series as a whole New Leaf is much much harder to tan

I am still trying I think I got to level 3 but lost a level because the island was raining during that day when Isabelle was outside because the sun was out until 11pm

stop making urban legends about this game people the game is creepy enough as is

question how many animals total per town if you already have all 4 player houses in town is it 9 or 10?

cannot wait for some of the losers to move out

2am went into Eugene's house again he is still rocking but was sleeping standing up do they ever use those beds?

Going all in on turnips this week because I'd rather not be slave to the island. It should be the chill place it was meant to be!

this is a good idea that is why I just fired my copy up to see if I can get some extra hunt time at the island to fund at least 400K of turnups which hopefully will help me become a millionaire faster

the island hunts pay for expansion of my house and one project daily I got 3 extra houses for my Geisha alts I need to fund

Going all in on turnips this week because I'd rather not be slave to the island. It should be the chill place it was meant to be!

this is a good idea that is why I just fired my copy up to see if I can get some extra hunt time at the island to fund at least 400K of turnups which hopefully will help me become a millionaire faster

the island hunts pay for expansion of my house and one project daily I got 3 extra houses for my Geisha alts I need to fund

A lot of us are going all in. Consult this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=595431

I'm going 1.5 million into turnips because I'm tired of farming the island. And, I'll give 10% to whoever has the highest turnip price when I sell. I think that seems fair.

gifts from some Japanese friends
Gf6kzpK.jpg

njz0N3U.jpg

such a cool room
Z82Ks7y.jpg

someday
2pFOj2x.jpg

now this is gettin CRAZY
bllrt2D.jpg

Japanese know how to party
BaXM3iH.jpg

love it when they congregate (sporting another gift—full ninja set)
wTP3f0S.jpg

it's good to have friends (online and off)
OcCCgUC.jpg

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
So I just found out about Dream Suite towns. It sounds to me like anything you do in those towns doesn't actually alter them for the person who owns the town. But does that work inversely? Like if I visit your Dream Suite town and take all of your fruit, will I still have it when I go home?

What if you just happened to leave a ton of furniture and bells outside, as well? If I take them, are they still there for you? Would I get to keep them?

I don't have Dream Suite yet, so I don't know how it works...

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
now this is gettin CRAZY
bllrt2D.jpg

Ummm, wtf... Can you grow money trees or something?

Also, can I become friends with your Japanese friends? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom