• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

I really need to stop hoarding and start selling all that junk I'm not going to use.
Ditto. It's really hard to stop before I have access to the catalog, though.
I at least broke down and sold off all of the girl's clothes that my guy character will never wear.
Except for those that provide choice feng shui bonuses. Those stay in my house.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Found out more about money trees.

Note that for every 1000 bells you bury with the golden shovel, the tree will have a 1% chance of becoming a money tree, considering that it grows in the first place. A money tree will always grow three bags of 30,000 bells, regardless of how many bells you bury. The money will not grow back once picked.

In other words, not really worth it.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Repost from before:

So I just found out about Dream Suite towns. It sounds to me like anything you do in those towns doesn't actually alter them for the person who owns the town. But does that work inversely? Like if I visit your Dream Suite town and take all of your fruit, will I still have it when I go home?

What if you just happened to leave a ton of furniture and bells outside, as well? If I take them, are they still there for you? Would I get to keep them?

I don't have Dream Suite yet, so I don't know how it works...

Labrys

Repost from before:

So I just found out about Dream Suite towns. It sounds to me like anything you do in those towns doesn't actually alter them for the person who owns the town. But does that work inversely? Like if I visit your Dream Suite town and take all of your fruit, will I still have it when I go home?

What if you just happened to leave a ton of furniture and bells outside, as well? If I take them, are they still there for you? Would I get to keep them?

It's literally a dream. Nothing there sticks, and you cannot take back any items. It's really more of a novelty thing, good for getting ideas and stuff like that.
You can get one of their patterns from Wendell if they have they have allowed it, though.

Totakeke

Looks awesome, but your Manneken Pis is missing its intended target. :p

Not a bachelor pad without toilet humor. :)

Repost from before:

You can't bring anything back except for patterns AFAIK.

Betty

Banned
Repost from before:

Anything you do in the dream suite won't affect someone's town.

You will not be able to take back anything you pick up, however, if you meet a character called Wendel, you might be able to copy some designs of the host town, that is if they haven't disable the option of course.

Gvaz

Banned
tumblr_mou3ref3U11qzrwpzo1_400.jpg

Thanks KK, but I wasn't in a latin mood tonight.

tumblr_mou3lmeRsQ1qzrwpzo1_400.jpg

Buddy sold me the crown for 70% it usually goes for. Wooo
Now I'm super cute :3

Ditto. It's really hard to stop before I have access to the catalog, though.
I at least broke down and sold off all of the girl's clothes that my guy character will never wear.
Except for those that provide choice feng shui bonuses. Those stay in my house.

Do you have to buy something to have it become available in the catalog?

Betty

Banned
Thanks for the Turnip frenzy, Betty. Now the waiting game begins.

Thanks for the fruit and Yoshi egg, and as for your earlier question, yes, you need to buy/own the item before it's added to the catalog.

Some items, like balloon furniture and nintendo fortune cookie prizes cannot be bought from the catalog, although it will record you having owned them at some point.

My first turnip day today - any tips? Go all-in or take it easy?

First time, I say spend 20%-30% of your earnings on turnips if you're feeling cautious.
Just make sure you have plenty of people to connect with [here, for example] because a few of them are bound to have a high sale mid-week.

Dacvak

Out of curiosity, if someone joins someone else's town to listen to KK, will KK give that outsider a take-home copy of the song even if the person who actually lives in the town has already done so?

That would be awesome.

Followup question: If you can do that, is KK around on anyone's game at the moment?

IrishNinja

man i need some ninja gear, hope they sell it today

First time, I say spend 20%-30% of your earnings on turnips if you're feeling cautious.
Just make sure you have plenty of people to connect with [here, for example] because a few of them are bound to have a high sale mid-week.

thanks for this, was about to ask myself - the connections here are great, but my shitty hours means ill miss some better deals.

im like 3 or 4 days in, reese only offers 50-60 so far...what's a good sale price to go in on? also given my new nightly bug hunts on the island i prolly don't want too much inventory sitting in the lockers, i tend to try to fill those up as much as i can before the next day

I just found an awesome stump with a triforce on it, but it's in a crappy spot. Is there any way to move it?

whoah, didn't know this could happen, awesome

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Thanks. I guess you have to factor in storage too - if you're crammed to the rafters with turnips you are limited by storage until you can sell.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
man i need some ninja gear, hope they sell it today

thanks for this, was about to ask myself - the connections here are great, but my shitty hours means ill miss some better deals.

im like 3 or 4 days in, reese only offers 50-60 so far...what's a good sale price to go in on? also given my new nightly bug hunts on the island i prolly don't want too much inventory sitting in the lockers, i tend to try to fill those up as much as i can before the next day

whoah, didn't know this could happen, awesome

Why don't you just immediately sell the bugs? You can only carry so many from the island, just shuttle them to retail rather than moving them to your storage, only takes a minute.

Btw, any idea why you need to put stuff in the box for the island and you can't just leave things your pockets?

As for crappy hours, couldn't you ask for help with that? In theory you could leave your turnips on the ground and then open your gates and put the 3dS to sleep. Then someone from a town with a good price could pop over and get them and sell them for you? I think that'd work, not sure though.

Labrys

Btw, any idea why you need to put stuff in the box for the island and you can't just leave things your pockets?
You get your items back from Kapp'n when you return, you couldn't have any items coming back or they'd interfere with your town inventory. Overflow, stuff like that.

IrishNinja

Why don't you just immediately sell the bugs? You can only carry so many from the island, just shuttle them to retail rather than moving them to your storage, only takes a minute.

ah yeah, i totally do this! i mean, i go hunting like every night, and cant sell till the morning when reese opens. having a few lockers full of turnips all week would cost me some grinding money is all.

As for crappy hours, couldn't you ask for help with that? In theory you could leave your turnips on the ground and then open your gates and put the 3dS to sleep. Then someone from a town with a good price could pop over and get them and sell them for you? I think that'd work, not sure though.

now that you mention it, i'm wondering if that works!

Gvaz

Banned
Secret ACNL: Xbox Edition. My Dad's Uncle's Brother totally transferred my save file to the console edition and here's what it looks like:

Ub1JV9n.jpg

tumblr_mou2vpB4nn1r79ze4o1_400.jpg

I changed my path. Now I have 3 slots for misc. patterns (Homura and Madoka taking up 2 of them)
With Jacques moving in tomorrow, my lighthouse being finished and maybe getting the Museum upgrade request, today has been a good day.

I like your path tiles, did you make them yourself? Could do with some for my park path!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Go on a tour and pick up some fruit. It won't get taken away from you when you end the tour, and then you can go and plant it.

Unless it is the scavenger hunt

Should try and keep a stack of each fruit somewhere though just in case you do something silly like chop down all the trees :)

Gvaz

Banned
I wish I could enact Early Bird and Night owl at the same time.

Also change their hours to something more reasonable for a 24 year old

Like "early bird" is like 6am. and Night owl is like 2am

IrishNinja

I wish I could enact Early Bird and Night owl at the same time.

Also change their hours to something more reasonable for a 24 year old

Like "early bird" is like 6am. and Night owl is like 2am

god yes, i cant make up my mind which i'd use more...debating early bird just to get shit done by 7-8a before bed, but then i miss most everything during the day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom