• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroEdge

So my Wife has been watching my son and me play this game now for the last couple weeks....now he's pretty much lost his 3DS to her lol. She made a character and moved into his town and has been raiding mine since he doesn't have the island open yet. She almost lost it this morning she was fishing on my island and the connection dropped and she lost all her beetles and sharks hehehe. I think i may have to break down and by a 3rd 3DS now for her...damn you Nintendo...

Lissar

Reluctant Member
BNd9fu6CYAA7ZrV.jpg

Wait, that's not how--

BNd95t1CMAAGHg4.jpg

Yeah, that's right. Don't deny it.

Colton wasn't even here.

BNd-IRWCUAAMGlx.jpg

Yes.

Vibranium

Banned
Got the Luigi hat, so I'm pretty happy about my headgear for now, but why the hell isn't there a Waluigi hat? He's given his due in Find Mii 2 Streetpass Quest yet ignored by the AC team yet again....

I also built my Dream Suite today, hopefully I'll get the chance to build the Museum Shop soon for Blathers so then I can get the cafe and chill with my bro Brewster.

zigg

Anyone figure out why a lot of people got a mass town rating drop yesterday?
I think the verbage just changed to reflect the fact that a lot of people aren't starting out anymore.

I started the game on the 7th and I think I've had the "so-so" verbage for a few days now, haven't been keeping strict track though.

YodaJM

Neo Member
Filled all empty storage slots with turnips... Now to watch the turnip thread like a hawk.

I need all astro series besides the TV, the wallpaper and the closet. I also need all the space theme items besides the rocket and the space station. I can trade the best buy clock, or the following Nintendo items: Yoshi egg, question block, Master Sword, Bill Cannon, Red Mushroom, Warp Pipe, Fire Flower, Balance Board, Toad Hat or if you are collecting a theme I can check my catalog-- I buy all the furniture every day just to catalog it.

I have the astro bed, chair and CD player as well as a space shuttle. Could I come to your town and we can just catalog each others astro and space items? (When you pick up an item its added to the catalog and you can buy from Nook)

FC 4484-7795-6814

zigg

So I've arrived at a shocking conclusion in my Grand Unified Flower Theory, operating on a sample size of one (my town): flowers need water and sun!

Here are the data points:

1. It's been cloudy and raining a lot lately. Sucks. Seems to suck for hybridization, too. I get a random spawn here or there but they're not necessarily any good. I was doing a lot better when it was sunnier out and I would go around watering most flowers.

2. Because it's been rainy, nothing's been wilting. So I've been trying to water the pairs I want to spawn (e.g. orange/purple roses.) But they just stupidly sit there, not making sweet flower love.

3. On the day of the solstice, bright clear skies all day long, no rain. Nothing had wilted because it rained the day before. So I watered just the orange/purple rose pairs, since they're my current focus, and moved on. Next morning, tons of wilting, but four red+ roses!

4. It's been raining again. All flowers were watered yesterday despite the rain, and this morning, wilting is nonexistent but hybridization is looking crappy again*. One more red+ rose and nothing else special.

The one data point I don't have is whether rain counts exactly the same as hand-watering or not. I haven't wanted to risk losing a wilted flower to rain. It did work in past games, but I'm feeling awfully protective.

So. Does this jive with others' flower experiences?

* My town is so full of flowers now and they don't really have a pattern that makes it easy to spot new hybrids very well that I'm not 100% sure this was all I had, but I'm pretty sure.

zigg

I had a great rating for about a week and then sudden it went to "so-so".
I don't have the exact verbage anymore, but the way Isabelle put it, it sounded more like everyone was excited that the town was moving up rather than saying it was actually perfect. But yeah, I dunno. Just a thought I had when she started saying "so-so." Could've been partially due to tree removal I embarked on because it was stupid island fruit that paid out squat.

ohlawd

So Ken wanted to move out on the 28th and he went in hard with the sympathetic bs "oh I wanted you to be the first to know, waaaaaaah. I didn't get you pregnant but I'm moving out!"

I was like "Yes goodbye you boring-ass villager!" so with all due haste, I pressed the "k goodbye" option.

Dude went all tsundere on me and he's like "i thot we was good frends. I-i-it's not like I want to be better friends with you or anything. That's not why I'm s-s-staying!"

So he's staying now. Do you mean to tell me I have to pick the other option for next time? >_> If this shit is just randomized and your choice don't matter.... argh.

So I've arrived at a shocking conclusion in my Grand Unified Flower Theory, operating on a sample size of one (my town): flowers need water and sun!

Here are the data points:

1. It's been cloudy and raining a lot lately. Sucks. Seems to suck for hybridization, too. I get a random spawn here or there but they're not necessarily any good. I was doing a lot better when it was sunnier out and I would go around watering most flowers.

Yup. This always seems to be the case with mine.

left my 3DS open for 6 hours on the island now way I am not level 5 tan tomorrow

no QR for me today but had a Nice convo today with Sable and Mable those two are funny

zigg

Do they need to be adjacent in this game or diagonal? I wasnt sure so i am just sticking to 3x3 or 3x4 grids so every possible pair has at least one open spot.
Either should work. The open question is which is more effective.

I'm only doing diagonals, but I think it matters less in this game than in previous games. In WW, the flower spawn could be anywhere in town and could in turn be hybrid if it touched a parent that was touching another parent. Low odds. In this game, it seems to be that spawns occur adjacent to one of two parents, bringing the odds way up.

Levi

Banned
I have the astro bed, chair and CD player as well as a space shuttle. Could I come to your town and we can just catalog each others astro and space items? (When you pick up an item its added to the catalog and you can buy from Nook)

FC 4484-7795-6814

My friend code is 1263 6107 8886. Thanks! :-D

when you create your own patterns for inside your house how does HHA grade that?

do you get a bonus or do you get less points than if you stayed with collection sets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom