• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elija2

I feel like I don't even understand the game when I read stuff in here. As a newbie I'm considering just trading it away it feels to overwhelming. Grab Luigi instead or something!

It all depends on how you approach the game. There's a lot of people in this thread talking about stuff like turnips and whatever that might seem overwhelming, but if you completely ignore that stuff you'll still have fun. It's kinda like Pokemon. There's high-level players talking about IVs or EVs or whatever, but most people ignore that stuff and still have a good time. I remember when I played Wild World I didn't know about turnips or how to best make money, I just did whatever I wanted to.

So I got super excited with my fortune when Nook said Blue Pikmin. I was all like yes Pikmin statue, instead its a fucking hat. So I'm selling it. Highest Bidder gets it?

zroid

Banned
Two things I newly learned you could do:

tumblr_mov9u3ghj41sv54gpo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mov9v9NVyi1sv54gpo1_400.jpg

MicH

Muffy sold me another legit painting. That is two legit paintings in two days. What is this madness? I'm actually starting to like her. Dear god

Gvaz

Banned
I feel like I don't even understand the game when I read stuff in here. As a newbie I'm considering just trading it away it feels to overwhelming. Grab Luigi instead or something!

You aren't doing it right if you're trying to compete. Just take it easy!

tumblr_mova22DpSs1qzrwpzo1_400.jpg

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Went shopping just now and actually got a Streetpass for Animal Crossing with a model home. Awesome!

This is like my 2nd ever streetpass; and it's even better that it had AC data with it. ^____^

I got one today as well after going on a long walk with my 3DS. Definitely pretty exciting, though I'd figure going through two college campuses would be a lot more lucrative, but oh well.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Muffy sold me another legit painting. That is two legit paintings in two days. What is this madness? I'm actually starting to like her. Dear god

She's lulling you into a false sense of security! Don't fall for the lies of the Queen of Darkness!

suzu

^ Equip wetsuit, jump off cliff into the water.

The villager I am ignoring seem to be giving me legit art too. I will only talk to them when they run up to me (in hopes of them telling me they are moving out). lol.

Duster

I feel so bad for Digby just standing there forlornly in the rain in his little yellow coat, I try to include him in village life but he never moves, never sleeps, never changes his dialogue and won't come to ceremonies. He just stands there, forever.

I'm going to have to take my 3DS for a walk in the hope of getting a streetpass hit just to give the poor dog something to do.

Actually Animal Crossing does seem to have have a dark underbelly hiding beneath the cheerful surface.

I am visiting a dream town you can't keep the free stuff on the floor can you?

this is a japanese town from to youtube streamers I have been watching for this game
she had bells and the ATM and wetsuit on the floor also fruits so if I leave this dream do I take them with me?

I am visiting a dream town you can't keep the free stuff on the floor can you?

this is a japanese town from to youtube streamers I have been watching for this game
she had bells and the ATM and wetsuit on the floor also fruits so if I leave this dream do I take them with me?

Nope! Absolutely nothing but patterns you choose to take will come back with you.

Koomaster

How does street passing work in this game? I cant seem to find an explanation.
Well you need to put your 3DS in sleep (keep the system turned on, but close the lid) and take it with you where you go. If someone else has their 3DS in sleep mode and is within range of yours, you exchange information like your Miis and whatever games (like AC) have information to share.

If you get a streetpass for AC, on Mainstreet, just go straight back and talk to the grey dog Digby and he will take you into the model homes area. There you can check out someone else's house that you streetpassed and order things in their home from the catalog.

That seems to be all there is to it.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
How come japanese AC players can make their villager make facial expressions? Is there a way for us in NA to do the same??

disco

Wow GAF - this is just fantastic. I got it through a free download by registering three Nintendo titles - didn't think I would like it - but bloody hell this is just great. These kind of things really aren't my thing tbh but shit, I can't wait till 10 tomorrow till I go pay off my first mortgage payment now that I have enough bells!

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
It's amazing how a little too much to drink affects your ability to catch bugs on the island.

Didn't know about that, lol. I love the little things they put in this game like that. Something more minor that I noticed yesterday is the brightness of the lighting in your house is shown outside of the house as well. It's always been like that, but there are different levels of brightness now depending on the lighting furniture you have combined with whether or not you flipped the touch screen switch.

Super small details but I love it when devs do that kind of stuff.

Didn't know about that, lol. I love the little things they put in this game like that. Something more minor that I noticed yesterday is the brightness of the lighting in your house is shown outside of the house as well. It's always been like that, but there are different levels of brightness now depending on the lighting furniture you have combined with whether or not you flipped the touch screen switch.

Super small details but I love it when devs do that kind of stuff.

I think he meant like, real world alcohol, which I can also attest to. Fucking sensitive beetles, what's their problem?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I think he meant like, real world alcohol, which I can also attest to. Fucking sensitive beetles, what's their problem?

Ohhhhh, yeah I can see that, haha. I don't have the island yet, thought there was some sorta drink there or something.

I've been to 5 different towns trying to hock off my peaches, but every single one had peaches as native fruits loool, I can't even......can anyone out there whose native fruit ISN'T a peach open their gates for me? I bring hybrid flowers and a kings beard. Also a perfect peach

I've been to 5 different towns trying to hock off my peaches, but every single one had peaches as native fruits loool, I can't even......can anyone out there whose native fruit ISN'T a peach open their gates for me? I bring hybrid flowers and a kings beard. Also a perfect peach

I've got Apples as my native, my FC is in my profile. I'll add you real quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom