• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lw5aGOf.jpg

Found Nemo too

uPP1T8t.jpg

K.K. rocks!

addyb

Its a fantastic game. Don't have a set structure in mind for my town yet. I'm just planting far too many trees but once I start stockpiling axes I'm going to give it a big overhaul and try and get some organisation.

Totally unrelated but can anyone recommend a good harvest moon game for the DS? I've got a tale of two towns for the 3DS which is ok but a new beginning isn't out in the UK yet. I've also got Rune Factory 3 incoming but I'm torn between the few HM games that are out for the DS. Do I get Grand Bazaar, sunshine islands, island of happiness, cute.

I've no idea. Lol

I'm just laying road down on a design alt, but people are free to come snoop around. I know there's a silver net on sale ;D.

FC is on profile, just send me a pm with yours and Ill open the gate soon.

rpmurphy

I just don't get how this online works :$
If you have people added to your friends list, they can jump into your town if you have your gates open. And other details:
- When you have visitors in your town, you can add each other to your 3DS friends list in-game. If you are already 3DS friends, you can add each other as "best friends" which allows you to in-game chat even when you are not in the same town.
- The resort allows you to obtain a "Club membership" for 50 medals. This allows you to match up with a random group online when heading to the resort.

If you'd like to try it out, send me a PM.

javac

If you have people added to your friends list, they can jump into your town if you have your gates open. And other details:
- When you have visitors in your town, you can add each other to your 3DS friends list in-game. If you are already 3DS friends, you can add each other as "best friends" which allows you to in-game chat even when you are not in the same town.
- The resort allows you to obtain a "Club membership" for 50 medals. This allows you to match up with a random group online when heading to the resort.

If you'd like to try it out, send me a PM.

Thank you! I probably sound like a massive idiot for not getting the grasp of the online functionality of AC but I guess I get nervous about stuff like this. I get anxious about doing something wrong or having a rubbish town in light of you Animal Crossing geniuses. I'm really enjoying the game. 50 hours in and everything is shaping up good I guess!

Tenck

Hate how we have to wait so damn long for QR code machine. I'm so close to just time traveling!

Can't though, I spent 1.4million bells on Turnips.

ohlawd

Yes I know. But I didn't know it would take five days. Why does a nightclub need five days of preparation, seriously? Will I see blue tarp or does it just become active five days later?

He actually finishes in one day and spends the rest of the four days partying inside the club, strippers and all.

Your club is used goods.

So I've arrived at a shocking conclusion in my Grand Unified Flower Theory, operating on a sample size of one (my town): flowers need water and sun!

Here are the data points:

1. It's been cloudy and raining a lot lately. Sucks. Seems to suck for hybridization, too. I get a random spawn here or there but they're not necessarily any good. I was doing a lot better when it was sunnier out and I would go around watering most flowers.

2. Because it's been rainy, nothing's been wilting. So I've been trying to water the pairs I want to spawn (e.g. orange/purple roses.) But they just stupidly sit there, not making sweet flower love.

3. On the day of the solstice, bright clear skies all day long, no rain. Nothing had wilted because it rained the day before. So I watered just the orange/purple rose pairs, since they're my current focus, and moved on. Next morning, tons of wilting, but four red+ roses!

4. It's been raining again. All flowers were watered yesterday despite the rain, and this morning, wilting is nonexistent but hybridization is looking crappy again*. One more red+ rose and nothing else special.

The one data point I don't have is whether rain counts exactly the same as hand-watering or not. I haven't wanted to risk losing a wilted flower to rain. It did work in past games, but I'm feeling awfully protective.

So. Does this jive with others' flower experiences?

* My town is so full of flowers now and they don't really have a pattern that makes it easy to spot new hybrids very well that I'm not 100% sure this was all I had, but I'm pretty sure.

Great post, even if your unified theory isn't that unified . . . yet. It's been raining almost every day in my town, haven't watered in a week, no wilting, over 100 flowers. Thank you Zeus!

I unlocked a few things today. Today was the day that Nookling Junction would undergo renovation and remodeling, so no dortune cookie today, but I will we getting 2 each day from tomorrow! So that's great news. I'm also really looking forward to getting the catalog.

I started the day by buying 500k bells worth of turnips from Joan at 92 bells each. My lockers are now completely full. Hopefully one of us gets a nice price this coming week!

Unfortunately I only got one hybrid today. My beds spawned more regular flowers.

tumblr_mov359JZvn1svgayqo1_400.jpg

My one hybrid was another orange rose.I just need some purple roses to be able to start my blue rose project.

I also got the QR machine today. So that is GREAT news!!

tumblr_mov374qwb71svgayqo1_400.jpg

Can't wait to try it out

The Dream Suite opened up today and we started by having a ceremony to celebrate it.

tumblr_mov369S4UY1svgayqo1_400.jpg

I find Luna a little creepy. I don't know why.

The building is cool looking though!

tumblr_mov37wW9uU1svgayqo1_400.jpg

I like the music surrounding it

I visited my first town - a japanese one set in winter.

tumblr_mov38snpj51svgayqo1_400.jpg

Look at that beautiful aurora burealis!

And the person is certainly a gardener.

tumblr_mov39jNaqX1svgayqo1_400.jpg

So many blue roses

And as per tradition, the houses must be creepy as all fuck

tumblr_mov3a95FYO1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Get me oUT OF HERE!

I can't wait for Nook to open tomorrow :D Kicks is still under construction ahd should be for one more day.

I love this thread.

DedValve

Banned
Thanks for the name. As for path tiles that blend in, this is the closes I've seen:

It still doesn't match perfectly. I gave up and went with a path that has borders to it.

That pic with the perfect cherries has a perfect dirt road!

Any way for me to get that? I've spent far too much time making cobblestone and dirt roads for my town but keep failing. I don't have the eye to really create stuff like that so I get really jealous everytime I see beautiful roads like that!

rpmurphy

Thank you! I probably sound like a massive idiot for not getting the grasp of the online functionality of AC but I guess I get nervous about stuff like this. I get anxious about doing something wrong or having a rubbish town in light of you Animal Crossing geniuses. I'm really enjoying the game. 50 hours in and everything is shaping up good I guess!
No problem. Everyone's playing at their own pace and besides, it's only been released recently anyway (except for Japan) so I think everyone's at around the same point.

One random thought: the campsite might be the most useful pub work in the game. It allows you to try out villagers and if you like them you can invite them to your town. I just finally got a lion (Leonardo), which I'd been craving. Better than waiting for randoms to move in (and get a SECOND hippo as I did . . . jeesh!).

Awesome! Excuse my ignorance but how do you use the qr codes? Like do I have to hold up the 3DS camera while playing the game?

After speaking with Sable Abel in the clothing store once a day for like 10 days she'll get a new sewing machine. The machine allows you to scan and create QR codes and if you scan them you just hold the camera up to your computer screen.

DedValve

Banned
After speaking with Sable Abel in the clothing store once a day for like 10 days she'll get a new sewing machine. The machine allows you to scan and create QR codes and if you scan them you just hold the camera up to your computer screen.

Thanks for that! I've been speaking with her for awhile but I think I forgot to talked to her Wednesday...crap :(

Pyccko

Jesus Cuh-rist, that was silly. Spent about an hour and 45 minutes yesterday trying to catch an arowana, with no luck.
Turned on the game today, an the first fish I caught? An arowana. I guess I'm happy? I dunno? Sure, why not.

Anyways, I submitted my FC to the spreadsheet, but I'll just throw it on here too, if anybody wants to add me: 0001-4647-3138
I have no idea what I'm doing, but I seem to be having a good time, so that's nice.

ramyeon

It's a good day. Woke up and went to main street to find Kicks under construction, and a message on my bulletin board let me know that the Nookling store is going to be renovating tomorrow! A trip to Town Hall had Isabelle ask me to approve the Dream Suite and Barold came up to me suggesting we needed a Police Box as well!

And to top it all off Violet said she's moving out on the 29th! Hooray! Too bad it wasn't Muffy though :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom