• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpmurphy

I chatted with a Japanese boy and he gave me a crown, royal crown, and 500k bells. :O

How do they get those items to the resort? I thought you can't bring anything except what you're wearing?

Koomaster

I caught a Cha...
tumblr_movjf1PGRL1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Oh... well at least it was my first Gar, off to the museum with you.

Also, I was stalking a Tarantula, but then a neighbor ran up with a net and scared it away. :(

How can I get villagers to suggest new projects for me to complete? I want new things.

They only suggest new projects when they see you and act excited.
You can sort of manipulate this by talking to them then going to an area where they cannot see you for a while then walking by them.
They have to have not seen you around for about 15 minutes or so for them to have a chance of being excited.
And even then, they might just want to buy a bug from you or give you a present.

Animekatt

They only suggest new projects when they see you and act excited.
You can sort of manipulate this by talking to them then going to an area where they cannot see you for a while then walking by them.
They have to have not seen you around for about 15 minutes or so for them to have a chance of being excited.
And even then, they might just want to buy a bug from you or give you a present.

Does sitting in my house count as them not seeing me for 15 mins?

Thanks for the info!

Velcro Fly

Three full trips collecting beetles. Finally fished up a whale shark and got a horned hercules for my museum.

Got enough to pay off one mortgage, pay for a fountain for my town, and probably pay off part of another mortgage.

Sailor hat for 15 medals? Don't mind if I do!

Kangi

Quoting this cause I want to know, as well!

Things stay in your island box, so he might've just made trips back and forth and loaded the box full of goodies that he wore for the trip, plus just taking bells out of his inventory 99,000 at a time. That's a lot of effort just to give gifts to people, though, when you can just invite them to your town.

Edit: Oh, right, island has an ATM. That explains the bells.

WatTsu

Uuuuuuuuuugh beetle farming.

They aren't spawning enough for me to justify doing this. Maybe it'll be better after the thing has finished recharging.

I highly recommend making a second mule character.
Double storage space, double pattern space, double the gifts from visitors (especially if Redd has two legit items when he visits).
The only negatives are a couple map spaces being taken up by their house, really.

4. I wish you could actually make clothes for specific things. Make outfit 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 and name the outfits according to what you want to use them for. For instance: mayor duties, yard work, casual, formal, beach wear.

You click the pattern icon then outfits and click the outfit you want without having to use up space in your inventory for those clothes.

You can sort of do this with mannequins. It's not on you at all times but they serve the same purpose.

rpmurphy

Things stay in your island box, so he might've just made trips back and forth and loaded the box full of goodies that he wore for the trip, plus just taking bells out of his inventory 99,000 at a time. That's a lot of effort just to give gifts to people, though, when you can just invite them to your town.

Edit: Oh, right, island has an ATM. That explains the bells.
Ahh, that makes sense. Good reference for future trips to the club! :D

Although, I have nothing good to offer yet except the stuff that I just received (which I don't mind gifting in those situations).

Roto13

Uuuuuuuuuugh beetle farming.

They aren't spawning enough for me to justify doing this. Maybe it'll be better after the thing has finished recharging.

If you're doing it right, you should be able to fill your box up with beetles worth 8k+ each in 30-40 minutes.

zroid

Banned
I just discovered "scarab beetles", lol

elusive little buggers

Now I wonder how many times I chased them away, thinking they were fruit beetles.

Someone needs to dream about my town so Luna will stop giving me that disappointed look. You can tell me if the road thing I'm trying is working out or not. Dream Code: 4700-2146-7535

Tell me yours so I ken check em out. I'm eating and its easy to do.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Can you only dive while on the Island, or do you get your own wet-suit?

So, you can meet other people on the Island via WiFi, right? When and how do you unlock this.

Kangi

It seems that with the microphone, most swear words alert Kapp'n or Colton. Except for one that alerts Stinky.

You can randomly find wetsuits on sale at the island, and you can take those home if you have enough medals and swim around your town's ocean.

So, you can meet other people on the Island via WiFi, right? When and how do you unlock this.

You spend 50 medals on the piece of paper at the island shop.

Smilax

For the first question, you can eventually get your own wetsuit. It will cost 40 medals and it will be available in the Island shop. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not.

To do this, go to the island by yourself and you'll see a piece of paper on the table were the items are sold. It will cost 50 medals

You can dive anywhere there is ocean once you buy your own wetsuit. The island sells them randomly for 40 medals.

Yes, there are random matchups on the island. Grams will sometimes sell a Club Tortimer membership which unlocks this for 50 medals.

Animekatt

A tip my boyfriend told me yesterday: Whenever you have a villager inside Re-tail, you can push them towards anything you have for sale. 9 times out of 10, they wiill most likely be interested to buy the item.

Are you able to create or customize carpets or wallpapers eventually? I know you can set your own designs as carpet or wallpaper, but my problem with that is that it creates a tile effect.

rcl66

Anyone else unable to visit a random village with the dream shop? Putting in a code works but if I try to just let it pick it tells me my Internet isn't reliable and I can't sleep.

Elija2

I don't know how you guys get so lucky with Club Tortimer. Not only do I never meet anybody cool, but I always get disconnected and lose all my stuff!

Also, does anyone know approximately how long it takes for someone to give you their picture? I want their picture before I kick them out.

Soul Beat

Quick question. At what times can I catch a char?

Also, if anyone has that image about what you can catch in June it would be greatly appreciated.

Quick question. At what times can I catch a char?

Also, if anyone has that image about what you can catch in June it would be greatly appreciated.

Here's the image with what you can catch until the end of June, after which they won't show up again for a while. This isn't everything in June, though, so I'm not sure if it's what you want.

tumblr_motpkvJzGu1sp8elno1_500.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom