• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

Ugh, sorry to hear that. I bought up three axes from Leif and have chewed through two of them already.
No worries. The tarantula is mocking me as well. Hasn't shown up since last Thursday despite making regular appearances last week.

They know those are the final two museum donations on my checklist this month. They'll make me sweat as long as possible on them.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
wtf is Nintendo Zone?

sorry for the tangent but was checking animal crossing in a local supermarket coffee shop and this icon for Nintendo Zone pops up. Just seems to be a way to get onilne with 3DS without needing to add an access point. But the bloody icon is sitting there with a huge animated blue glow even when not highlighted on the dashboard - really distracting :/

GuitarAnthony

Neo Member
No Reggie for me. Ya know, I went to Best Buy for the raccoon clock via the spotpass and walked around for 20 minutes and never got it. Better not happen for the doubleneck guitar. I want a virtual guitar room in my AC home. Hell, bought extra metal guitars just to get them painted in different colors for the feng shui'in.

No Reggie for me. Ya know, I went to Best Buy for the raccoon clock via the spotpass and walked around for 20 minutes and never got it. Better not happen for the doubleneck guitar. I want a virtual guitar room in my AC home. Hell, bought extra metal guitars just to get them painted in different colors for the feng shui'in.

You have to go to the post office in-game and select download to get the DLC when you're at Best Buy.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
wtf is Nintendo Zone?

sorry for the tangent but was checking animal crossing in a local supermarket coffee shop and this icon for Nintendo Zone pops up. Just seems to be a way to get onilne with 3DS without needing to add an access point. But the bloody icon is sitting there with a huge animated blue glow even when not highlighted on the dashboard - really distracting :/
Stick it in a folder and then the folder will glow.

I got it from Stansted Airport when it was new so it said Nintendo Zone Coming Soon. Pretty sure when I checked it a year later it still said Nintendo Zone Coming Soon.

At least when you get that glow you often know your 3DS can connect online for free even in places that charge for WiFi (like Stansted Airport).

My FC is in my GAF profile (under "Biography").
You should move that to the swish new 3DS code field!

zigg

No worries. The tarantula is mocking me as well. Hasn't shown up since last Thursday despite making regular appearances last week.
Wonder if there's a rain thing going on. I have been cursed with constant thick clouds and/or rain.

Tarantula's good for July too though, isn't it?

Animekatt

Man I hate how the garden shop never sells the axe... I need to catch that violin beetle!

In order to catch the char, do I have to put the bobber right in the waterfall? Or I just need to fish around it?

Parfait

EYjYs7G.png

Y5BqCfe.png

found these on tumblr

UberTag

Wonder if there's a rain thing going on. I have been cursed with constant thick clouds and/or rain.

Tarantula's good for July too though, isn't it?
It is... believe we have until the end of summer for those.
Scorpions will be lurking starting next month as well.

The Best Buy I went to didn't even have it setup. Thankfully, you don't even need to be at Best Buy for it to work : rename your wireless network to Bestbuy ... disable encryption ... add the connection in the 3ds settings ... then go to the post office and ask for the present. I had to add the connection for it to work at home because I kept on receiving errors, but some people were able to skip that step.

MicH

Been doing A LOT of landscaping today. Burnt through all three of my axes already and still plenty of trees to cut down (and replant elsewhere). I counted my trees yesterday and I had 197. Way too many.

Today was another single hybrid and of course - it was an orange rose. Like the past three days. Come on, purple rose!

tumblr_mowigusHoy1svgayqo1_400.jpg

I now have 6 of these.. or was it 7?

T&T Mart opened today and I cleaned out everyting. Lava lamp? YESSS. TABLETOP GAME? BOUGHT BOUGHT BOUGHT.

And then I bought the two fortune cookies which gave me the Super Mushroom and a Varia Suit (duplicate). If anyone have the Varia Suit SHOES, I am very willing to trade the shirt for it.

New camper today was Blaire. Oh my god, just look at this cutie! I instantly convinced her to move in. I MUST have her in my town! (Gayle, Muffy and Wendy - you can move out now). A lot of the villagers in my town have placed their house in the worst possible spots. Even Snake. Actually, only Peewee, Cesar and Biskit have placed their houses in places I don't mind.

tumblr_mowihnQLrC1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Look at this cutie! Awww I could just hug her

I started laying down paths today and I REALLY like the turnout. Finished most of the northern part of town and some of the southern part. The whole western side is still lacking, though. My plan is to plant bushes around the paths as well as street lights. Here's what I've done so far:

tumblr_mowiij7PN31svgayqo1_400.jpg

Soo pretty

But I think I screwed up. I should probably have placed the street lights BEFORE I planted the bushes. That will probably cause some issues in placing them and I might have to dig up some bushes. Urgh. Oh well.

rocketobear

Neo Member
Does anyone have any food and/or kitchen furniture that they'd be willing to drop so I can catalogue them? I'd be more than happy to drop anything I have for you to catalogue, too!

Btw, I hate grass deterioration.

Grizzo

tumblr_mowihnQLrC1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Look at this cutie! Awww I could just hug her

I started laying down paths today and I REALLY like the turnout. Finished most of the northern part of town and some of the southern part. The whole western side is still lacking, though. My plan is to plant bushes around the paths as well as street lights. Here's what I've done so far:

tumblr_mowiij7PN31svgayqo1_400.jpg

Soo pretty

But I think I screwed up. I should probably have placed the street lights BEFORE I planted the bushes. That will probably cause some issues in placing them and I might have to dig up some bushes. Urgh. Oh well.

Can't wait to check that out later ! As I told you, I'm looking for another design for my path. One with 4 tiles would be amazing.

And stop acting like you don't like Muffy ! Deep down, you know she's your favorite ;)

My friend lost his cart. How sad is that? Somewhere a cart holding a village full of people is lost forever. Their town overrun with weeds, criminals rampant in the streets, and the villagers, left without a mayor.

Sad times.

Anyone know a place to get the game just a little under MSRP?

MicH

Can't wait to check that out later ! As I told you, I'm looking for another design for my path. One with 4 tiles would be amazing.

And stop acting like you don't like Muffy ! Deep down, you know she's your favorite ;)
She's like the best friend I won't admit having. God damn it Muffy and your delicious legit paintings.

rpmurphy

My friend lost his cart. How sad is that? Somewhere a cart holding a village full of people is lost forever. Their town overrun with weeds, criminals rampant in the streets, and the villagers, left without a mayor.

Sad times.

Anyone know a place to get the game just a little under MSRP?
I think Wario64 knows. Send him a PM.

have anyone else noticed that some of the animal gibberish is based on different languages
I feel Japanese is easy to spot, english words are easy as well
I heard french speech patterns from Eugene

Iacobellis

have anyone else noticed that some of the animal gibberish is based on different languages

The Sims is also the same way. I've picked up on English phrases before, but it's mainly gibberish.

In order to catch the char, do I have to put the bobber right in the waterfall? Or I just need to fish around it?

This is what you're looking for with char and waterfall fish: shadow right above the bob. The fish swims toward the waterfall, disappears, and then drifts back out again. I stand on one of the two cliffs (depending on which is closest to the fish) and drop my line at the top of the fall to let it drift down to the fish.

tumblr_mowk95QsbB1qa25kqo1_400.jpg

wtf is Nintendo Zone?

Nintendo Zone here in Portugal is available in a lot of places, they have a partnership with an internet service provider and you can get internet access where there's a wi-fi connection (that same ISP gives people the ability to share their internet and be able to use other people's internet that do the same thing). So, you can either connect in public places like McDonalds or something (even if it is paid Wi-Fi), or even on the street next to someone's house, or some coffee shop internet connection, etc. In my city I have internet connection basically everywhere on my 3DS with Nintendo Zone.

Khaz

I thought the gibberish was just all the letters spelled out very quickly? The same sound when you input stuff on the keyboard, but fast. It would explain why you get some words sometimes and some other may sound foreign.

I thought the gibberish was just all the letters spelled out very quickly? The same sound when you input stuff on the keyboard, but fast. It would explain why you get some words sometimes and some other may sound foreign.

I think it's something like that as well, I can clearly understand my name also, when they say it. Not perfect, but it is clearly my name based on how the words sounded when I typed them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom